Spyder Garage

Default Spyders in the Ozarks Update

UPDATE- I just found out that there are some rooms available at the host hotel. They opened up the block of rooms we had so if you want to stay with everyone else just give a call at 417-520-6200

Spyders in the Ozarks is just 15 days away and things are really shaping up. The event starts Thursday the 14th and will end on Sunday the 17th. The big BBQ will be hosted once again by Smokin' Bobs and we plan on eating between 3pm and 4pm on Saturday.

This is a free event including the BBQ and will be held right here at Lamonster Garage now that we have both buildings and the parking lot between. Vendors will include Spyderpops, Tattoo Your Ride, Sue Hopper , F4 Custom Windshields, Mini Trailers, SpyderLyter Fred, Along Came a Spyder Jewelry, Nathan Curry from Curry's Hotrod and a few more waiting to confirm. Jamie, from Keysport, will be onsite selling event shirts too and you can pick up the shirts you pre-ordered from her.

The Ozarks has some wonderful riding as many of you know. All rides will be self guided rides and we will have maps and suggestions for rides. Some of the locals have agreed to take small groups out, too. The best thing to do is pick a few folks you want to ride with and go explore the area as large groups are harder to manage.

This event is based off the BBQ's I used to have at my home in East Tennessee. Just a good time to see old friends and make new ones. Your only cost will be your fuel and lodging so we hope that helps you leave a few extra bucks in your pocket or to spend it with the vendors here at the event.

I'm told the host hotel is booked, but if you give them a call they can refer you to lodging nearby. Right now it looks like it will be a little bigger than last year and we had about two hundred show last year. The weather is great this time of year and a lot less likely to have any rain. Hope to see you all soon!

Host hotel
    Clarion Inn & Suites
    3370 E Battlefield Rd.
    Springfield MO 65804

Event location
    Lamonster Garage
    1271 N. Robin St.
    Nixa, MO 65714
    Shop 417-313-2245

Spyder Garage

Bringing some friends down for their first Spyder event! Thanks for the update!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default AN ABSOLUTELY KILLER ROAD

If you DARE find Country Rd " H " it goes n / s just above Branson and slightly east of it..... I believe it's in the Mark Twain forest .... if you are going down to Peel's ferry on 125 it branches off to the right as you go south ....... At least as good as the Dragon .... I think it may be better ......Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-31-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you DARE find Town Rd " H " it goes n / s just below Branson and slightly east of it..... I believe it's in the Mark Twain forest .... if you are going down to Peel's ferry on 25 it branches off to the right as you go south ....... At least as good as the Dragon .... I think it may be better ......Mike
    ^^Agreed^^ rode it last year at this event. Hwy 125 is another good one. Heck, the whole area is great We gonna stay closer to home this time around for an event that's going on that same wknd. Enjoy everybody!!!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Might just ride down for the day. Would be my first big ride since I bought the spyder, just got it a week ago

Spyder Garage

Default NEWBIE

Quote Originally Posted by smoof View Post
    Might just ride down for the day. Would be my first big ride since I bought the spyder, just got it a week ago
    DO NOT LEARN ON County Rd. " H " or 125 ....... stay safe ...... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 08-31-2017 at 08:01 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default rt 125

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    ^^Agreed^^ rode it last year at this event. Hwy 125 is another good one. Heck, the whole area is great We gonna stay closer to home this time around for an event that's going on that same wknd. Enjoy everybody!!!
    You jogged my memory , I changed my post to Rt 125 not 25 .....Thanks

Spyder Garage

Thanks Rick and Mike, We'll be down there with some friends from MN and I just plotted a nice Rt 125/Cty Rd H ride in the MyRoute-App Rick recently introduced me to.
    Takes us from Lamonster's Garage down 125 and H to Peels Ferry, to Bull Shoals, AR, and back to Lambert's Cafe, About 230 Miles in about 6+ hrs.
    The MyRoute-app is the offspring of the former Tyre route planning app. Works on my computer, Phone, and uploads maps to my Garmin easily.
    SitO SE 6hr ride.jpg
    Last edited by DGoebel; 08-31-2017 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Added Map
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ya'll be safe and have a great time. SITO is not on our radar for this year. We'll be riding in TN over that time. With the severe impact of the rain on Spyderfest the past two years, we've decided to opt-out of that event and go to other Spyder rallies around us for next year where the sun shines.
    Hope to make it to Lamont's BBQ Bash next year.
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default have not been able to pinpoint this road

If you DARE find Town Rd " H " it goes n / s just above Branson and slightly east of it..... I believe it's in the Mark Twain forest .... if you are going down to Peel's ferry on 125 it branches off to the right as you go south ....... At least as good as the Dragon .... I think it may be better ......Mike
    cannot find city road H or peels ferry. i find rt 125 from above Springfield to well below it. What towns and crossroads are near this road?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerjays View Post
    cannot find city road H or peels ferry. i find rt 125 from above Springfield to well below it. What towns and crossroads are near this road?
    You're looking for County Road H I think, it bears off of Rt 125 just south of Chadwick and heads toward Hwy 160 west of where 125 intersects 160., Peels Ferry is a ferry crossing that 125 takes you to Just south of the MO line south of Protem MO
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

You jogged my memory , I changed my post to Rt 125 not 25 .....Thanks
    Yeah, we heard the marbles clanigin' Mike....
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by smoof View Post
    Not sure you wanna be "learning" on 125 either. It's a great road though. I guess if you take your time, and keep your eyes "up" you should be ok. It's a long curvy ridge-top road with very few crossroads to get off of it. Loww "where you're going" and not "where you are" and ride safe. When ya get tired, take a cross road and head west to hwy 65 where it's 4 lanes.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Mazo EMS2, AGAIN Thank-you brother, I really love the MyRoute-App (successor to Tyre) and since we're planning on being down in the Springfield Area for the Spyders in the Ozarks (SitO) this year, and Lamont suggested self guided rides I've planed one using Mike's suggested roads (linked above)
    and just now finished a loop South West of Lamont's shop (using it as a focal point). This one's only 150 miles, could be a morning or afternoon ride and back in Nixa /Springfield for meals, vendor appts, etc.
    So for anyone using MyRoute-App or interested in a nice twisty route through the country here's my first draft https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social...227?mode=share
    SitO SW.JPG
    I'll be checking all these routes with Lamont and other local experts to make sure we're not missing something special along the way
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default NICE DIFFERENT ROUTE

D.G., thanks for the above route ..... it could be easily combined with the " H " road by going west on 160 after coming south on 125 .....just a thought ....... I haven't been over on that side of 65 much , at least not south of Branson .......... Mike

Spyder Garage

Are parts of the H road unpaived? I was making changes to my Table Rock route on Basecamp and when I stretched the rubber band over to H road it said unpaved road. It made the Table Rock Route about the same length as the other 2 I had planned but I was concerned that parts of the route were unpaived.
    1 Eureka Springs
    2 Table Rock
    3 Peel Ferry
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Are parts of the H road unpaived? I was making changes to my Table Rock route on Basecamp and when I stretched the rubber band over to H road it said unpaved road. It made the Table Rock Route about the same length as the other 2 I had planned but I was concerned that parts of the route were unpaived.
    1 Eureka Springs
    2 Table Rock
    3 Peel Ferry
    A good way to check that is put your route into Google maps, then bring the Street View icon on it. Most all the time if you see a blue line indicating a street view is available the road will be paved. Google street views seldom travel more than a few feet or miles on a non-paved road.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default " H " road

1 Eureka Springs
    2 Table Rock
    3 Peel Ferry
    It's always been paved for the last 5 years including this year ....quite smoooooooooooth actually ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Wish we could be there but looks like we can't.

Wish we could be there ourselves but the school year has started and we have obligations at church that weekend so we won't be able to attend.

One day though we will make it for this event too--come on RETIREMENT!!!!!

Good luck to everyone-it's beautiful and fun down there for sure! Fall weather is arriving already so hope it is still there the weekend of the 15th!

2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

It's always been paved for the last 5 years including this year ....quite smoooooooooooth actually ... Mike
    Thanks, I have worked on Base Camp all day to get my routes the way I want them. Peel Ferry is all 125 and loop around the lakes to do it again on H road on the way back. I also managed to get H road on the return back part of my Table Rock route. Just hope my group has the energy to do that. If not we can take the highway back. Where is a good resturant around Lead Hill or Diamond City?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default YOUR TRIP

Thanks, I have worked on Base Camp all day to get my routes the way I want them. Peel Ferry is all 125 and loop around the lakes to do it again on H road on the way back. I also managed to get H road on the return back part of my Table Rock route. Just hope my group has the energy to do that. If not we can take the highway back. Where is a good resturant around Lead Hill or Diamond City?
    I don't know on the restaurant .... but just before the Ferry on the North side is nice little grocery store that makes really nice sandwich's .... They about 1 1/2 miles from the Ferry ......... Is " H " fantastic or what .!!!!..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default MyRoute-App users

Just wondering if anyone else attending Spyders in the Ozarks 2017 is using the MyRoute-App? I've created a Public Event with some of the routes I've planned for some friends and I to ride. They're shared publicly.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

My first time to Springfield... hope I can catch up with some of you route planners. I am really Looking forward to the trip - my first Spyder event.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Bumping this thread to the top. Hopefully the remnants of Irma will stay to the east.
    2017 F3 Limited