Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ride with pet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinco View Post
    My Lab rides on the back seat of my ATV just around our property. On road trips longer than 30 minutes we have to medicate her for her "anxiety". I would love to take her on my RS, but won't take the chance of her being injured. I like the trailer idea but I'd have to find one big enough for my Lab and the wife's St. Bernard, not going to be easy.

This response is specifically for you, so utahpete doesn't get his hackles up. Have you looked into a thundershirt.

http://www.thundershirt.com/?gclid=E...SAAEgIUx_D_BwE

We had one for our previous Yorkie to keep her calm during thunderstorms; the calming affect is not only for thunderstorms. Our current Yorkie isn't bothered by any noise.

Spyder Garage

Default Carrier for our pet

Quote Originally Posted by dawalt871 View Post
    Good day everybody, I am now shopping for my first Spyder looking at the F3-SE6. But the question is, Has anybody made a carrier for their Spyder to be able to have a pet go with them. I have a pug that is also my service animal and will be riding with me. If you have pics or ideas please let me know.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

My wife is not a fan of this.........but I did it anyway :-))
    My sister asked me why "it" didn't have a helmet so I asked "it", and the response was "Don't need one.....you wouldn't DARE get me hurt!! "

20171028_141258r2.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    ..... http://www.thundershirt.com/?gclid=E...SAAEgIUx_D_BwE

We had one for our previous Yorkie to keep her calm during thunderstorms; the calming affect is not only for thunderstorms. Our current Yorkie isn't bothered by any noise.
    Our Max (the little white miniature Maltese) absobloodylutely enjoys ryding, especially if we are both aboard, so he doesn't wear his Thundershirt on the Spyder.... but he does have the fear of thunder that many dogs have, so on stormy nights he gets to wear his very own thundershirt!

Yes, they do make them small enough for a 2kg dog, and Yes, it does have a noticeable calming effect on him. Of course, if it's thundering during daylight hours, he'd much rather come sit with me than wear any old shirt, but hey, if you've got a softy big person around, why not take advantage!

Cheap insurance, even if it doesnt look the most sartorially elegant! Truth be known, I suspect it's only the lack of style that stops him wearing it during the day... come dark, the moment it starts rumbling anywhere withing 50 miles or the glass starts dropping, he'll get it & bring it to me so I can put it on him - so it's obviously just a fear of being caught wearing it by the papparazi during the day!! After all, a stylish Dog around town does have standards to uphold!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 11-04-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    This response is specifically for you, so utahpete doesn't get his hackles up. Have you looked into a thundershirt. http://www.thundershirt.com/?gclid=E...SAAEgIUx_D_BwE We had one for our previous Yorkie to keep her calm during thunderstorms; the calming affect is not only for thunderstorms. Our current Yorkie isn't bothered by any noise.
    I appreciate the concern for my hackles, but no worries.

We have two 25# terrier mix rescue dogs (from the same litter); one gets really angry at thunder and wants to chase it away every time. The other could care less.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 11-04-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    I like that setup. Best I've seen so far. Looks sturdy and safe and has the luggage rack on top too.
    That is brilliant. My dog would hate being in there during the trip but he would love being with us instead of in doggie daycare.