Spyder Garage

Default Brake Leak trying to find part sizes

spyder brake bolt_LI.jpgAnybody know the size and thread pitch and what size washers go to the blue bolt I'm leaking brake fluid from it and want to go get right parts before i back it out and dump fluid in a pan Dealers tech is busy and not answering calls LOL

Love late Mondays Jeep with a death wobble ...spyder leaking ....I need a
    Parents need to eat more garlic...why?? children are energy vampires

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it...

It is a nut that holds the park brake arm on a splined shaft and most likely not the source of the leak. Not knowing what year or model spyder I can't dig into it but probably an 8mmX1.25 or 1.50.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Have to agree with Chupaca. That bolt's not leaking. It just holds the park brake arm on the spline shaft. If it is brake fluid you are seeing. There are no parts available that I know of. Needs a new caliper assembly.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You might spray some brake clean around the caliper, especially around the line connection and banjo bolt. That may be seeping there. A pack of various size copper washers should get you two the correct size. Otherwise, unless the caliper is cracked somewhere, the piston seal is blown and like the others said, would require a new caliper. To R&R the unit take the parking brake off and leave it off until you are done and have pumped the brake pedal back up. Otherwise, you will get a parking brake failure code, etc... Good luck!

And, btw, on the FE wobble of the Jeep, check the shock that is connected to the center link/frame. They have a bad tendency to go bad and cause that very problem.

Spyder Garage

Thank you folks for answers ....yes the fluid is coming from the bolt cleaned and checked and its weeping off that bolt i painted blue

its a 2013 ST-S
    there are 2 Alan bolts that hold the cables to the brake and the the center one i colored blue holds the pivot arm on

so i guess a new caliper is in my future so far best i can find is $400

And the DW on the jeep turned out to be threw 8oz off a tire and my monday put the weight into the stabilizer shock ....so tires re-balanced and shock replaced
    Last edited by SpyderWingman; 08-29-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    Parents need to eat more garlic...why?? children are energy vampires