Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

+1 on the Magic Mirrors, Don't order those sad replacement clips!
    Lamonster can probably get you a set of Magic Mirror magnetic mounts way faster than ordering the stock parts.
    Best self maintenance mods I purchased for the Spyder. Now you keep the top clips/pins and just replace the two bottom pins/clips with super strong magnets and magnetic plates. So easy to remove and replace the mirrors.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 09-01-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added links to Lamonster's Magic Mirrors
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by heyharris1 View Post
    Well, I got most of it back together, got it fired up and low and behold it ran and purred like a kitten, I am going with either the plugs were bad (Cause they looked terrible) or a wire issue. Just when I think I got it back together I go to put the mirrors on and low and behold the little clips things in the back are broken. SIGH. Once again it has to sit while I order parts. I may just duck tape the damn things on then when people ask why I will simply tell them because the duck tape is better then the garbage Can am is putting out.

Fustratred all to hell,

Jim
    Just curious, I have a brand new 2015 RS-S that is doing similar idle fluctuations, since mine has less than 1000 miles on it and it's still covered under warreny I will bring it to the dealer and make it their problem too. My question is did you remove and bypass the canister? If so how sure are you that that wasn't the issue? Either way, I'm glad to hear that yours is fixed. Like yours, when I'm out riding it up in the RPM's she runs like a champ, never skips a beat.
    2015 RS-S , Black and orange

Spyder Garage

Default DITTO

I did the same, just the 2 bottom pins/clips, ordered the magnets on line & picked up the rest of the hardware at the local hardware store. Under $20 for everything and about 30 minutes ror each mirror conversion.
    ALL my mirror vibrations are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! Very easy fix and now very easy to R&R the mirrors too!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    +1 on the Magic Mirrors, Don't order those sad replacement clips!
    Lamonster can probably get you a set of Magic Mirror magnetic mounts way faster than ordering the stock parts.
    Best self maintenance mods I purchased for the Spyder. Now you keep the top clips/pins and just replace the two bottom pins/clips with super strong magnets and magnetic plates. So easy to remove and replace the mirrors.

Spyder Garage

I knew that the canister because I replaced it first with the bypass and it ran just as bad. Would not idle more than a minute before stalling. After I replaced the plugs and wires it fired right up and purred like a kitten. Not sure if the problem was the plugs it the wires but it was one of them. Looking at the plugs they did look like hell. I also tested the wires for continuity against the factory specs and they seemed okay so I am leaning towards bad plugs.
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS