Spyder Garage

Default "Some of my favorite things..."

I have a 2016 F3L, with the '17 Topbox added. Also have a number of lights, etc added, but my favorite additions are:
    a: Foam seat insert from Motorcycle Dave. I have a problem with the circulation in my legs such that pressure on the inside and back of my upper thighs will reduce circulation and give me leg cramps within a couple hours. That really reduces, to say the least, the pleasure of a long distance ride. BRP's Coast-to-Coast seat eliminated the leg cramps, but the rear portion (when seated) of my butt would get sore after only a few hours on the Spyder. Dave's insert solved that problem, and at 1/10th the cost of a new saddle that may, or may not have done so.

b: BajaRon anti- sway bar. After riding RT's for 4 1/2 years, i was thrilled by how much less the F3 was affected by gusts of wind from the side and from gusts created by 18 wheelers. While the F3 was a big improvement, for me, it did not eliminate the problem. Finally, after almost 6 years riding a Spyder, I broke down and installed Ron's sway bar. Wow! feels like a different machine altogether. Not only did it greatly reduce the effect the gusts, but the machine feels better even of a strait piece of road. Though I am way more cautious now then I was when I was 16 (60 years ago), that new sway bar make the whole Spyder experience more comfortable and more fun, even the twisties.

c: Foam handlebar grips from Spyder Pops. These make the grips fit my hands better.The increase in diameter, and the texture of the foam are a big improvement over the smallish, hard stock grips. It remains to be seen how they effect heated grips in the winter?

d: Wide Vu Mirror from TricLed. What a great product. I still turn my head to look before changing lanes, but I do not have to nearly as often since the I can now see that there is something in what used to be the blind spot.

TomG
    Last edited by TomG; 08-27-2017 at 08:28 AM. Reason: I was not done, but had a brain check

Spyder Garage

Default Nicely done...

You have found the farkles that best suit you and your ryding style. It's all about safety, comfort and making it yours. Enjoy the changes
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black