Spyder Garage

Default Louder Exhaust Options

Hi, New to the site. Looking for ideas to improve the exhaust look and sound on my newly acquired 2013 Spyder RS-S. The stock unit is a little too tame for my liking.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dickgi View Post
    Hi, New to the site. Looking for ideas to improve the exhaust look and sound on my newly acquired 2013 Spyder RS-S. The stock unit is a little too tame for my liking.
    I am new as well so Welcome.

i agree with the tame sound so after a bunch of research I am going with the following this winter. Pay close attention to the description on MFG's websites. Some show for 2013 and up and have a 2012 picture. If you search for a 14-15 the info is more accurate. 2013 the frame changed along with the exhaust. It was very confusing for me at first till I learned a little more in what you can use year wise for parts that fit / don't fit.

https://www.twobros.com/collections/...stem-2013-2015
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Ultimate Seats ST Midrider
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Show Chrome Brake Pedal Extension
    Excelvan X-Grip Cell Phone Holder w/USB Charger
    Much more to come......
    Ryder:
    6'-1" - 205lbs - 32"IS - 34"Reach

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What do your neighbors think about it?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They had some smoking hot deals during Homecoming on RS parts including Akropovic exhaust. Check with your dealer to see if they can get you one at a good price.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default louder

Hi, depending on how loud you are thinking I have had the two brothers and the tailgunner.... I actually sold the two brothers because I wanted more sound. Tailgunner is the way to go if you want it quite a bit louder than stock

Spyder Garage

Default Lot to choose from....

I have had a few and have found the one I like best is the Yoshimura R77. It does come with a baffle that you can add if you want it a bit quieter. You can go to YouTube and see and hear a lot of them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Nearest neighbor is half a mile away. I live on 80 acres about 15 minutes from the city.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    What do your neighbors think about it?

Spyder Garage

Yes, that is what I am talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by cmbspyderrss View Post
    I am new as well so Welcome.

i agree with the tame sound so after a bunch of research I am going with the following this winter. Pay close attention to the description on MFG's websites. Some show for 2013 and up and have a 2012 picture. If you search for a 14-15 the info is more accurate. 2013 the frame changed along with the exhaust. It was very confusing for me at first till I learned a little more in what you can use year wise for parts that fit / don't fit.

https://www.twobros.com/collections/...stem-2013-2015

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Yep, a tailgunner

Nearest neighbor is half a mile away. I live on 80 acres about 15 minutes from the city.
    If you ran one of these the folks in the city could hear you leaving your driveway.

Spyder Garage

I'm leaning towards the Two Brothers setup because I like the look better. Amazing how they can charge so much but I guess that is just the way it is. Wondering about this statement in the installation instructions:

Repack Carbon Fiber and Titanium mufflers every 10 hours, repack Aluminum mufflers every 15 hours.

What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    If you ran one of these the folks in the city could hear you leaving your driveway.

Spyder Garage

Have and 13 RS have HMF not super loud.

Would be louder if u take cat off

Spyder Garage

I put on an HMF as well on my wife's old GS. She loved the sound. The nice thing about HMF is that they are really inexpensive.

If you want cheaper than that then go to AliExpress and get one of he Chinese knock offs. Usually $30-$60 and, surprisingly, made with really good materials.

Spyder Garage

I have ordered the Two Brothers 005-3590406DV-B. I will post once they get installed (hopefully within a couple of weeks).

Spyder Garage

I just put a Yoshimura with the baffle in on my 2012 RS and love it... I had an RLS on it and it was too loud and crackling.. My X has a Two Brothers on her 2014 RS but I think mine is a deeper throb and very mellow at speed but really speaks if you open it up..

Spyder Garage

I have ordered the Two Brothers 005-3590406DV-B. I will post once they get installed (hopefully within a couple of weeks).
    Congrats. Look forward to what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by amusher View Post
    I just put a Yoshimura with the baffle in on my 2012 RS and love it... I had an RLS on it and it was too loud and crackling.. My X has a Two Brothers on her 2014 RS but I think mine is a deeper throb and very mellow at speed but really speaks if you open it up..
    Good experience info. Happen to have any sound clips?
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Much more to come......
    Ryder:

Spyder Garage

very happy with the results

e ordered the Two Brothers 005-3590406DV-B. I will post once they get installed (hopefully within a couple of weeks).[/QUOTE]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

very happy with the results

e ordered the Two Brothers 005-3590406DV-B. I will post once they get installed (hopefully within a couple of weeks).
    [/QUOTE]

Looks great. Hope to hear some sound clips.
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Much more to come......
    Ryder:

Spyder Garage

Glad you went with the Two Bros. I have duel Two Bros on my GS and love the rumble.

Wondering about this statement in the installation instructions:
    Repack Carbon Fiber and Titanium mufflers every 10 hours, repack Aluminum mufflers every 15 hours.
    What does that mean?
    You forgot to read the caveat at the bottom of the page. Something like "For racing or off road purposes only." Yeah, I like to race, but 10 to 15 hours is a lot of racing time.

The Two Bros mufflers are glass packed pipes. Over time, with the heat of the exhaust going through them, the glass pack starts to erode. Depending on how aggressive you ride, you can repack them sooner or later. For me, when the rumble changes and Hubby starts complaining about the noise, I repack mine. Not that hard to do and the kits are cheap. Don't believe the YouTube videos about throwing out the metal mesh guard.

The carbon fiber and titanium pipes are softer that the aluminum pipes. I have carbon fiber ones and went too long between repacks once. The carbon fiber tubes were starting to go and I had to replace them. Lesson learned...
    Last edited by Yazz; 09-08-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Because I can...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Yes, I did read up on the repacking procedure. That is one of the main reasons that I did not want to go with the carbon fiber ones. I think/hope these aluminum ones may get louder but hopefully it won't wreck anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Glad you went with the Two Bros. I have duel Two Bros on my GS and love the rumble.

You forgot to read the caveat at the bottom of the page. Something like "For racing or off road purposes only." Yeah, I like to race, but 10 to 15 hours is a lot of racing time.

The Two Bros mufflers are glass packed pipes. Over time, with the heat of the exhaust going through them, the glass pack starts to erode. Depending on how aggressive you ride, you can repack them sooner or later. For me, when the rumble changes and Hubby starts complaining about the noise, I repack mine. Not that hard to do and the kits are cheap. Don't believe the YouTube videos about throwing out the metal mesh guard.

The carbon fiber and titanium pipes are softer that the aluminum pipes. I have carbon fiber ones and went too long between repacks once. The carbon fiber tubes were starting to go and I had to replace them. Lesson learned...

Spyder Garage

Nice choice. Post a video with sound when you can.

Spyder Garage

This past Saturday I added a HMF pipe to mine. It is a bit deeper like you added a woofer to a stereo where you can feel it more and a bit louder than stock. It also pops more when letting the bike slow from high rpm's like sports cars do. The look is much better than stock. I like this because you can hear it but I can leave the neighborhood at 5:30 am and not wake everyone. Should I want louder I will remove the cat down the road.

https://www.hmfracing.com/exhausts/can-am/spyder-rs
    Angus H.

2016 Magma Red RS-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zosixd View Post
    This past Saturday I added a HMF pipe to mine. It is a bit deeper like you added a woofer to a stereo where you can feel it more and a bit louder than stock. It also pops more when letting the bike slow from high rpm's like sports cars do. The look is much better than stock. I like this because you can hear it but I can leave the neighborhood at 5:30 am and not wake everyone. Should I want louder I will remove the cat down the road.

https://www.hmfracing.com/exhausts/can-am/spyder-rs
    Thanks for the real world info. On the site it looks like a nice pipe.

this type of statement always gives me a chuckle with no Dyno sheet. Wonder what that "Ton of Power" is. HP? TQ? Low, mid or high gain?

We designed an 16" Elliptical Exhaust that picked up a ton of power.
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Much more to come......
    Ryder: