Spyder Garage

Default Part # or information regarding the adjustment cable nut

I had taken the front end apart and misplaced one of the adjustment cable nuts, I am sure it is in the garage somewhere but at the moment cannot find it. I have searched around and cannot find it listed on any parts list, does anyone know the size and/or part # for it, may still take the one I have to the hardware store but wanted to see what one would cost before I opted for a cheap replacement.

2013 RT Limited.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

I am sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. So the front end. Is it part of the steering? Suspension?

Maybe take a picture of the missing part location and post it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

It is the nut that holds the adjustment cable to the frame and has to be removed in order to remove the headlights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kyace2003 View Post
    It is the nut that holds the adjustment cable to the frame and has to be removed in order to remove the headlights.
    Ace hardware store has everything you need

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jtoro1 View Post
    Ace hardware store has everything you need
    I have found that to be true more times than not and has recently become my first place to go.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

More than likely metric and the most common are the 6mm x1.25 and the 8mm x 1.50 but if larger they go 10-12 etc if you have some nuts and bolts around that you can compare with it will get you the size when matched to the charts at the hardware store...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

documenting for future;

The nut is a M14 pitch 1.5, the one from Ace Hardware is a little thicker but it seems to work.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE MYSTERY PART

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I am sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. So the front end. Is it part of the steering? Suspension?

I think He is referring the very thick cable that adjusts the focus of the headlights ..... they go down to the left and right POP-OFF panels in front of your feet ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kyace2003 View Post
    I had taken the front end apart and misplaced one of the adjustment cable nuts, I am sure it is in the garage somewhere but at the moment cannot find it. I have searched around and cannot find it listed on any parts list, does anyone know the size and/or part # for it, may still take the one I have to the hardware store but wanted to see what one would cost before I opted for a cheap replacement.

2013 RT Limited.

Thanks
    22mm wrench. Take the one you have to fastenal, get a second. While I have handled plenty putting in LED headlights from Lamont and TRIC, I'm not sure of the thread pitch. If you can't figure it out, I'll yank one of mine and measure it for you. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    22mm wrench. Take the one you have to fastenal, get a second. While I have handled plenty putting in LED headlights from Lamont and TRIC, I'm not sure of the thread pitch. If you can't figure it out, I'll yank one of mine and measure it for you. Joe
    Joe thanks, I went to a store called Ace Hardware and they had one, the pitch is 1.5 and the size is M14.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post

There is a cable that is attached to each headlight unit with an end that is attached to the "frame" under each small panel that covers the radiator on the right and oil on the left (this is on a 2013 RT). In order to pull the head light units you have to remove this nut or the head lights will not come out far enough in order to work with them. If you have ever taken either of these panels off, you have seen this brass looking knob, that is it. In the end the nut is only there to keep the cable tight and in theory I could have went on without it but I do not like things like that just hanging around if possible.