Spyder Garage

Default fustratred with sena s10 looking for help.

Hello all,

Can someone please explain this to me like i am a six year old. So I ordered there Sena s10d and they arrived I got all excited. First problem is the direction were worse than useless, just complete garbage. After trying this and trying that I got everything installed then finally got it to pair up with the other helmet and the communication words. The directions say to pair with the phone to press the phone button and hold for 5 seconds and it should say "Phone paring". I get nothing regardless how long I hold it. To get the radio I am supposed to press the phone button for 1 second and I should hear a double beep then FM on or FM. Again I get nothing. I seems like the only thing that works is the voice communication. Hoping that someone who has the s10 can explain.

Thank you,

Jim
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Spyder Garage

If you get up to the TriCities, drop in and I'll try to help you, at least figure out if you got a lemon, or of course, call support and hope they can help.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go to your phone settings and see if your SENA shows up as a Bluetooth device. The phone button should turn your radio on, are you sure you're pushing the correct button?

These devices are awesone when they work as advertised but, as you're figuring out, they're very frustrating if they don't. Good luck and resist the urge to smash them under your Spyder tire.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Hello,
    Got it figured out, As you all can tell i'm not the most tech savey well it seems as if the blue tooth was disabled on my phone. I didnt even know it could be disabled. It took my daughter (Go figure) to look it over and discovered the problem and fixed it for me. guess shes good for something besides a tax write off.

Jim
    2012 Can am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Chevy Camaro SS

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sometimes

You get a bad unit. If you can't make it work exchange it for a new unit!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by heyharris1 View Post
    Hello,
    guess shes good for something besides a tax write off.

Jim
    I hope your daughter doesn't read your post

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

You might want to register the unit and then check for firmware updates. Let YouTube be your friend. Sena has a video for everything on a Sena headset.

Spyder Garage

I share some of the OP's sense of frustration, but in a limited fashion. Hopefully someone can answer a question.....

We have a 2017 F3 Ltd. We also purchased Sena SMH10's (dual). No problem so far. Got head sets mounted. They were automatically paired from factory. Worked fine. I then paired my (driver) helmet to the GPS (OK), and then to my cell phone (also OK). I did not do this with wife's helmet, thinking she could pair separately with her own cell phone if she wished. Am I correct in this? She is passenger almost always. Now, I would like to pair my helmet with the radio on the F3? Is this possible, and if so how? I don't seem to find necessary instructions. Do I need to add some other equipment in order to get radio sound from bike into my headset?

So, basically, my limited questions are: how do I get the radio from the bike into my hat? Trying to listen to radio while ryding is useless if simply listening to speaker system on bike. Do I really want radio in my hat, or is it simply too much distraction or otherwise dangerous? And, can my wife and I have separately paired cell phones into our individual hats? I don't really have my phone on constantly very much; tend to leave it off unless actually expecting a call. Otherwise, cell phone and I are pretty much 'strangers' who only occasionally get together (and I prefer it that way; damn thing is more nuisance, except for necessary/emergency contact).

Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by bushrat; 08-18-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

make sure your Bluetooth is on for your phone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    I share some of the OP's sense of frustration, but in a limited fashion. Hopefully someone can answer a question.....

We have a 2017 F3 Ltd. We also purchased Sena SMH10's (dual). No problem so far. Got head sets mounted. They were automatically paired from factory. Worked fine. I then paired my (driver) helmet to the GPS (OK), and then to my cell phone (also OK). I did not do this with wife's helmet, thinking she could pair separately with her own cell phone if she wished. Am I correct in this? She is passenger almost always. Now, I would like to pair my helmet with the radio on the F3? Is this possible, and if so how? I don't seem to find necessary instructions. Do I need to add some other equipment in order to get radio sound from bike into my headset?

So, basically, my limited questions are: how do I get the radio from the bike into my hat? Trying to listen to radio while ryding is useless if simply listening to speaker system on bike. Do I really want radio in my hat, or is it simply too much distraction or otherwise dangerous? And, can my wife and I have separately paired cell phones into our individual hats? I don't really have my phone on constantly very much; tend to leave it off unless actually expecting a call. Otherwise, cell phone and I are pretty much 'strangers' who only occasionally get together (and I prefer it that way; damn thing is more nuisance, except for necessary/emergency contact).

Thanks for any advice.
    It would have been better if you started a new thread for your questions. You will receive more and better answers.

Yes each headset can be paired to a different phone.
    If you wish to hear the Spyder radio in your headset. You need to add a BT dongle to your Spyder. Most common is a Sena SM10. Then pair with it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks for any advice.
    Yes your wife can have her phone pair to her helmet. She can also play music from her phone into her helmet or share it with you. With the SMH10s, use of the intercom, will stop the music. My wife like to push the intercom button and say a few words and then not disconnect. Then I find myself riding in silence. So, I use the bike stereo for music and the intercom can be on all the time. This way she can talk to me if she wants....or not if she wants....
    2012 RTS

2012 RtS M5 , Stock Homemade Metallic Silver

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Dave here....
    To make the radio on the Spyder go to your helmet wireless you need
    an SM10 Transmitter and the cable that plugs it into your radio then everything
    from your audio system will be able to go to your bluetooth head sets.
    I have them in stock $199.95.... Call me 8:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time
    209-887-3283
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    PS. Alway register your SENA products when you get them for the
    warranty. it's easy go to the SENA website.
    ALSO always save the box they came in incase you have to return them.

Thanks for any advice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hi Dave here....
    To make the radio on the Spyder go to your helmet wireless you need
    an SM10 Transmitter and the cable that plugs it into your radio then everything
    from your audio system will be able to go to your bluetooth head sets.
    I have them in stock $199.95.... Call me 8:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific time
    209-887-3283
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    PS. Alway register your SENA products when you get them for the
    warranty. it's easy go to the SENA website.
    ALSO always save the box they came in incase you have to return them.
    Dave always gives good advice, and I must say is excellent to deal with.
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Yes each headset can be paired to a different phone. If you wish to hear the Spyder radio in your headset. You need to add a BT dongle to your Spyder. Most common is a Sena SM10. Then pair with it.
    Thanks for specific answer and suggestion; helps me to understand solution. Have been checking out possible SM10 purchase. Right now, on eBay and elsewhere, the same item costs anywhere from US$56 (low asking) to over US$200, with mid-range around US$135, but also some offering a 'buy it now' at under US$80. Am I missing something here? Pictures all show same thing (little black box with 3 buttons); is there more? additional cables? Just hoping my wish for some audio while ryding doesn't require several hundred $$ more in outlay (for an already expensive toy).
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Thanks for specific answer and suggestion; helps me to understand solution. Have been checking out possible SM10 purchase. Right now, on eBay and elsewhere, the same item costs anywhere from US$56 (low asking) to over US$200, with mid-range around US$135, but also some offering a 'buy it now' at under US$80. Am I missing something here? Pictures all show same thing (little black box with 3 buttons); is there more? additional cables? Just hoping my wish for some audio while ryding doesn't require several hundred $$ more in outlay (for an already expensive toy).
    You need a special cable to connect the SM10 to your radio. That you can get if you buy the SM10 kit from BRP. Or buy the SM10 and cable from Motorcycledave who posted above. Or custom build your own cable. Buying from Motorcycledave will likely be the cheaper, simpler option.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    make sure your Bluetooth is on for your phone.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red