Spyder Garage

Default loose panel by drivers rt foot

Good Evening, I was cleaning her up and noticed the flat black panel by the drivers right foot was loose. Anyone ever see this before and what do I do to fix it. I'm taking her in for an oil change and once over next week. Thanks, Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

You don't need to do a thing with/to it. That's the way it's supposed to be. It isn't going anywhere. Forget about it and ride on -- safely!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

. Mine is the same way.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

Not sure what you mean by Loose,but mine isn't. I would check at the bottom and make sure that the little tabs along the bottom edge are where they are supposed to be.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BoilerAnimal's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

By loose, I mean that the panel will move slightly up or down or side to side slightly. Not like it's ready to fall off or anything like that. Leaving Florida this morning and will definitely take a closer look at it when we get home.
    On the road again...........and forever young!

2013 RT-S SE 5

Yesterday is a cancelled check.
    Tomorrow is a promissory note.
    Today is cash.......spend it wisely.

Spyder Garage

As Pegasus mentioned there are a couple tabs on the bottom of the panel above that secure the black panel. That's one way to tell if your tech is incredibly average or above after they put it back together. You have to fuss with that panel a bit to get it on correctly. There is also a pinch bolt on the bottom of the black panel you could try tightening. If they forgot to tighten that then they are below average.
    Last edited by Bensonoid; 08-18-2017 at 05:02 AM.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Default The Panel above

has clips that catch the top of the panel that is loose, maybe yours is not installed correctly and the clips are not engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Good Evening, I was cleaning her up and noticed the flat black panel by the drivers right foot was loose. Anyone ever see this before and what do I do to fix it. I'm taking her in for an oil change and once over next week. Thanks, Mike

Spyder Garage

In the 2nd pic with my thumb in it you can see the gap. The other side is not like that. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default i had a loose panel also

its has ben a long time but i can see what i did to fix it . get back to you

Spyder Garage

Default loose panel

mine is a 2011 rt i think it would be the same set up ? ///// by the way i live in surfside beach s.c. trying to fine a rideing group

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone. I guess you can tell I've been messing with the bike more lately. I'm going back for probably my last Drs visit since my shoulder replacement in February. The Dr still hasn't released me to ride so I've limited myself to 2500 miles so far this summer. Actualy it pretty much takes only one arm to ride her with the throttle rocker so it hasn't been a problem. It's actually like therapy. Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default loose panel

new to this site / how to get to the riding clubs can you e a hint ?

Spyder Garage

I understand they come out the crate like that. Something to do with the switchover to the 1330. Stopped mine moving with two small bits of Velcro. By the way it's your left foot.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by electricman View Post
    new to this site / how to get to the riding clubs can you e a hint ?
    Checkout the State forums on this site.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My fix for loose panel

On my 2014 RTS my left one was also loose and I could hear it rattle at times...I pulled out on the panel and looked behind it and found a place that I drilled and taped it for a 10/32 machine screw...Painted the head of the screw black...Problem solved...

Spyder Garage

Yessiree Bob, you are correct (not right) it is my left foot. I must have been standing backwards. Who's Bob Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO