Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Only had my Spyder break loose once, we were outside of Reno and we got caught in a thunderstorm, I think that there was still dirt and oil on the highway as it had been dry. We have ridden in the rain for several days on end during some of out trips and have not had any issues as we usually slow down . We are also usually pulling trailers so that makes a big difference. I have been in some down pours so bad we had to stop as you could not even see the road. I would rather be on the spyders in the rain than any two wheeler. Just make sure you spend money on some great rain gear. I also like the fact that we can ride the Cascades in the fall to see the colors and don't worry about the wet leaves on the road.
    Box Canyon Ride 008.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I was just on a long trip to Spydequest in Lake George NY. 4200 miles on the F3L to NY and I hit no rain. The rear tire was worn so I had Netzley's mount a new General Altimax. I didn't hit any rain until my last day from Salina, UT to Las Vegas. Heavy rain and then clearing,then heavy rain again. Everything was fine until I hit a stream running across the interstate at 75 mph. Thanks to the nanny it was just a little swerve. Kept the speed lower and my eyes open a little wider the rest of the way home.
    When in Salina always stop at Mom's Cafe for Breakfast!!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    When in Salina always stop at Mom's Cafe for Breakfast!!
    Except when the hotel includes breakfast.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

I have rode many times in the rain and have had very little problems. My last experience was riding about 8 hours across the state of Tennessee when tropical storm Harvey came up from Texas. We also had rain at our last Spyderfest event earlier this year. I don't plan to ride in the rain; but if I want to go somewhere on my Spyder I still feel confident that I can arrive safely if there is rain in the forecast.

Spyder Garage

A fellow Spyder rider and I were on the Dragon this past spring in a deluge. He had ridden the road a few times before and commented it was the safest he had ever felt on the road. It was raining so hard the thrill seeking two wheelers couldn't ride it. We were virtually alone except for a couple cars.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Except when the hotel includes breakfast.
    Well even if the hotel includes Breakfast.....its that good!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Here in Saskatchewan, all our paved roads suffer from “depressed wheel tracks”, during rain these become lakes and rivers..where should I ride? One front wheel in the water and the back tire on drier road or straddle the high spot to keep the back tire on the high and drier part? Which is worse for hydro planing? Remember these are the only vehicles (unicycle excluded) that do not have a front tire making a track for the rear tire...

Spyder Garage

An inch or more of water, plus speed over 50 will most likely make you hydro plane. The "nanny" saved my bacon twice. I would avoid that situation (stay out of standing water) if you can.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red