Spyder Garage

Default Any Ideas/ Brake Failure

Spyder was fine no problems. Lifted it in the air install Doc vibration damper. Started bike to see how the the damper was tracking on the belt turned it off put panels on. went to go for ride it says brake failure, engine light is flashing, Abs light is lit up and what looks like a bunch of little zzzzzz. Nothing else was done an noway the damper has anything to do with it. Any why this would all of a sudden happen. C006 C0034 C0031 Brake Failure
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Default Happens....

This is common when the spyder is run with the rear wheel in the air as the nanny finds that the front and rear wheels are not spinning near the same speed. You should be able to set her down pull the key and let the computers re-set then ryde it and they will see that all wheels are spinning alike and leave you alone....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you much
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

It's happened because you started the Spyder in the air, and then let the back wheel be driven while the fronts weren't!! Nanny really doesn't like that!!

When this occurs ( & it does happen fairly often, but it usually only catches people out just the once! ) it usually corrects itself if you gently & carefully ryde the Spyder for a bit & operate the brake, do a bit of steering from side to side etc, altho the distance needed might vary from 10 yards to a couple of hundred - it seems that the Nanny just needs to see that everything is working properly before it resets. Generally not a major thing tho....

Good Luck!

Edit: obviously I'm typing slooowly today!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you guys. when I sat the bike down I did roll in forward but guess not enough. I thought darn I have some dumb luck, already had brake switch replaced and now this. But you guy were right on the money by the time I got to the end of the driveway it was gone and crisis adverted. Thanks again chalk this up a lesson learned.
    To be continued....