Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    For the most part: Sales...

Right on: The dealer designation used to be based on Sales, Qualified (as in took the official classes) Technicians, and Inventory of parts and accessories.

Now: it is hit and miss. There are some who would vouch that they deal with a tin, copper, or lead based dealership--instead of the platinum, gold, silver classifications. A sign of the current times.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default It's beginning to make sense...

My wife and I are new to the world of Spyders; we each have one and have participated in some meals and fellowship with the KC Spyder Ryders. The first meeting that I attended was a month ago at Reno's in South Kansas City. Remember, I'm new but have had several Harleys and dirt bikes early in my riding experience. The 'Dealer' had a talk with the group that indicated that BRP had signed over 300 dealers in the USA and that their dealership intended to be a Spyder dealer long term. He asked that we give the dealership a 'chance' before taking money out of town or across town). Possibly this is a new sales philosophy; I did not try to purchase a new vehicle from them but did purchase one used from them and have had the other serviced (and recalls performed). Presumably this is an answer of sorts to past sales policies and a pitch to let bygones be bygones (or that was the message I came away with).

I firmly believe (having heard from a couple of different directions) that 'millennials' are not that interested in motor vehicles in particular and possessions in general. This is affecting the motorcycle market in general (which now has 'ZERO % financing, we trade for anything with a title and 'how much payment can you afford' marketing being common place. With the market softening, my OPINION is that it would be counter productive toward long term financial health for BRP slice the pie any thinner than it already has. I firmly believe that incentives directed toward the dealers, some of which could be passed to consumers will be the best long term path toward financial health for both the company and for the dealer network that it has cultivated. IF, as a part of this program they made tech training and service training a bit more affordable to the dealership I'm sure that the brand overall will begin to turn around.

All of this is my OPINION and VIEW from an industry outsider.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    The 'Dealer' had a talk with the group that indicated that BRP had signed over 300 dealers in the USA and that their dealership intended to be a Spyder dealer long term. He asked that we give the dealership a 'chance' before taking money out of town or across town). I firmly believe (having heard from a couple of different directions) that 'millennials' are not that interested in motor vehicles in particular and possessions in general. All of this is my OPINION and VIEW from an industry outsider.
    Yeah, I don't really know about millennials. My guess is that in the heartland they're not much different from other generations. But, in the urban areas in particular, they are definitely on the forefront of the move away from possessions and toward 'experiences'. I think another factor is that millennials are saddled with a whole lot of student debt that previous generations didn't have to deal with. Time marches on and the only constant is change.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought it might be time to revive this discussion.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let it die...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

that is an awesome/idea thought for BRP!! but are they smart enough to consider such a move or are they "bull-headed"??
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

right on brother! BRP needs to clean up their act with the dealers. we have a local dealer that sells a ton of other motorcycles and has maybe 1 or 2 Spyders in the showroom.. and NO Spyder gear, etc.?? so why does BRP allow these type of operations??
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2RTsGV View Post
    I was thinking that maybe BRP could open service shops for Spyders and the dealers wouldn't have to do anything more than sell the spyder. The BRP service centers could focus only on the spyder and BRP could provide each service center with BUDS and fully trained Techs.
    A very good suggestion. Another way BRP can fix this issue is to have their dealerships focus on servicing the Spyders yet allow them to sell Spyders based on demands.

Spyder Garage

think the current survey & rating system has them too confused to know what is really going on, or they just don't care Have responded & completed the surveys (first 2years maybe)& then there were no more, still having warranty/ extended warranty, & service work done. But no more surveys asking about it. Meanwhile my local dealer that I & others AVOID because of their failures has some how jumped in rank up to a platinum level per the ranking system last reported failure this shop left a customers bike outdoors uncovered for 2weeks & when it was picked up (dirty & sun faded) the frunk was stuck shut when the person returned home 100+ miles away (their local dealer no longer services spyders)
    So that is just here in the states can only imagine the pains in more remote regions. & just the pain of the proprietary systems onboard, BRP's default "Talk to dealer" answer for everything. figured there would be more improvements after the 10 year anniversary maybe that was just hoping for too much still love mine & gonna keep with it till at least 100k miles LORD-willing

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I'd certainly like to see service centers/service providers in place. I wouldn't take my F3 to my "local" (45 minutes away) dealer after the delivery experience they gave me. Looks like I'll be making a road trip to get my first service.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Might be a good idea.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sure agree with that, went to a dealer in Kissimmee FL, tons of 'other stuff' two Spyders parked outside, no one person around that knew very little, I wanted to see the RTL, he said, "I think there's one in the crate", what a waste.

Spyder Garage

And, I would venture to say, he is the best person in the state, if not the country, to maintain your Spyder. We need more repair options like this around the country - many dealers would be happy to have somebody else to do this work for them, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Bob,

You are so correct about the competition part. We have an independent BRP certified repair shop here in Southern California, but only because he was involved with the Spyder from the beginning. His work is the best, and people ryde for miles to go to him. As far as I know he is the only certified independent Spyder repairman/shop allowed. While he only does repairs, and does not sell Spyders. Several years ago he faced issues with the two dealers that had sold Spyders (one stopped selling them).
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.