Spyder Garage

Default Foam Grip Question

OK, so maybe I am picking nits here, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to make a direct comparison between two sources for foam grips for the Can-Am Spyders F3 series.

One is from Lamonster Garage (http://www.lamonstergarage.com/foam-grip-covers/). The blurb claims they are 50% thinner and don't feel so large in the hands compared to others. I don't have heated grips, so that is not relevant.

The other source is Spyderpops (http://spyderpops.com/foam-grips-for-all-spyders/). They actually do look a little thicker in the photos.

I have bought from both sources and each is top notch. I was wondering if one set of grips might be more comfortable in absorbing vibration or less comfortable do to a larger diameter.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Wayne

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got mine from spyderpops and feel they were a big improvement. Haven't purchased anything yet from Lamont but intend to in the future. His cat bypass looks top quality.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Got a pair of them free for shipping cost

I have a pair of foam grips I'll gladly give you to try, just pay shipping. I'd guess $5.00 to ship USPS. Took them off my F3s. They were comfortable but I felt they made the grips feel too large.

Just PM me if you're interested.
    Spyder Mods: 23"ultra touring windshield, SpyderAttitude Exhaust, BRP fog Lights, Can Am Wind Deflectors, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Pyle Amplifier w/wired remote, 4x6 Pioneer Speakers, Amber GlorRyders, Spyderpops Missing Air Dam, Joe Florida Amber Accent lighting, Misty Mountain Sheepskin Seat cushion, Custom Dynamics 4" Risers, Street Magic Highway Footrest Brackets,Spyder Footrests, Spyder Driver Footpegs, Spyder Brake Cover, Spyder Shifter Cover, Can Am Hard Bags

Spyder Garage

Default Got a pair of them free for shipping cost

I have a pair of foam grips I'll gladly &nbsp;give you to try, just pay shipping. I'd guess &nbsp;$5.00 to ship USPS. Took them off my F3s. They were comfortable but I felt they made the grips feel too large.&nbsp;<br><br>Just PM me if you're interested.&nbsp;<br><br>
    Spyder Mods: 23"ultra touring windshield, SpyderAttitude Exhaust, BRP fog Lights, Can Am Wind Deflectors, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Pyle Amplifier w/wired remote, 4x6 Pioneer Speakers, Amber GlorRyders, Spyderpops Missing Air Dam, Joe Florida Amber Accent lighting, Misty Mountain Sheepskin Seat cushion, Custom Dynamics 4" Risers, Street Magic Highway Footrest Brackets,Spyder Footrests, Spyder Driver Footpegs, Spyder Brake Cover, Spyder Shifter Cover, Can Am Hard Bags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Starrider View Post
    I have a pair of foam grips I'll gladly give you to try, just pay shipping. I'd guess $5.00 to ship USPS. Took them off my F3s. They were comfortable but I felt they made the grips feel too large.

Just PM me if you're interested.

I went with some cheapies from Cycle Gear for $6.99. They are so thick it feels like I am trying to hold onto the wrong end of a baseball bat. Lesson Learned. I am going to get the Lamonster "thinner" ones.

Spyder Garage

For the chump change compared to other farkles buy whatever you choose and use the ones that suit you best.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I think Lamonster and Spyderpops share a lot of the same items. I bet they are the same from either company.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Default Love 'em

Got mine from Spyderpops and love 'em. Have bought other items from Lamonster and all have been top notch too.
    3Wheel Bob

2015 F3S SE6

Spyder Garage

I bought Grip Buddies (a former SL sponsor) for both Spyders. I did not like them when using the heated grips on the 2014--to much heat loss. They worked fine on the 2011. I don't use mine anymore, Linda still uses hers. No vibration issues, just liked the softer feel on the grips.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Personally, I would never use FOAM grips.
    I use neoprene and would recommend that material over foam as being longer lasting and much more rugged.
    Again it comes down to whatever floats your boat!

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by wvedec View Post
    OK, so maybe I am picking nits here, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to make a direct comparison between two sources for foam grips for the Can-Am Spyders F3 series.

One is from Lamonster Garage (http://www.lamonstergarage.com/foam-grip-covers/). The blurb claims they are 50% thinner and don't feel so large in the hands compared to others. I don't have heated grips, so that is not relevant.

The other source is Spyderpops (http://spyderpops.com/foam-grips-for-all-spyders/). They actually do look a little thicker in the photos.

I have bought from both sources and each is top notch. I was wondering if one set of grips might be more comfortable in absorbing vibration or less comfortable do to a larger diameter.

Wayne

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wvedec View Post

Wayne
    ST not F3 Well got mine special THANKS to Cindy @TricLed at Spyderfest
    https://www.tricledusa.com/_p/prd1/4...for-all-spyder
    they are lil thick but fit fine even over my lid lox. Have not tested the heat grip (thankfully haven't needed) are quite comfortable I think, fyi my glove size: winter XL , summer L. I can "palm" a basketball if need be,(or full frame pistol dbl stack mag) & I'm hoping that they will fit my Yamaha Roadstar as well & will order some more.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I have grip puppies.
    I actually LIKE the larger grip, that's why I got them.
    They cut down the heat on the handgrips, but I still get enough heat through, so I'm OK with that.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I ordered mine from TricLED as well and liked them from the first Ryde on.

They were thinker without being too large, they absorbed the vibration, the added diameter reduced grip pressure and reduced stress on wrists due to slight carpal tunnel.

Regarding the heated grips I encountered no real reduction in heat at all. The only immediate negative was I noticed that you have to roll the wrist a little more for throttle, but it took no time to acclimate.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I have grip puppies.
    I actually LIKE the larger grip, that's why I got them.
    They cut down the heat on the handgrips, but I still get enough heat through, so I'm OK with that.
    What he said!
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

My choice. A little on the thicker side but great quality and will last forever.
    https://www.foxcreekleather.com/leather-throttle-grips/
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

I have leather grips, never realized how thin the grips were till put them on. very happy with mine.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    I have leather grips, never realized how thin the grips were till put them on. very happy with mine.
    I put leather grips on my cruiser. The ones with the streamer foo foos on them. No worry about heat loss, don't have that on the cruiser. Just a little extra bling and comfortable on the hands for the road rides.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red