Thread: Add ons

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Add ons

I am about to purchase a 2016 F3 limited and I wanted them to add some things : Passenger floorboards, top case with amp set kit to connect to radio, Passenger armrest, and driver back rest . Here are my questions.
    The top case removal on youtube is 5 minute long process they want to charge me 2.3 hours at $95 an hour to install this process in verse. Something is wrong with this picture. So I looked up armrest installation almost same deal , remove passenger handholds install the armrest using same holes. This they want to charge .8 of an hour at $95 an hour. Can an ordinary dummy like me do all this,or am I missing something ? Is everything on this list of mine not very difficult to install .
    They are calling it a limited it does have the nice chrome wheels. Thanks to anybody who responds in advance.

Spyder Garage

The install process for the F-3 trunk does take longer than removal as the wiring and amplifier stay on the bike. I'd have the dealer do the install as he also has to hook up to the BUDS, which I will assume you don't have access to. As for the armrests, do them yourself.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Also, if the dealer does the install you have better warranty coverage should something go wrong with it down the road.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Our 2016 F3L came with chrome wheels.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default add ons

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    The install process for the F-3 trunk does take longer than removal as the wiring and amplifier stay on the bike. I'd have the dealer do the install as he also has to hook up to the BUDS, which I will assume you don't have access to. As for the armrests, do them yourself.
    The time for the top case is 2.3 hours or 218.50 does that seem right to you ? I don't really know .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.philgood View Post
    The time for the top case is 2.3 hours or 218.50 does that seem right to you ? I don't really know .
    It can be done in less, maybe save a half hour, but this may be the mechanics first and only install, so there is a learning curve. The hourly rate in Phoenix is $120, so you're getting a much better deal.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R