Spyder Garage

Default Smelling exhaust fumes while riding?

I recently purchased a 2015 RT L with 500 miles on it. It was a private sale. When I got it back home, I took it to my dealer for an inspection. They said everything seemed good to them. So I have put on another 500 miles. However when riding I feel like I am smelling exhaust fumes. It doesn't seem to matter what speed, so I am assuming it is filtering in from the rear airflow dynamics somehow! Anyone ever had this experience and if so.....what is to be done? Also if no one has experienced this....I am interested in suggestions of what steps I should take to check it out further or resolve the issue! Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Stock exhaust? I would check to see if it was changed out to something more free flowing. Sometimes people do that and to avoid tripping an engine light they install a dummy O2 sensor to trick it too. Id be looking there first. If its all stock then it sounds like you have an exhaust leak somewhere and more than likely it's up front somewhere. You should not be smelling fumes at all.
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 08-11-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EXHAUST FUMES

Quote Originally Posted by mdrozell View Post
    I recently purchased a 2015 RT L with 500 miles on it. It was a private sale. When I got it back home, I took it to my dealer for an inspection. They said everything seemed good to them. So I have put on another 500 miles. However when riding I feel like I am smelling exhaust fumes. It doesn't seem to matter what speed, so I am assuming it is filtering in from the rear airflow dynamics somehow! Anyone ever had this experience and if so.....what is to be done? Also if no one has experienced this....I am interested in suggestions of what steps I should take to check it out further or resolve the issue! Thanks in advance.
    .... I have a 2014 RT and even in the garage with the door closed I don't smell any FUMES ......even after 5 minutes ............ Mike

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Are you sure it is exhaudt you're smelling? With so few miles on it I wonder if you're not smelling the protective stuff burning off it.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622