Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default refused to sell me a tire....

Quote Originally Posted by heyharris1 View Post
    Hello,

So for new tires then do you take the rim off yourself and take it in or bring the whole bike in. I figure when you pull in with a spyder wont they see it and not put it on anyways?

Jim
    Well, most of us take the rims and new tires we've ordered on line and had delivered to our homes. Another work around when ordering the tires is to tell them it's replacement for a Morgan Kit Car; has consistently worked for me for two fronts and four rear tires @ Discount on line and with the shops when I take them in to have them mounted.

Balancing is HIGHLY overrated... haven't balanced any of these tires and still have a nice smooth ride.

Kind of difficult to "hide" a Spyder on jack stands in the parking lot while you get new tires mounted...just saying!!!

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default front tires

had a bounce in the front end , at 40 too 43 m.p.h. smooth up too , and after the 40 +43 mile range , but bounce like a tennis ball at that spot , took the front tires too the mentioned dealer , they said if the rims fit the machine no problem , took about 30 minutes too work them in , one tire was right on with wheel weights , the other had been missing 2 { not sure what weight } they balanced them for free . rides like a champ , charm , spyder ...

Spyder Garage

Default Found a Solution yet, no 2817?

Well there you go, no 2817.........what a mine of information on this thread on how to source and get aftermarket tyres on your Spyder. If you can't find a solution here, you aren't trying

Definitely the most helpful bunch of owners that I have ever found.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red