Oldie but goodie...

2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder, Suzuki, HD, Triumph, Husky

I Love my Spyder; Love my DL1000 Suzuki; Love my 08 Road King and 00 FXR4; Love my 70 Tr6R Triumph; Love my 350 Husky - love the wind, love the freedom, love it all! There are "bad mouthed" folks in every group.....do what you love - love what you do!! ENJOY your Spyder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Considering a Spyder View Post
    Before i got my Spyder i tried to read as much as i could about it on forums and watch as many videos on Youtube as i could and from what i understood ppl who owned a Spyder defended it and some ppl who didnt have one thought it was kind of silly. I really liked it from the beginning and driving one just confirmed what i thought about it, sure it wasnt a sportsbike but then again i never expected it to be.
    One thing that i was thinking about a bit was if ppl were gonna hate me for owning one, I know you get a Spyder for yourself but its not so fun if ppl everywhere are rude to you because of it.

Now when i own a Spyder i was positivly surpriced that i dont have to defend my choice at all.. It seems everyone i talk to has a positive attitude, i havent experienced ppl being rude in anyway toward me.

Maybe the negativety i have heard about is just a internet phenomena.

Im curious about what sort of experinence other Spyder users have on this topic.

I appologize for my poor english, its not my first language.
    Spyders have haters. My definition of a 'Hater' is a person who, without any reasonable argument or understanding, is vocally negative about something. My mild mannered brother (who I dearly love and with whom I have a great relationship), though not a hater by my definition because he doesn't go around bashing the Spyder, was visibly upset with me when I purchased my Spyder. His reaction was a big surprise to me. Though he did soften his opinion a bit after an hour or so of running the twisties with him on his Yamaha FJR.

For some people. The less they know about something, the more sure they are that they are right.

You may run into a hater some day. But you always have to remember. Their attitude has darkened their life. Don't let it darken yours.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

These are the ones that I like to have a bit of a discussion with:

Poseur.jpg
    I usually start, by asking them what they ride.
    Invariably; their Wife (or Mom) won't let them get a Harley...
    My response:
    "That's what I thought."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Ive learned that they wont usually say bad thins to your face. In your face they always say nice things lol. People who dont know we have one mention how its not a real bike and its for people who are afraid of real bikes. When we registered ours the woman at the dmv thougt i worked for the dealer and felt free to say what she really thought. Said no matter what the Spyders arent real bikes and never will be.
    Oh and the wave thing? HD people are the only ones who dont wave. Ever. Everyone else waves and is pleasant. So full of themselves, makes me laugh. Its always been this way here. If they only knew what people really think when they ride by with their "i need attention and need to belong to a group" vests on. What a laugh that is.
    Last edited by Slowpoke387; 08-11-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE ONLY ONES WHO DON'T WAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Ive learned that they wont usually say bad thins to your face. In your face they always say nice things lol. People who dont know we have one mention how its not a real bike and its for people who are afraid of real bikes. When we registered ours the woman at the dmv thougt i worked for the dealer and felt free to say what she really thought. Said no matter what the Spyders arent real bikes and never will be.
    Oh and the wave thing? HD people are the only ones who dont wave. Ever. Everyone else waves and is pleasant. So full of themselves, makes me laugh. Its always been this way here. If they only knew what people really think when they ride by with their "i need attention and need to belong to a group" vests on. What a laugh that is.
    Wellllll , I will agree that ( at least in the east ) HD riders don't for the most Wave - However they are 100 % more likely than any BMW rider I have ever encountered... I think the gloves they all wear are GLUED on ( to the grips )and they just slip their hands inside them .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Wellllll , I will agree that ( at least in the east ) HD riders don't for the most Wave - However they are 100 % more likely than any BMW rider I have ever encountered... I think the gloves they all wear are GLUED on ( to the grips )and they just slip their hands inside them .... Mike

On a good riding weekend in Alabama, my arm gets tired from all the waves I get....from all other riders; HD riders included. The HD trikes have probably increased the acceptance level in that crowd. The only ones that don't wave are usually the really young ones not wearing ANY gear except a shortie helmet....tank tops and sometimes even shorts . Those folks I don't think about much no matter what I'm riding.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wave to every biker that I see...
    And I don't care if they wave back!

Smoke68

Default Peoples Reaction

I rode HD's for 52 years and enjoyed every mile.
    A year ago I bought my first Spyder, A 2016 F3 Limited, and have not regretted that
    decision.

My advice to you is: It's not WHAT you ride - It's THAT you ride that matters.
    Get out there in the wind on something.
    If it's a Spyder you will have chosen wisely grasshopper.

Smoke68

Spyder Garage

Default Ryde and Enjoy

We bought our first Spyder on Valentine's Day this year, 2017 F3 Limited. I see some car commercials where everyone stops in their tracks and stare at the featured car or SUV. An SUV is an SUV is an SUV. A sedan is a sedan is a sedan. But when I ride my Spyder, the looks I see in commercials are the looks my Spyder gets. Ryde because of how it makes you feel.
    2017 F3 Limited, Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'm from the St. Louis area and it depends on who waves. Sport bikers, Harley's, mopeds, will wave. Mostly though everyone does. When I go over to Illinois to ride the River Road, that's a different story. Most people in Illinois without a helmet don't wave. To busy profiling that Harley look.

Last weekend on my ride back home we took a ferry across the Mississippi and there where several (5) weekend warrior Harley riders. Not a one said hello or even acknowledged me and the wife.

Myself, I think if you can't wave you're wound to tight and not watching out for the cagers.

Spyder Garage

99.9% positive comments here. The .1% was a thumbs down as I passed a Harley rider traveling in the opposite direction a few months ago. Not sure what that was all about considering this guy was on a rusty old rat bike, and wearing what looked like old aviator head gear with goggles. Whatever.

I have the only F3 on the island and just when folks here were getting used to seeing me, I added the Bobber kit and now I'm back to square one with all the questions, rubber necking and picture taking.

20664115_1726414120720763_6615002961344250471_n.jpg
    Just another crappy day in Paradise....Aloha!

Spyder Garage

Default I'm from Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by DonFG View Post
    I'm from the St. Louis area and it depends on who waves. Sport bikers, Harley's, mopeds, will wave. Mostly though everyone does. When I go over to Illinois to ride the River Road, that's a different story. Most people in Illinois without a helmet don't wave. To busy profiling that Harley look.

Last weekend on my ride back home we took a ferry across the Mississippi and there where several (5) weekend warrior Harley riders. Not a one said hello or even acknowledged me and the wife.

Myself, I think if you can't wave you're wound to tight and not watching out for the cagers.

I'm from Illinois and I have rarely had another cyclist refuse to wave back. Most wave first. Just because someone doesn't wave to you, doesn't mean they are from the state you are in at the time. Perhaps they were just traveling through. No offense taken, but perhaps you should rethink judging people based on some superficial impression.

Spyder Garage

I cop sh1t ALL the time.......from my "friends"....."how often do you have to change the cutting blades", "your little orange flag has fallen off the back", "how many paddocks can you slash in an hour", etc etc etc.......just part of having good mates . The Harley riders are the worst, as payback for all the insults over the years regarding "not being able to leave till the support truck arrives". However, I can now use the line - "I'll lead, because it's so hard to avoid falling Harley parts when you have two front wheels."

As far as strangers making negative comments? I'm sure it happens but I haven't heard it, and if I did I'd just ignore it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm happy with what I've got

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aHermit View Post
    I'm from Illinois and I have rarely had another cyclist refuse to wave back. Most wave first. Just because someone doesn't wave to you, doesn't mean they are from the state you are in at the time. Perhaps they were just traveling through. No offense taken, but perhaps you should rethink judging people based on some superficial impression.
    Yeah, Hermit. These comments about people not waving back always amuse me. I wave, lift my hand or nod my head, depending on what's happening at the time, and get on with concentrating on what I am doing. I couldn't care less if they wave back or not, because it's their call, and who's to say they how they have gone about it?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I Never Wave- Unless its a Spyder! I NOD my head to those that wave in recognition of the wave without taking a hand off the wheel? Sport bike riders wave Much MORE than Harley Riders Because they would feel at home on a Spyder!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got over this rubbish years ago.

When I had a Honda, Ducati riders would ignore me. When I had a Ducati ... When I had a Kawasaki ... Sometimes they'd be ok until they noticed husband on the "wrong" brand ...

Always good for a chuckle... No angst here.

I have had more people rushing over to say 'what is that?' and 'where can I get one?' for the spyder than any other bike.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can it be..

Reading the posts here i have noticed that ppl here have had quite different experience when it comes to other ppls reaction toward them.
    Maybe (and this is just a thought) how one sees other ppl is a reflection of yourself.
    Maybe its as simple as if you are negative or defensive you start to focus on the haters and if you are positive you focus on other things so you dont really notice the haters...
    I dont know, im no expert.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that you're right: look to the person who feels offended, and see what their assumptions are first!

Me??? I just couldn't care less about crap like this!
    It makes my life SO much simpler!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    The only sh*t I get is from Harley riders but they are rude to everyone.
    I'm waiting for the first one to make a comment...when that happens, I'll ask them if they'd like to buy my Harley.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aHermit View Post
    I was born in Peoria Illinois and I come from a biker family and still have most relatives living around Canton and Peoria. I have been driving between the 2 states for over 50 years. Not judging anyone, just my observation.

Spyder Garage

Default Still two wheeling but....

I'm still riding on two wheels and my 2015 Indian Chieftain is the nicest motorcycle I've ever owned, but both of my knees and left hip as well as my lower back are starting to act up badly enough to have me considering going to three wheels on my next ride. MY wife has a total knee replacement that won't bend enough and she has a terrible time getting on and off my Indian in spite of it's low seat height. I have demoed trikes over the last several years including two Gold Wings a Harley and three Can Ams. It is very clear to me that the last of those Can Ams was the winner and it was an F3S. Now that there is a full dresser F3 Limited I would no doubt be going that route when the time comes. I'll miss the Indian as it's a beauty but my body is starting to tell me the time is getting near to make the change. If anyone gives you crap about your Spyder you don't need to listen. Just go and enjoy your "Ryde".

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SpyDerSts;1289601]I let'em talk crap...until they wanna see what I got.then I tell'em you'll see me disappear in front of you on the super curvies.You had better be a bad azz racing road course kinda biker because I've got a better chance of leaving your 2 wheeler behind me by miles...that usually ruffles their feathers and then when he/she gets to where I'm sitting and waiting for them at the end of the Curvies, they wanna look my F3S all over and the awe and ooh ahhs and holy craps,and wtf,.....then I continue smiling as I did from the beginning of this (race) and then let'em see how it can lay quite a bit of rubber down just rubbing it in!SEE YA.

Well yesterday 8-12-17 was really funny to an extent and yet sad also. But the good part is no-one got injured except their pride. These 2 fellas decided they were gonna try to beat me in the curvies on route 78 in Ohio and they uh,well, umm went off the road on one of those curves trying to keep up with me. I told them before hand don't try to keep up with me because it prolly won't end well....well they definately found out
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Spyder Garage

It's definitely been a conversation starter! People stop to ask questions, I get lots of thumbs ups from people, and waves from other bikers!

Spyder Garage

Default Bike Week Laconia NH

Only had one "encounter" with bikers, and that was during bike week in June. The guys came over and said WOW, that thing looks like a wild ride. Check this out..... Brembo brakes, belt drive.... How many cyl's & CC's? I told them 1330 triple and 0-60 in about 4 seconds.... "Bought it because I didn't want a bike this time around." (And that I enjoy riding snowmobiles & this is the best handling one I've ever been on, especially on the street. And also that my last ride was a 1100 GSXR.)

Their response was: COOL.... I have no problems with that machine you're riding. Looks like lots of fun!"
    (Didn't hurt that it is the Daytona 500 which definitely "has the look.")

As for it's overall performance: On the straights/top end and twisties, this machine doesn't have a chance against the way I used to ride on a sport bike. But around town and on "normal streets" with intersections and sharp turns the Spyder has it all over a 2-wheeled vehicle.

Best part of riding a Spyder IMO is you don't have to tear up streets risking loosing your license/getting in trouble and getting tickets to feel like a "Hooligan!" On a Spyder, you always feel like a Hooligan even when you're only doing "5 over."
    Last edited by TRLBLZR1; 08-16-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    🏁🏁 "Live Free Or Die" 🏁🏁