Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Other peoples reaction

Before i got my Spyder i tried to read as much as i could about it on forums and watch as many videos on Youtube as i could and from what i understood ppl who owned a Spyder defended it and some ppl who didnt have one thought it was kind of silly. I really liked it from the beginning and driving one just confirmed what i thought about it, sure it wasnt a sportsbike but then again i never expected it to be.
    One thing that i was thinking about a bit was if ppl were gonna hate me for owning one, I know you get a Spyder for yourself but its not so fun if ppl everywhere are rude to you because of it.

Now when i own a Spyder i was positivly surpriced that i dont have to defend my choice at all.. It seems everyone i talk to has a positive attitude, i havent experienced ppl being rude in anyway toward me.

Maybe the negativety i have heard about is just a internet phenomena.

Im curious about what sort of experinence other Spyder users have on this topic.

I appologize for my poor english, its not my first language.

Spyder Garage

The subject has come up a few times. First and foremost, don't let other people influence what you want. What do "they" know?

I was the first sold to an Alaska customer back in 08. The magazines and ratings were full of misinformation. Clearly written by those who did not have a clue.

My local reaction for the first couple years, (in 09 I bought another for the spouse), we had customized twin 's. Wherever we went, a group would form around us asking questions, and usually making wow type of comments. It felt good to be a rock star.

Now, we don't get as many groupies as before, but they are still out there. The product seems to have a bit more credibility than before. I have only received two bad comments in all the years. One was how it looked like a snowmobile on wheels--well...it did.

Enjoy your regardless of what "they" say.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The only sh*t I get is from Harley riders but they are rude to everyone.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Almost Universal Waves from all other riders! Oh, and I don't care what others think!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

New Orleans Westbank - Belle Chasse, La 70037
    Spyder Garage

Default I love the responce

Everywhere I go ppl look and when I stop ppl ask and say good things. Of course I love that and all but I'm really amazed at how many ppl have not seen these bikes before except on tv commercials or somewhere they don't usually go. In my part of the world, New Orleans westbank, there aren't any (or very few) that I see even driving around in the car. So, I guess down south here they are quite a novelty.

Spyder Garage

I only get positivity, usually alaong the lines of 'what the f#cks that?' but in a nice way.

Closest I'll ever get to being a celebrity having one of these.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Considering a Spyder View Post
    Before i got my Spyder i tried to read as much as i could about it on forums and watch as many videos on Youtube as i could and from what i understood ppl who owned a Spyder defended it and some ppl who didnt have one thought it was kind of silly. I really liked it from the beginning and driving one just confirmed what i thought about it, sure it wasnt a sportsbike but then again i never expected it to be.
    One thing that i was thinking about a bit was if ppl were gonna hate me for owning one, I know you get a Spyder for yourself but its not so fun if ppl everywhere are rude to you because of it. Now when i own a Spyder i was positivly surpriced that i dont have to defend my choice at all.. It seems everyone i talk to has a positive attitude, i havent experienced ppl being rude in anyway toward me. Maybe the negativety i have heard about is just a internet phenomena. Im curious about what sort of experinence other Spyder users have on this topic. I appologize for my poor english, its not my first language.
    That's okay. I don't think English is the first language of many people here, from what I've seen

I think it depends on what kind of people you hang out with. If it's a hard-core biker crowd that's one thing. But, the general public - even the non-riding public - is very receptive and curious and smiling everywhere I go. Particularly if you are friendly, waving at them, stopping to talk to them about it when they show interest. I never got that reaction on my 2-wheeler.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Every once in a while; you'll get a reaction like this:

Just tell them that the Mother-Ship is in high-orbit, and they're going to start evacuating the Planet...

But first: they've got to drop off Elvis!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default your from sweden !

apologies if you are female , but if you are male in Sweden you have 1 of these on back NO WONDER YOU GET COMPLIMENTS { if you are a lady here you go a photo of the Swedish guys ................ looking ....... mmmmm still looking o k ay I am a guy that would be so wrong } but really glad you are having a great time on the cycle , and hope many more years ahead also ...

Spyder Garage

Default Harleys

Some of the nicest folks I know ride Harleys. They have accepted me and what I choose to ride and we ride together almost every weekend.
    And they invite me to bike night at the HD dealer every month.
    I guess it is the same wind.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase

Spyder Garage

Cool Crap Talkers,Spyder Doubters,Uninformed

I let'em talk crap...until they wanna see what I got.then I tell'em you'll see me disappear in front of you on the super curvies.You had better be a bad azz racing road course kinda biker because I've got a better chance of leaving your 2 wheeler behind me by miles...that usually ruffles their feathers and then when he/she gets to where I'm sitting and waiting for them at the end of the Curvies, they wanna look my F3S all over and the awe and ooh ahhs and holy craps,and wtf,.....then I continue smiling as I did from the beginning of this (race) and then let'em see how it can lay quite a bit of rubber down just rubbing it in!SEE YA.

Well yesterday 8-12-17 was really funny to an extent and yet sad also. But the good part is no-one got injured except their pride. These 2 fellas decided they were gonna try to beat me in the curvies on route 78 in Ohio and they uh,well, umm went off the road on one of those curves trying to keep up with me. I told them before hand don't try to keep up with me because it prolly won't end well....well they definately found out the hard way with bruised egos. I actually turned around after I saw that I had gotten so far ahead and hadn't seen them on the rises in the background.so I wound up helping them back on the road. Nuff Sed
    Last edited by SpyDerSts; 08-13-2017 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Added text
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Spyder Garage

Default ENGLISH

your English is just fine....
    Welcome to the party...
    Dan P
    USA
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THIS PICTURE

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    apologies if you are female , but if you are male in Sweden you have 1 of these on back NO WONDER YOU GET COMPLIMENTS { if you are a lady here you go a photo of the Swedish guys ................ looking ....... mmmmm still looking o k ay I am a guy that would be so wrong } but really glad you are having a great time on the cycle , and hope many more years ahead also ...
    ​And where exactly did you get a picture of MY WIFE ......sorry I couldn't resist ..................Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    The only sh*t I get is from Harley riders but they are rude to everyone.
    YEP THE GUYS WITH BIG MOUTHS AND LITTLE DICKS (WHOOPS)

Spyder Garage

Default Once upon a time...

It was that way in the begining. Many thought it would not last and, as mentioned, had never ryden one nor knew about them. 10 years and they are still here and every other trying to come up with their version. I never take the bait, don't defend or justify I just ryde and answer the honest questions. Then hop on and say...now try to keep up....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Where I live the attitude seems to be "If it aint a Harley it aint ****". I don't even bother to wave anymore.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

it's usually the weekend bad asses who think they are above everyone else. I could care less what anyone thinks about my trike. I ride for my enjoyment, not theirs.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Harley riders

I have seen both here and on other forums that some ppl get Sh*t from Harley riders. Maybe it is that way in some places, i dont know. I havenever had any problems with Harley ridiers i think most of them are nice andit seems at least over here most Harley riders only have problem with asian bikes especially sportsbikes, i have heard them talk alot of crap about them. When it comes to the Spyder it seems like soe of them are curious and just want to know what it is or they dont care at all.
    But i can imagine that some weekend warriors might have a problem, but then again that is the case with wekend warriors everywhere and i think that is more because weekend warriors belive that if they only get "the right gear" they buy into a lifestyle, so they care very much about what is the cool thing to have. I think most real bikers dont care that much because they are bikers because they like to ride their bike and enjoy the experience so they dont care that much about what is the "right thing" to have.

And when it comes to letting others influence my decision of buying a Spyder, i bought my spyder because i liked it so i didnt really care what other ppl thought about it. But ofcourse when i read some other ppls experience i got the impression that i should have to prepare for ppl being rude to me because i own a spyder and im glad that i havent had that experience at all.

Spyder Garage

I've being riding with "custom/cruiser" riders during 12 years and when I had to change my Honda VTX 1300 because my shoulder's problems everyone did jokes about Spyder but everybody understood the motive.
    In fact, many of them, with a certain age, confess that if they want to continue on the motorcycle's world very probably will buy a Spyder sooner than later.
    Here, in Spain, when bikers see to you don't know if to greet to you or not cause they stay in shock trying to discover "the thing" you are riding.

Spyder is "rara avis" over here yet.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default rara avis

The Spyder is a rare bird here in Sweden to.

At least over here it have become harder and harder to get a motorcycle licence and since you pay by the hour harder usually means more expensive so i think many ppl over here who are thinking about buying a motorcycle buy a quad instead just because you can drive a quad/atv on a ordinary car license. I have owned 2 atvs before i bought this one and i think many who buy Spyders here in Sweden are ppl who used to own quads/atvs.
    Since the rules regarding a motorcycle licence have changed over the years many of the older bikers got their bike licence along with their car license i think many of the older bikers wouldent have got a bike license with todays rules so i think many welcome a alternative to a atv because even if a atv is fun and it is posible to drive fast with them you dont really want to drive them for a long distance on the highway. So i think a Spyder is the closest thing you can get to a motorcycle without actually having to get a motorcycle licence here.

Spyder Garage

Default plenty of waves

On my Two wheeler (Valkyrie) never got a nod. On both of my Spyder's (2008 premier GS and now the F3-T) I get big approving grins, thumbs up, little kids running to the curb pointing. The Spyder has always gotten lots of recognition. I don't have to look at the license plate to tell my bike from all the rest at bike night. (it's amazing how many drank the cool aid)

Enjoy yourself and enjoy being the lone wolf and not part of a pack.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Most ppl like it , the ones that have said something negative were not even ryders. Most all other riders wave, the ones I find that wave the least are the guys with the crotch rockets but maybe they are just trying to hold on. I have had a few Harley guys ask a lot of question and comment that they are interested in switching. All and all it has been a good experience and a lot of fun. So enjoy your ryde and.
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My Favorite Experience

I was ryding home from vacation the year that I got my Spyder and had stopped for some water. When I returned to my ryde, there were two gentlemen standing near it gawking. As I approached, I could hear their accents and realized that they were not from the US. When I got to the bike, the questions started and they were primarily about the Rotax engine. The older gentleman said that he had never seen a Spyder before (he and his son were visiting from South Africa) but they had heard about the engine being used in aircraft (?). We talked about the Spyder for at least 15 minutes and as they walked away I could hear the father saying to his son that he wanted the son to get him a Spyder. Made my day!
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Default 9 out 10 people never seen a Spyder before.

Most people like it, a few people act like "buy a big boys bike."

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbum View Post
    Where I live the attitude seems to be "If it aint a Harley it aint ****". I don't even bother to wave anymore.
    Who cares what they think....but if you don't wave they will have even more to try nd criticize. In California I can say that Harley Riders almost always wave!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.