Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Leftover new 2016 F3T?

Has anybody picked up a leftover 2016 lately? I found one near me and it's a white F3-T with audio. CanAm is having a special 0% for 60 months right now. Their "selling" price is $21,989 + prep shipping tax tags and blah blah blah. What do you guys/gals think? I'm ready to ryde but still searching for that "one" deal that might be out there and I know the 2018's are right around the corner.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NCSpyderGurl View Post
    Has anybody picked up a leftover 2016 lately? I found one near me and it's a white F3-T with audio. CanAm is having a special 0% for 60 months right now. Their "selling" price is $21,989 + prep shipping tax tags and blah blah blah. What do you guys/gals think? I'm ready to ryde but still searching for that "one" deal that might be out there and I know the 2018's are right around the corner.

That sounds good good to me, here they want about $24k.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

The 0% financing is a great deal and I am not aware of any substantial new or different features between the 16, 17, or even 18 years in that model. The price seems reasonable to me for a 'new' Spyder but they may be more room for negotiation. If not, I would ask them to include any U-fit changes that you need such as shorter or longer linkages and handlebars at deale cost.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    The 0% financing is a great deal and I am not aware of any substantial new or different features between the 16, 17, or even 18 years in that model. The price seems reasonable to me for a 'new' Spyder but they may be more room for negotiation. If not, I would ask them to include any U-fit changes that you need such as shorter or longer linkages and handlebars at deale cost.

The DPS was improved in 17. Len at Pitbull calls it brushless power steering and says it requires much less draw on the battery at startup.

As for that price I'd look on Craigslist, nationwide, and see if you can't find something better. Maybe your local dealer would be able to match it for you.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would check Ebay. There are better deals out there. Imotorsports had leftovers for $20,499 delivered. The only thing left to pay is the NC tax. I bought mine from them in April. The only difference that I have seen in the F3T is that the seats have red stitching on the 2016, but the 2017 doesn't have the red stitching in the seat. Other than that, they are practically the same.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    The DPS was improved in 17. Len at Pitbull calls it brushless power steering and says it requires much less draw on the battery at startup.

As for that price I'd look on Craigslist, nationwide, and see if you can't find something better. Maybe your local dealer would be able to match it for you.
    Having spent the last several weeks leading BRP demo rydes I can tell you that the DPS has become lighter, not too sure better. Also on the 17 F3 L I can tell you that the performance has changed a lot. They now have a much smaller rear sprocket which has taken a lot of the fun out of the ryde!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would take the 3k off the price instead of the 0% financing and find your own financing. I was lucky I got 2k off with 34 month 0% interest for a 2017 F3T. Looks like that deal has expired.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 08-09-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Some dealers like to quote a "lower" price and then the add-ons happen (+ prep shipping tax tags and blah blah blah.). I look at these as negotiation points. Have never paid prep or shipping. I do pay the small doc fee and tags. The dealer has to win "something."

0% is good for the financing set up.

Good luck with your purchase.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds good!

I just got a 2016 RTS, and the F3 was $23K, so looks like a great deal, as long as the prep and blah blah doesn't put another $1000 on it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On Pricing, Not to bust your bubble but I just picked up a new 2017 F3T with audio for 21,099 the next closest deal was iMotorsports and they ship to you for free. I don't think they have any 2016 left but it sounds like they are selling their 2017 for what you will be paying for your 2016. Anyway that is what I found in researching F3T pricing. I am sure there are even better deals out there then what I found.
    Last edited by Tazzel; 08-09-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Spyder Garage

That price is high. It definitely can come down in price.

Shop slow until you land the right one and then pull the trigger and jump fully into the deal.
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

FWIW - I bought the exact same model (SE6), but without audio, about 6 weeks ago and paid just under $21K out the door. Good luck with your purchase.

Spyder Garage

For comparison's sake, we picked up a leftover '16 F3L, not the T, back in April for $22,500. A hair above yours but that was in April and its the L. We had found T's even then for $18,900-$20,900.
    Id say shop a bit more or beat em down a bit considering we are in August now.

Spyder Garage

I would wait a little longer, you could buy that machine cheaper than that last fall at select dealers . Can Am usually starts their discounting on leftover machines just before the new models are released.

Spyder Garage

I have the same bike , got it 1 year ago. I paid several $1000 less brand new still in crate. Im sure they have room to come down now that 18's are going to be hitting the floors

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I have the same bike , got it 1 year ago. I paid several $1000 less brand new still in crate. Im sure they have room to come down now that 18's are going to be hitting the floors
    HAND'S UP:
    The only sure way of getting rid of bad habits is to create good ones.
    AND, by the way, this will not happen on auto pilot.

It's time for a YOU-turn!!!

Spyder Garage

Soooo when I talked about finalizing the deal they suddenly said oh btw it's either or 😏Either I take the discount OR it goes back up to 24,999 and 0%. Uh no thank you and my shopping continues. I bet the deal will get sweeter with time. I think I will finish out the season on my Harley and add to my fleet as cold weather and new models roll in.

Spyder Garage

I picked up a 2016 F3 T with audio $22,500 OTD plus tax 2 weeks ago. BRP has a $3500 discount plus 0% for 60 months.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Having spent the last several weeks leading BRP demo rydes I can tell you that the DPS has become lighter, not too sure better. Also on the 17 F3 L I can tell you that the performance has changed a lot. They now have a much smaller rear sprocket which has taken a lot of the fun out of the ryde!
    Do ALL 17 F3 models have the smaller sprocket? I understood the base Model with the reduced Horse Power received the smaller Sprocket to help the acceleration?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Do ALL 17 F3 models have the smaller sprocket? I understood the base Model with the reduced Horse Power received the smaller Sprocket to help the acceleration?
    That is what I understood as well, only the base model. I have owned the 2015 F3S and now the 2017 F3T and the power is the same but the 2017 F3T transmissions seems slightly more refined.

Spyder Garage

Soooo when I talked about finalizing the deal they suddenly said oh btw it's either or ��Either I take the discount OR it goes back up to 24,999 and 0%. Uh no thank you and my shopping continues. I bet the deal will get sweeter with time. I think I will finish out the season on my Harley and add to my fleet as cold weather and new models roll in.
    It sounds like the right decision. Some dealers just don't get it. There are a lot of things to play with when it comes to the OTD price. Dealers hope for customers not in the know. You are not one of them.

Right now--it is a buyers market for sure.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-11-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My advice (For what it's worth!):

Buy The Motorcycle.jpg

What are you waiting for?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post

The 2017 F3 Limited also has the smaller rear sprocket. Higher gearing - same as the RT.
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    The 2017 F3 Limited also has the smaller rear sprocket. Higher gearing - same as the RT.
    That is correct - of the 2017 F3s, ONLY the F3 Limited has the smaller 79tooth sprocket - same as the RT models.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    That is correct. Seems to me to have taken a bit of the "fun" out of the ryde!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.