Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT Limited, Heat coming up the front of the seat

The other day the wife and I went for a ride, it was 104 outside when this happen, after riding for about 30 minutes the heat started coming up at the front of my seat getting really hot on the inner thighs...........any suggestions.......

Spyder Garage

Get used to it. Always gets hot "down there". Along with the hot riding conditions, probably hotter than usual.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tmarsanto View Post
    The other day the wife and I went for a ride, it was 104 outside when this happen, after riding for about 30 minutes the heat started coming up at the front of my seat getting really hot on the inner thighs...........any suggestions.......
    There has been discussion on other threads about installing the 2013 air scoop kit provided by BRP as a fix to the overheating problem in those earlier years to the later models to help relieve the heat in the cockpit area. I have a 2014 RTL and purchased the kit on the advice of this forum but haven't installed it yet so can't tell you how well it works.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...715-Air-Scoops
    Last edited by UtahPete; 08-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Your Spyder is trying to tell you that it is too hot to be riding.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tmarsanto View Post
    I installed the 2013 air vents on my 2015 RTS works good lowering the Temperature on my seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it's 104 outside : what do you expect?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Install the scoops as mentioned above.... I have a 2012 RT and my friend has a 2014 RT. I installed scoops on both bikes and the heat is gone.........................20170526_121406.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    There has been discussion on other threads about installing the 2013 air scoop kit provided by BRP as a fix to the overheating problem in those earlier years to the later models to help relieve the heat in the cockpit area. I have a 2014 RTL and purchased the kit on the advice of this forum but haven't installed it yet so can't tell you how well it works.

Another vote for scoops. Hot air no longer coming from the glove box, and the engine on my 2010 even runs cooler.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Your Spyder is trying to tell you that it is too hot to be riding.

haha...........probably so

Spyder Garage

Just be careful when riding in that type of heat. It can sneak up on you; speaking from experience. If you do, take plenty of breaks and TONS of water and electrolytes. Ride happy but ride safe...
    Regards,
    BitSlayer

2015 Spyder RT Limited - Perl White
    - Having fun with my knees in the breeze

Spyder Garage

Will check it out......thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BitSlayer View Post
    Just be careful when riding in that type of heat. It can sneak up on you; speaking from experience. If you do, take plenty of breaks and TONS of water and electrolytes. Ride happy but ride safe...
    Thanks for the info...........

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 RTL that has had the Heat Recall done, I can carry a chocolate bar in my glove box (White bike) and not have them melt into a puddle. I also did some other mods that were recommended for 2013's, but I think the '14 and later reverse radiator flow takes care of that.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default Yes.. This!

I installed on my 2016 RTS and far more comfy now. Comes with heat liners for the tupperware. Glove box doesn't try to melt my phone anymore too! Taking out those big side supports and replacing with bars allows tons more air through under the seat!!

It is scary as heck to install, as you have to drill holes with no template, just guessing. But they get covered up. As you will see in the thread, the plastic used is NOT all that great - I used plasti-dip, like 10-15 heavy coats, 1/2hr in between. Holding up wonderful.

Steve

Spyder Garage

I just removed the lower (OEM) wind wings. This allows for more air flow over my knee area. When cool weather returns, the wings go back on.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

I put the vents on my 2011 RT and it really helped with the heat.
    I have the adjustable lower air deflectors which helps.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default Air Scoop Kit

I installed mine a while back and it is a diffident improvement. Well worth the cost and the work to install it.

Spyder Garage

For all of you that gave a negative review of the 2013 rt. Suffer! It is the cooles bike out there withe recall done!
    I would definitely recommend the scoops for all ! You won't believe the difference!

Spyder Garage

We cut an old windshield Sun shield to fit under the seat. Keeps the engine heat off the seat. Much cooler

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you ever replace your seat, get a tallbox or other extra length seat. Being and inch or 2 back from the heat has kept my chestnuts from roasting on the open fire.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default PUT THEM ON

my wifes and she loves them not that big a deal to install if you have a good dealer tape up your panels where cut and holes go they have a template c if they will mark cut for you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am feeling this same thing on my 2017 F3T Heat coming up from the engine to the seat area and on my right leg from the thigh to the ankle. Did not feel this on my F3S. Does not even have to be that hot out. Anything from 85 degrees and up I start to feel it after about 10 min.