Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Eh anything over 80 just doesnt feel right anyway on this triple. Makes the bike buzzy and feels like its screaming too high in the R's for me to ride it there for long. Not exactly a relaxed ride when its screaming the whole time. Def has nut though, it's willing if you are for sure.

Spyder Garage

I've heard the RS can hit 120 or so, as others here have attested to.
    I've had my RT up to about 105, and it just doesn't seem to go any faster. Whether it's a BRP governor, or just physics, I don't know.
    After all, the RT has that big barn door on the front of it.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I found out why the Spyder Speedo goes to 200! It's not 200 mph, it is to account for 200KPH. When you convert the units on the dashboard to Kilometers you can run at 120 KPH, and as mentioned here 200kph is possible!
    Yup! See post #3 above. I did drive 120 in Canada once. KPH of course.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Bob View Post
    You have cleared up something that has been bugging me since the day I picked up my F3S and that is the speedo that has 200 on it. I hadn't even thought about the fact that one can toggle from MPH to KPH and that you need that scale if you are travelling at a high rate in KPH. Thanks for the insights.
    It's also good for a fun game with a passenger aboard. Toggle over to KPH and take them for a ride at 70 mph or so. The speedo will read over 100.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Just last month I had mine up to 106 and that was while I was pulling my 622 trailer. At the same time, Cruzr Joe passed me while he was pulling his freedom trailer.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I saw 109 mph with my 2014 (on the speedometer...)
    It might have been more like 105 mph...
    My 2010 would top out at 101 mph...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default 30,000 lines of code for restrictions

Given all the testing required and needing an ARF gauge to see what's really happening, it's difficult for me to understand how or what you really have in your flash. There is over 60 interconnected speed/ rev restrictions so I'm not surprised you still have your speed restrictions. Just how does your flash compare to my posted results? My RT is laying down 50" of rubber and getting to 90 mph in under 9 seconds? Just what do you feel is better and where in the rpm range is this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderman33 View Post
    Good break down, I'm convinced everything mentioned above is an accurate assessment as even my 2015 RSS has a wall at 120MPH (Even with Jase's ECU tune) However I can get there a lot faster. As I mentioned to him, I honestly don't go over 100 often but when I do it's to keep up with fellow riders stretching legs on the open roads. Even before my tune I could tell that over 100 there is significantly less pull. Now if the butterfly's are told to close it makes sense. After the tune I've only climbed to 120 once but still felt resistance. I thought it might be the wind, but I'm glad you mentioned this because this appears to be the reality of the wall I've been hitting. Jase told me the speed limiter was gone but it appears the ECU must also tell those butterfly's to flutter off and let the rider dictate. Again this is just a week end sport for me not a commuter. I'd even like to get it to the track for runs. Maybe get it tuned for race fuel.

Good input!!

Spyder Garage

Default This proves the motor is capable of much more

When I test my flashed RT with a passenger or climbing up a steep hill, there is very little in terms of any acceleration loss. The 1330 motor seems little affected by load.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Just last month I had mine up to 106 and that was while I was pulling my 622 trailer. At the same time, Cruzr Joe passed me while he was pulling his freedom trailer.

Spyder Garage

This past tuesday saw 100mph on 2016 RT WITH 2 up before I backed off.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    When I test my flashed RT with a passenger or climbing up a steep hill, there is very little in terms of any acceleration loss. The 1330 motor seems little affected by load.
    Little affect from steep hill or high % (a passenger) of extra weight? So that 1330 motor isn't really affected by the laws of physics? BRP needs to share that secret!
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Given all the testing required and needing an ARF gauge to see what's really happening, it's difficult for me to understand how or what you really have in your flash. There is over 60 interconnected speed/ rev restrictions so I'm not surprised you still have your speed restrictions. Just how does your flash compare to my posted results? My RT is laying down 50" of rubber and getting to 90 mph in under 9 seconds? Just what do you feel is better and where in the rpm range is this happening?
    Any idea what 90 mph in less than 9 seconds translates to for a quarter mile? (quarter mile is a measurement many relate to a lot better)
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Mine seems to be affected by climbing up a hill.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Based on times runs for ECU testing

Example: two stock machines climbing the same hill as we did for ECU testing. One with a passenger the other a single rider. At the top of the hill the loaded bike would only be a few of bike lengths behind. It's not the laws of physics but the speed limiters that balance out the loads. 0 to 50 mph about one bike length lead. 0 to 90 about 3 bike lengths. 0 to 100 or 110 still only three or four bike lengths. This is the test results we experienced when testing the flash under load to verify AFR readings and the ECU's response. Sorry, I'm just the messenger, but we really did test every exhaust and load situation in making this flash. To better understand, take two mopeds and put a passenger on one, that would be an example of a bike greatly affected by the laws of physics or load. Or take two NASCARs one with a passenger, barley affected by load.
    The 1330 motor is a wolf in sheep clothing and in the stock form it handles all loads extremely well. When the load would come into play and the laws of physics take control will be when the rev and speed limiter are removed and the bikes reach triple digit speeds as the loaded and unloaded bike will really begin to greatly separate.

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post
    Little affect from steep hill or high % (a passenger) of extra weight? So that 1330 motor isn't really affected by the laws of physics? BRP needs to share that secret!
    Last edited by Dennis in Lodi; 08-08-2017 at 08:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Speed limiters

Sadly, because of speed limiters on our machines we only have really good 1/8 mile runs as we fizzle out well before the finish line.
    A member on this forum with a flash on an F3 posted a 20 hp gain but only about a second off his quarter mile times?? I feel the biggest reason the times weren't faster is because even though the bike reached top speed well before the finish line the bike still fizzled as the speed limiters took over.

Stage Two Flash on the same F3 with all the limiters removed, in my opinion only, the bike should be above 114 mph and below 12 seconds. The biggest problem for a 1/4 mile run comes down to controlling F3 wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gear for a good launch.
    Stage Three Flash will incorporate a race package of intake / exhaust which will allow the individual to add their own fuel controller to maximize and dial in for their goals.
    Stage Four Flash, can you say TURBO. As most of us know, there is already turbos on basically the same motor in the Sea-DO line up. Just a pipe dream for now.

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post
    Any idea what 90 mph in less than 9 seconds translates to for a quarter mile? (quarter mile is a measurement many relate to a lot better)

Spyder Garage

2015 F3 Stock I hit 124Mph
    But That was all she Had!!
    Sending Ecu off for Stage 1 Flash by Wick it
    Will reply with improvements if any!!

Spyder Garage

Not too concerned about top speed. If it will pull 100 mph that's plenty. BUT I want to be able to cruise comfortably with traffic and have something in reserve.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    There's another youtube video of a guy on a German Autobahn hitting 200 kph (120 mph).
    I had 200 KPH on a German Autobahn last year and that was about it. Also, the speedo is remarkably accurate and doesn't overread much at all. At 80mph it's only 2mph over according to GPS readout on Waze.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Goes faster than you want to go in the upright riding position. If you go over 100 MPH, you need to be laying on the tank behind a small cafe type wind screen. Otherwise the wind will be trying to take you off of it.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver