Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users payotee cyotee's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Yellow triangle symbol with down arrow to the right

Had my F-3 Limited 3000 mile check at a dealer last week and after leaving the dealer and heading home I noticed down in trip meter space a yellow triangle symbol with a down arrow to the right showed up and went off after maybe ten seconds. Has now done that after I get started on a ride within a couple miles or so, then goes out. Never comes back on unless I shut it down and then start out again like after having lunch. Anyone know what that symbol means?

Spyder Garage

and on your new

Can you furnish a picture? Is your machine in ECO mode?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    and on your new

Can you furnish a picture? Is your machine in ECO mode?
    I am not in ECO mode. Have not been able to get a picture of the symbol. It come on while ridding and could not stop and get a camera out before it goes out. Only on for up to ten seconds or less. Like I said, its a yellow triangle with a diagonal down arrow to the right. The symbol only shows up in the little trip meter space. Strange. I'll contact my dealer when he opens again in a couple of days if no one has an answer.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by payotee cyotee View Post
    I am not in ECO mode. Have not been able to get a picture of the symbol. It come on while ridding and could not stop and get a camera out before it goes out. Only on for up to ten seconds or less. Like I said, its a yellow triangle with a diagonal down arrow to the right. The symbol only shows up in the little trip meter space. Strange. I'll contact my dealer when he opens again in a couple of days if no one has an answer.
    Thanks
    The triangle is what made me think about ECO mode. Did not know if you were color blind--as the symbol shows up in green. Just a long shot guess on my part.

Will have to wait for the explanation about the yellow triangle.

If you can get a picture, it would be good. Over & Out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The triangle is what made me think about ECO mode. Did not know if you were color blind--as the symbol shows up in green. Just a long shot guess on my part.

Will have to wait for the explanation about the yellow triangle.

If you can get a picture, it would be good. Over & Out.
    Nope, not colorblind yet. It is definitely a warning symbol of some kind.

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..

Have you checked the manual..? They generally have a list of all the symbols and what they mean...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Does the triangle have an exclamation mark inside it?

Not sure what you mean by an arrow symbol diagonally down and to the right; is it like this one? Also, what color is the arrow?

That's the arrow. Color is black I think. I do believe the triangle does have the exclamation mark inside. The thing comes on for short of time its had to tell, and its kinda small from sitting in the seat.
    If we figure this one out it should be good information for others down the road!
    Last edited by payotee cyotee; 08-06-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Have you checked the manual..? They generally have a list of all the symbols and what they mean...
    Yup, checked the manual several time and that's one symbol they don't show and I find nothing in the book that discusses it so for. I did see in doing research on dash symbols that a yellow or amber triangle with a exclamation mark is a European symbol for a suspension problem of some kinds.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had my F-3 Limited 3000 mile check at a dealer last week and after leaving the dealer and heading home I noticed down in trip meter space a yellow triangle symbol with a down arrow to the right showed up and went off after maybe ten seconds. Has now done that after I get started on a ride within a couple miles or so, then goes out. Never comes back on unless I shut it down and then start out again like after having lunch. Anyone know what that symbol means?
    Okay, I'll bet what you are seeing on occasion is some version of this;Traction control icon.jpg

If so, it is an indication that your traction control system is kicking in. That's why it's only intermittent.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay, I'll bet what you are seeing on occasion is some version of this;Traction control icon.jpg

If so, it is an indication that your traction control system is kicking in. That's why it's only intermittent.
    OP - Would you let us know the outcome? Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Here's a thought....

could be a symbol for the passenger is missing...just letting you know... has anyone else had this..?? I'm guessing not...looks like your in charge of this one and will have to let us know if even they know....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    could be a symbol for the passenger is missing...just letting you know... has anyone else had this..?? I'm guessing not...looks like your in charge of this one and will have to let us know if even they know....
    As soon as I solve this I'll update everyone. Thanks for the help in trying to come up with an answer. Damn strange that the manual does not show or explain all the symbols they've installed in the computer.

Spyder Garage

Default Payotee did you see post #9 ?

From Utah Pete ?
    Last edited by Peteoz; 08-07-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I've just been through the WSM and found this:

6) Trip Meter

Time. distance travelled and average speed since the last reset. Two trip meters are available and they are identified as "A and "B". To change units, refer to P R E F E R E N C E S S C R E E N . As a second function, the trip meter may display an icon to inform the driver of a malfunction.

However, I can't find a list of the malfunctions it may display but I'll keep hunting.

Defintely looks ike it's seeing a fault though so may be worth pulling fault codes.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=monkeyboymorton;1288326]I've just been through the WSM and found this:

6) Trip Meter

Time. distance travelled and average speed since the last reset. Two trip meters are available and they are identified as "A and "B". To change units, refer to P R E F E R E N C E S S C R E E N . As a second function, the trip meter may display an icon to inform the driver of a malfunction.

However, I can't find a list of the malfunctions it may display but I'll keep hunting.

Defintely looks ike it's seeing a fault though so may be worth pulling fault codes.[/QUOT

Hey folks. I'll answer two questions here. First I was asked if I saw post #9? YES I did and it could be right answer to symbol, but it is a different symbol than what post 9 showed. So we keep looking for the exact correct answer.

monkeyboymorton, I have gotten no further than you on research and I'm still hunting. Thanks for helping, all of you!

Ok, I called the dealer I bought the f3 from and they have no answer yet and it's been a day and a half and no call back yet. 4 hours ago I also called the dealer that did the 3000 mile service and the service dept was busy and would call me right back. OH sure they will. Not yet! I have also called BRP customer service in Canada and was told to call the dealers. I told them I did and they said be patient. So that's my update so far. Ain't life fun.

Spyder Garage

Oh, forgot to say that I have tried to pull the code and nothing comes up.

Spyder Garage

Pages 112 and 113 of your operator's manual show the error icons that can appear on your multifunction gauge but the list does not include the display you are seeing.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

It won't if it is indeed just a notification that the anti-slip is kicking in. See my earlier post about the icon...
    It's not the VSC icon - that's in the analog guage on all F3s and it looks like this:

VSS Icon.jpg
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Pages 112 and 113 of your operator's manual show the error icons that can appear on your multifunction gauge but the list does not include the display you are seeing.
    They are just the ones that appear in the analog gauges and have a dedicated lamp.

The icon he's getting is in the trip area in the colour gauge on his LTD. The manual says malfunction icons can appear there but doesn't give a list of them.

This is where he's seeing the unknown icon (highlighted area):

Trip Area.JPG

Does the operators manual for the LTD (I only have the F3-S one) give any icons that can appear here? The WSM I have covers the 2016 colour gauge but doesn't give any icons for this area.
    Last edited by monkeyboymorton; 08-08-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up F3 LTD operators manual

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Cheers That's a useful site.

OK, I've looked in the 2017 manual and the only fault it lists that shows in the digital gauge is this one:

Air Susp Fault.jpg

Could that be it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    Cheers That's a useful site.

OK, I've looked in the 2017 manual and the only fault it lists that shows in the digital gauge is this one:

Air Susp Fault.jpg

Could that be it?
    No sire, not even close but nice try Here is the latest non update. Another week has passed and I still have no answer from either dealers or the factory!! Now that's quite disappointing, don't you think? ON this coming Thursday I have a date with a Can-Am dealer for going further into the issue. I suggested they contact the HQ in Canada and get a ticket number started for an answer before I got there. ( That's what BRP said they would do if I contacted a dealer). So I guess I'll have some interesting things to say after I return from that meeting.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This may already have been asked but did you, or could you, get a picture of the symbol?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    This may already have been asked but did you, or could you, get a picture of the symbol?
    I wish that I could but since its only comes on while I'm ridding and only stays on for maybe 5 to 10 seconds, it's quite impossible unless I want to risk wrapping myself around a tree. You would think that this would be an easy thing to get an answer to, but I guess BRP does not give too much of a rats patootie. I've called BRP HQ and ask them about it and they said ask you dealer and if they don't know they can get an answer from us here at HQ, but we can't give you one. So I called two dealers so far and asked them to solve the problem. One called me back after a few days and said it not in the mechanics manual they'd call BRP and get back to me asap. A week later I still have no answer. What a way to run a business! I'm patient but when you have a warning signal show on the dash it would seem to most people that it's important to know what it means.
    Last edited by payotee cyotee; 08-13-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

I wish that I could but since its only comes on while I'm ridding and only stays on for maybe 5 to 10 seconds, it's quite impossible unless I want to risk wrapping myself around a tree. You would think that this would be an easy thing to get an answer to, but I guess BRP does not give too much of a rats patootie. I've called BRP HQ and ask them about it and they said ask you dealer and if they don't know they can get an answer from us here at HQ, but we can't give you one. So I called two dealers so far and asked them to solve the problem. One called me back after a few days and said it not in the mechanics manual they'd call BRP and get back to me asap. A week later I still have no answer. What a way to run a business! I'm patient but when you have a warning signal show on the dash it would seem to most people that it's important to know what it means.
    You have uncovered a true mystery here. Lot's of experts on the site, and all have been stumped. Then, the run-around from the manufacturer. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of it. Going to continue to watch the thread.

2020 F3L , Magma Red