Thread: My Latest Mods.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default My Latest Mods.

Well some of you have probably been asking your self where has your friendly neighborhood handicap from Brooklyn has been well I must say that during these wet days out here I have been recovering from my biggest mod ever but I will get to that later let me show you so far what I have done. Well I was working on a wheelchair attachment for the back of my spyder so that I don’t travel so naked with out a chair when I get to point B from point A. After getting all done I notice that the chair was still a little wobbly so as soon as the weather gets better I will improve on it but are some images of what I have done so far.

I stated with the apparel when I first got my SpyderLovers patch I was proud to have it put on the vest I got way back in the motorcycle show at Jacob Javits. Can you all see why it would be good to make bigger patches lol

Then we have the new premium decals from can-am they put the old decals to shame with the glare and shine that they have right now the new polish look makes the spyder stand out even more.

I also got me a pair of the LED mud flap lights from NNM I am a little confused on how they are supposed to work but I will contact them about that there customer service is the BEST!

Now to get the bike rack one the spyder for my wheelchair mount I purchased a rear trailer hitch on ebay from Mels Monster Garage this was something I wanted to get for some time because I never know when I am going to need some to trailer later on. After that I got the bike rack also on ebay from ProHoists. The bike rack was originally created to hold two bikes but with a little modification I trimmed down the top tubes to fit just right the wheelchair that I am using I also had to tweak my wheelchair to fit the rods on the axel but that was good to because now the wheelchair runs even better.

Then with all this being done to the rear of the bike. I was pulled over by my local officer asking me about the bike. I wont say why I really got pulled over (I will say this I was a bad boy lol) but he did mention to me that it was difficult for him to see my plate behind the rack and the trailer hitch. So I went at it again and jumped on ebay and brought this web like side plate mount and I must say it was cheap and I like the look.

In doing that to my rear plate spot just so looked so plan so I replaces it with a plate I had laying around that I brought in an Auto Strauss. It was originally for a car but with some tracing and some metal sheers it didn’t come out so bad I must say.

And here is a little mod that some of you might find a little confusing but if you saw the position that I sit in when I ride you would understand. Now we all are awaiting the anticipating hydraulic braking kit from ISCI and the after the pricing info on the floor boards god knows what the kit will be like. But as for me I needed something to give me more comfort when barking beside the wire hand brake that I am using as of now. I had notice then when riding I tend to reach for the foot bake as well with my right hand. And gifted with long arms it has not been problems. But I wanted to make it even more comfortable so with the help of some left over wheelchair parts and a metal cane I had around I modified a handle that’s just high enough for me to each and brake and comfortable enough to that hand. You would think that this would be in the way of another person riding the spyder when I take it to service but it is not it clips right off or to the side clear enough for any one to use the brake with there foot if need to.

Now here is the final mod that I must say I am proud and glad that I did. On my final run on a beautiful day and a great ride I ended it with breaking my seeing glasses while taking them off from inside my helmet. Now if some are you aware glasses are not cheep these last pair cost me 400 for the lens and 400 for the frames and this is with no medical insurance. So I that day on the radio I heard a commercial for laser surgery and facing the fact with wearing glasses and being disabled is not an easy task the decision was obvious. I called them up and set up an appointment after my free consultation they set me up for surgery the next week after two days of recovery I have to admit that it has changed my life I was able to ride again glasses free and putting on my helmet with no hassle is the best. Now I just have to get some nifty sunglasses and I am good. Well I want to thank you all for taking the time to read this and I hope to SEE you on the road this summer.

PS: there were a few final mods that I didn’t have the picture for and that’s was ther rear foot peg extensions and a yellow autobot decal that I placed in the front in-between the head lights. Why wait for the movie when I have my every own transformer in the drive way.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looks good! Glad you are finally able to ride glasses free!!! I have been thinking about having the surgery to correct mine as well just a bit scared to do it.
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Spyder Garage

HotWheels, we wondered why you had been sort of quiet since Spring finally came. Now we know. Great job, well though out and executed, as usual. You do nice work! Enjoy the Ryde!
    -Scotty

orangespydiegirl

It's good to hear you don't let anything keep you from riding, as for lasik or laser surgery I work for a big eye group and it's amazing when someone comes in one day with glasses and comes the next for post op and they can read 20/20 !

Spyder Garage

You are a mod monster Looks great Bro

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

good stuff wheels.....this comes from a fellow handi....me

Spyder Garage

That's great stuff. Congrats on the eye surgery!

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Nice job on your mods. That is one wicked trailer hitch you could pull a transport truck trailer with that thing. Nice spider web for your plate.

Spyder Garage

Default VERY COOL

Totally awsome... the mods you created are way cool. Gives me inspiration....