Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Man, I'm sorry to hear about your father's health

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It actually got to the point of being comical...
    Except for the Missus!

I'm confident that it will all get worked out.

In all seriousness: this isn't the most important thing going on...

My Dad is home from the hospital... for the last time.
    His heart is only functioning at 5% of capacity: he has to be on oxygen, and a medication being pumped into an artery that keeps his beat-up ticker ,beating...

The clock is ticking loudly...
    You are so correct that when stepping back and looking at the Big Picture these issues like dealing with an RV dealer seem absolutely trivial..! I hope for the best and wish you and your family peace knowing where his final destination is. My prayers are with your father and your family.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Bob,

First off, sorry about your Dad! I lost my dad 3 years ago and it was not easy. I hope you have the chance to spend some quality time with him in the days and weeks to come.

Now, as for the rig, are you sure you want to deal with a dealer that would try a "bait and switch" like that. Seems a bit unethical. Maybe someone is trying to tell you something?

Good luck!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Bob, is this dealer Albany RV?

Sure sounds like them. So sorry to hear of the troubles, and I agree it was probably a bait and switch.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Kingston... Camper's Barn.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

There's a story behind all of this...
    (Grab a cup of coffee...)
    We got to the Dealership at 8:45 am (for our 9:00am appointment) on Saturday.
    We were met by our Salesman: Mickey. We toddled off into his office for about 20 minutes of congratulations, small-talk, and some useful advice.
    Mickey then passed us off to Cassandra. As near as I can figure: her job was to walk us through the building, and out to where the rig was parked.
    (I had no idea that this was such a labor-intensive process: keep track of the names...,)
    As "Walker" Cassandra got us out the door: she makes a grand sweeping gesture with her right arm, and says:
    "And THERE is your brand-new motorhome!"
    My Missus pulls out an equal volume, and in a voice best described as more serious than a heart attack; she says:
    "No it's not. It's the wrong color..."
    I am starting to hope for a major stroke or heart attack...
    Cassandra gets this "deer in the headlights" look in her eyes, and says:
    "Well since you're here: we might as well go take a look at it."
    Off we go... My sense of impending disaster is growing larger with each step that I take...
    We get to the rig, and out steps "Brian". His job is to show us all of the gear, gadgets, and gizmos, and explain how to work them.
    He says that there's a problem...
    (He has NO idea how big it is!)
    The rig sustained "damage" during the transport from Lakewood, N.J.
    I smile and say that it doesn't matter, because this isn't our rig!
    His jaw landed on the pavement... Cassandra stammered something about paperwork, and she sprinted back to the side door of the building. (I think that she locked it, after she dove inside!)
    We explained to "instructor Brian", that this rig wasn't the colors that we had ordered.
    He tried to re-assure us that mistakes are made, and can easily be fixed...
    "So when will we get OUR motorhome?", asks the Missus
    Brian looked at her and said:
    "Well since you're here, and you're such nice folks: I might as well show you all of the systems."
    (I thought that he was going to be eviscerated right in front of me!)
    But we started our tour of our wrong motorhome... To his credit: Brian did a really great job of explaining all of the stuff on the outside of it. I think that I could actually hook all of the right stuff up to the right places, and nothing would catch fire!
    Now we go on inside the rig...
    Apparently the backsplash behind the stove-top didn't like it's seat for the trip to the dealership. It broke loose, damaged the wall, the cabinetry that it slid down on it's way to the floor, and then it punched three holes into the flooring!
    Once the Missus started breathing again; Brian showed us all of the interior features and systems. He truly was the high point of the day!
    Suddenly, Anthony shows up... He's the finance guy.
    "I understand that there's a problem.", he says with a big smile.
    "Would you take this rig if we gave you a discount?"

If the Missus only had a gun with her... the World would have one less Anthony!
    Once she got done explaining to him that we wouldn't take this rig even if he wrote the check for it; he literally jumped from the top step, and beat Cassandra's time for getting back to the side door!
    Now that Brian knew that my Missus wasn't the happiest camper on the lot: he walked us back inside. Folks were trying to hide, or look very busy, as we walked back through the store. I think that they wondered who would be next in our sights!
    Mike: the fearless Sales Manager comes to the rescue of everybody.
    (I told you that there were lots of folks in this story! )
    "Don't worry folks: we've found you another rig!", he says with a big smile.
    "Is it the right color?", asks my Missus
    "Yes, it is", he re-assures her
    "Has it already been damaged?', she spits back at him.
    Mike takes a step back, swallows hard, and replies;
    "This one is coming from Ohio."
    (Do only the ones coming from New Jersey get damaged? )
    Do we want it?
    I resisted the urge to kick him in the nuts, and said that we would be "willing to look at it".
    "Great! It'll be here mid-week. I'll have Anthony arrange a new pickup date for you.

The ride home was somewhat less than pleasant. I thought about jumping from the RAV4 at speed, but I doubted that it would kill me.

So we are waiting for Anthony now... I may call him this morning, just to see if he has recovered yet!

So here we are: waiting for Anthony to call...
    Wow. Your fingers hurt from typing and my eyes hurt from reading.

sorry to read that insanity of a purchase. Been there and done that with the EX on several purchases. My .02 is to pass and rethink. We all know if she ain't happy no living creature will be.
    2014 Spyder RS-S SE5
    Mods:

ST Limited Wheels
    RT Handlebars
    Ultimate Seats ST Midrider
    Lidlox Helmet Lock
    Show Chrome Brake Pedal Extension
    Excelvan X-Grip Cell Phone Holder w/USB Charger
    Much more to come......
    Ryder:
    6'-1" - 205lbs - 32"IS - 34"Reach

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Crap happens!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think you should also bill them for the time you wasted at the appointment when they knew it wasn't going to be the right rig.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll tell them to give me an extra 10' length of "Stinky Slinky"; for all of the crap that they put us through!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Another thing, Bob. Did you know you can deduct interest on an RV as a second home?
    Sure, you can do that. Until you get caught.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by classicvw View Post
    Sure, you can do that. Until you get caught.

I've already got my Attorneys working on that:

Dewey Cheatem and Howe.jpg

Spyder Garage

Bob, very sorry to hear about your dad. Lost mine 20 years to the day and I still miss his calm, caring advice.

I hope you reconsider buying anything from this dealer, or even this brand of MH. If it broke being transported from NJ to NY, what confidence does that speak to for your future long distance trips?

They tried to take advantage of you. They stink. I'll bet when the new one arrives, there will be some reason (options? manufacturer price increase?) that the price will be higher than what you agreed to.

Spyder Garage

Thoughts and for you folks and for Dad. Hang in there my Friend.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry about your dad Bob , lost mine 25 years ago at 81 and the older I get the more I think of him and miss him. He was one tough Montana cowboy but showed his love in a different way.
    As for deducting interest of your RV, you can if you use it X amount of days a year,Check with your tax person. Most people will keep a log in their RV. I have no problem as I stay in mine more than our house as I travel for work.
    Sounds like the dealer you went to may be a little sketchy at best. My last experience was one of our best, but the dealer I went to has been in business nearly 50 years. as you can see I'm trailer pour, this photo dos'nt show the dog trailer and my wife's RTL or the tilt trailer we sometimes use for a single spyder. My insurance agent loves me and I think I've helped him put his kids through college over the last 40 years.
    New 5th Wheel.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob, Sorry to hear about your Dad, prayers out to you and your family. Lost my Dad on Dec 21st, 2015. The dealership definitely owes you a better deal for all of your trouble. Dale

Spyder Garage

Once again I know I am a newbie here on this forum but please run away as fast as you can from that dealer and any THOR product!!
    I posted earlier in this thread about how cheap THOR products are.
    I have never seen a THOR product that does not have "damages" when being delivered.
    Remember RV's are rolling earth quakes and with low quality products and shoddy craftsmanship ( I use that word in jest) it shows up quickly

They use cheap products and do not hold up. If it is already coming apart new as delivered how well do you think it will last a month, 6 months or a year down the road?
    Sure you will have a warranty but be warned it may take weeks or even months to get the item replaced. I speak from experience and there are lots of others that we have met along the way that have had the same issues NOT just on THOR but lots of RV manufactures.
    So depending on the issues you may not be able to use your RV as it sits waiting to be repaired.
    So you make payments on something you can not use.

My wife and I have been involved in the RV world for over 25 years and we go to all the major RV shows every year. We see what is out there and we know what to look for.
    I hate to see anyone throw away good money on bad products!!
    I know I am just an internet stranger to you in the grand scheme of things but at the same time please consider this... while I am a stranger to you I care enough to warn you about you throwing good money away. If I did not care I would not have replied to this thread in the first place.

I wish I could physically meet you and the wife and go with you and show you how cheap some of them are made.
    Once someone shows you the tricks of the trade and shows you the difference you would understand.
    The perverbal light would come on and you would see the light .
    We were in the same boat as you were once and I wish someone would have shown us.
    We learned the hard way and since that time we always try to educate those who do not.
    Do not have buyers remorse!! You have seen the the warnings all ready, Take the signs of what has already happened and RUN!!
    I am more than welcome to talk to your privately if you would like just PM me.
    2015 RTs , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the scathing report...
    But since Thor is the only one making a Class C Toyhauler: we've got to dance to the music that they're playing...

...and hope for the best!

Spyder Garage

My opinion is a little different from boomermans, Bob, I have have several Thor RVs over the last 30 years and they served me very well. One was a small 5th wheel trailer that I bought new and had for 10 years and pulled it all over the US, Canada and Mexico with never a single problem, I pulled it with a 4 wheel drive through some rough country, off pavement, across and through rivers and would have it still but I needed something bigger. There are not very many RVs out there that are built like a Rolls Royce but there are some quality rigs. Just examine them closely and make your own decision on quality. A thing to look for is inside cabinets and how things are attached to the frame work . These things are usually made by folks that are on assembly lines and make just a little above minimum wage and sometimes it can show up in the quality.
    Good luck with your search.
    And when you do get your rig and make it out to the great Pacific Northwest I can show you some great rides!
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the tip about the cabinets!
    When we head your way: I'll put up a flare!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boomerman View Post
    Once again I know I am a newbie here on this forum but please run away as fast as you can from that dealer and any THOR product!!
    I posted earlier in this thread about how cheap THOR products are.
    I have never seen a THOR product that does not have "damages" when being delivered.
    Remember RV's are rolling earth quakes and with low quality products and shoddy craftsmanship ( I use that word in jest) it shows up quickly

They use cheap products and do not hold up. If it is already coming apart new as delivered how well do you think it will last a month, 6 months or a year down the road?
    Sure you will have a warranty but be warned it may take weeks or even months to get the item replaced. I speak from experience and there are lots of others that we have met along the way that have had the same issues NOT just on THOR but lots of RV manufactures.
    So depending on the issues you may not be able to use your RV as it sits waiting to be repaired.
    So you make payments on something you can not use.

My wife and I have been involved in the RV world for over 25 years and we go to all the major RV shows every year. We see what is out there and we know what to look for.
    I hate to see anyone throw away good money on bad products!!
    I know I am just an internet stranger to you in the grand scheme of things but at the same time please consider this... while I am a stranger to you I care enough to warn you about you throwing good money away. If I did not care I would not have replied to this thread in the first place.

I wish I could physically meet you and the wife and go with you and show you how cheap some of them are made.
    Once someone shows you the tricks of the trade and shows you the difference you would understand.
    The perverbal light would come on and you would see the light .
    We were in the same boat as you were once and I wish someone would have shown us.
    We learned the hard way and since that time we always try to educate those who do not.
    Do not have buyers remorse!! You have seen the the warnings all ready, Take the signs of what has already happened and RUN!!
    I am more than welcome to talk to your privately if you would like just PM me.
    he is right think about this look at some of these things that are 5 yrs old and then look at the length of your loan
    Last edited by r1100rider; 08-30-2017 at 09:28 AM.
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

It seems that your minds are made up and you're rushing headlong into this purchase. I think you've both experienced and have read here enough red flags to take a step back. Just my opinion and I recognize it's possibly worth what you're paying me for it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hope you all know that if I had a nickel for every negative comment or dire warning about every adventure that I've ever undertaken: I could have easily paid cash for the rig!
    We're good!

Spyder Garage

I hope you all know that if I had a nickel for every negative comment or dire warning about every adventure that I've ever undertaken: I could have easily paid cash for the rig!
    We're good!
    You will rue the day you ever bought the RV. It will cause constant misery and pain. Your spouse will leave you (even if you are single), your children will disown you (even if you don't have any). You will develop Scurvy and have constant migraine headaches. Your pets will turn on you, and your neighbors will call the police on you every time you back it out of your property.

Happy Trails!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And here I was: worrying about the ringworm!

Spyder Garage

Default Too funny...

And here I was: worrying about the ringworm!
    now that's funny ..! You'll enjoy every minute in your RV and yes, it's not for everyone..!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HankD View Post
    You will rue the day you ever bought the RV. It will cause constant misery and pain. Your spouse will leave you (even if you are single), your children will disown you (even if you don't have any). You will develop Scurvy and have constant migraine headaches. Your pets will turn on you, and your neighbors will call the police on you every time you back it out of your property.

Happy Trails!
    Everything else I can deal with, but not my pets turning on me!That's just too much to take!