Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default I would like to see pics if the helper ramp set up

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm not going to have the RT-L available for about three Months or so...
    But my guess is that I'll need some extra "Helper ramps"; to lessen the attack angles.
    I've already got them ready!
    i had to make an extension ramp for Mr Toyhauler by getting a 1 in. Aluminum piano hinge to secure a 3/4in. 4ft. Piece of plywood to get the "break over" angle into the RV less so the Spyder doesn't get hung up when I'm loading it.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Elka stage 2 front shocks
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Centramatic wheel balancers on the front and rear.
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Tricled mirror turn signal indicators
    with American and Texas flags
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lambskin seat cover from Smokey mountain sheepskin.com
    Tricled 360 degree led Headlights
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    2019 Silverado Duramax dually
    2019 Cyclone 4007 toyhauler
    Spyderpops bumpskid w led light
    Rivco brand footrest
    spydermanexhaust.com exhaust
    had my exhaust installed @ Spyder in the hills.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vided View Post
    What a flood of great tips.

if your hooked up to external water ( city, camp grounds), don't leave it connected at bed time or when your out. The pressure switch could break and you can have a flood.
    don't ask how I know both times
    PLEASE. Just let me stay in a Motel!!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not going to have the RT-L available for about three Months or so...
    But my guess is that I'll need some extra "Helper ramps"; to lessen the attack angles.
    I've already got them ready!
    every one is making this way to hard with the overhang on a motorhome an inch in the front is several in the rear just drive the front on to blocks or your levelers and the rear drops a lot which takes the angle out very quickly due to the ratio difference the front wheels are at the front corner and rear overhang is longer teeter totter effect
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    PLEASE. Just let me stay in a Motel!!!!
    have at it people who say this just don't understand the Rv experience there isn't motels in the back country ,no putting everything into a suitcase no checkout time you meet people because they get out and talk to each other not just retire to there rooms you can keep all your gear in your Rv so you just get in and take off and if the motels are all full then you still have a place to sleep and the best part is I hate public restrooms,you can just lumber along at you own pace stop anywhere and make lunch nap if you want sit and relax while the wife is doing something you don't care to partake in (dress shopping yard sale ect) ,you can leave late after work on on a week end drive until you to sleepy then pull over get up and drive while someone else sleeps more ,mine rides like a big limousine,the kids could play video games while I drove I could go on but you get the idea
    2 happy happy spyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The flexibility that it affords you during a trip, is what makes it all worthwhile!
    Perhaps I'll have to visit Sarge, and let him see the HUGE grins on our faces...

Spyder Garage

Default I'll get a pic tonight after work and post it

ill try to remember to fold it out and get a pic tonight for you.
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    Rivco brand footrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tanks A Lot 01.jpg

I've got a couple of 6 foot ramps, that I used to load my ATV. I've been figuring that I could use them to lessen the "attack, and ramp-over" potential issues. The way it looks: I'll back the Spyder up the ramp into the garage. That'll pick the nose up on the "ATV ramps", before the rear tire starts climbing... If I set them high enough up the main ramp: the front tires should still be elevated enough to help keep me from bottoming-out the center of the bike...
    Fingers Crossed.gif

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    have at it people who say this just don't understand the Rv experience there isn't motels in the back country ,no putting everything into a suitcase no checkout time you meet people because they get out and talk to each other not just retire to there rooms you can keep all your gear in your Rv so you just get in and take off and if the motels are all full then you still have a place to sleep and the best part is I hate public restrooms,you can just lumber along at you own pace stop anywhere and make lunch nap if you want sit and relax while the wife is doing something you don't care to partake in (dress shopping yard sale ect) ,you can leave late after work on on a week end drive until you to sleepy then pull over get up and drive while someone else sleeps more ,mine rides like a big limousine,the kids could play video games while I drove I could go on but you get the idea
    You should be a salesman! With a wife or family and wide open spaces I can see where its a Great Choice!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He's got a couple of bridges, and some really prime swamp-land; that's for sale...

Spyder Garage

We've finally got our eyes on a Motorhome that'll carry the Spyder along with us!
    Thor's Outlaw 29 H Toy-Hauler

It's built on the Ford E-450 chassis, and has the V-10 under the hood.

We've just got to see if the deal can be struck...
    good luck on striking a deal. just a friendly piece of advice, the prices are always the best at the Harrisburg/Hershey Rv Show. it is generally held around Sept 13th for about four days. it's worth going. biggest show east of the Mississippi. we saved over $30,000 on ours!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice...
    We actually saved almost 35K on the deal that we made.
    I sent you a PM, but what the heck!
    We were thinking of going to Hershey for the show: how about you?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    You should be a salesman! With a wife or family and wide open spaces I can see where its a Great Choice!!
    I am a salesman but not RVs my dad had campers pull trailers 5th wheels then a MH I tryed to make a MH out of my VW van then a full size van then when I got a real MH I realized what it was really like to have what I was trying to make a van into
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    I am a salesman but not RVs my dad had campers pull trailers 5th wheels then a MH I tryed to make a MH out of my VW van then a full size van then when I got a real MH I realized what it was really like to have what I was trying to make a van into

It's now the 28th.

26th long past !
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's a story behind all of this...
    (Grab a cup of coffee...)
    We got to the Dealership at 8:45 am (for our 9:00am appointment) on Saturday.
    We were met by our Salesman: Mickey. We toddled off into his office for about 20 minutes of congratulations, small-talk, and some useful advice.
    Mickey then passed us off to Cassandra. As near as I can figure: her job was to walk us through the building, and out to where the rig was parked.
    (I had no idea that this was such a labor-intensive process: keep track of the names...,)
    As "Walker" Cassandra got us out the door: she makes a grand sweeping gesture with her right arm, and says:
    "And THERE is your brand-new motorhome!"
    My Missus pulls out an equal volume, and in a voice best described as more serious than a heart attack; she says:
    "No it's not. It's the wrong color..."
    I am starting to hope for a major stroke or heart attack...
    Cassandra gets this "deer in the headlights" look in her eyes, and says:
    "Well since you're here: we might as well go take a look at it."
    Off we go... My sense of impending disaster is growing larger with each step that I take...
    We get to the rig, and out steps "Brian". His job is to show us all of the gear, gadgets, and gizmos, and explain how to work them.
    He says that there's a problem...
    (He has NO idea how big it is!)
    The rig sustained "damage" during the transport from Lakewood, N.J.
    I smile and say that it doesn't matter, because this isn't our rig!
    His jaw landed on the pavement... Cassandra stammered something about paperwork, and she sprinted back to the side door of the building. (I think that she locked it, after she dove inside!)
    We explained to "instructor Brian", that this rig wasn't the colors that we had ordered.
    He tried to re-assure us that mistakes are made, and can easily be fixed...
    "So when will we get OUR motorhome?", asks the Missus
    Brian looked at her and said:
    "Well since you're here, and you're such nice folks: I might as well show you all of the systems."
    (I thought that he was going to be eviscerated right in front of me!)
    But we started our tour of our wrong motorhome... To his credit: Brian did a really great job of explaining all of the stuff on the outside of it. I think that I could actually hook all of the right stuff up to the right places, and nothing would catch fire!
    Now we go on inside the rig...
    Apparently the backsplash behind the stove-top didn't like it's seat for the trip to the dealership. It broke loose, damaged the wall, the cabinetry that it slid down on it's way to the floor, and then it punched three holes into the flooring!
    Once the Missus started breathing again; Brian showed us all of the interior features and systems. He truly was the high point of the day!
    Suddenly, Anthony shows up... He's the finance guy.
    "I understand that there's a problem.", he says with a big smile.
    "Would you take this rig if we gave you a discount?"

If the Missus only had a gun with her... the World would have one less Anthony!
    Once she got done explaining to him that we wouldn't take this rig even if he wrote the check for it; he literally jumped from the top step, and beat Cassandra's time for getting back to the side door!
    Now that Brian knew that my Missus wasn't the happiest camper on the lot: he walked us back inside. Folks were trying to hide, or look very busy, as we walked back through the store. I think that they wondered who would be next in our sights!
    Mike: the fearless Sales Manager comes to the rescue of everybody.
    (I told you that there were lots of folks in this story! )
    "Don't worry folks: we've found you another rig!", he says with a big smile.
    "Is it the right color?", asks my Missus
    "Yes, it is", he re-assures her
    "Has it already been damaged?', she spits back at him.
    Mike takes a step back, swallows hard, and replies;
    "This one is coming from Ohio."
    (Do only the ones coming from New Jersey get damaged? )
    Do we want it?
    I resisted the urge to kick him in the nuts, and said that we would be "willing to look at it".
    "Great! It'll be here mid-week. I'll have Anthony arrange a new pickup date for you.

The ride home was somewhat less than pleasant. I thought about jumping from the RAV4 at speed, but I doubted that it would kill me.

So we are waiting for Anthony now... I may call him this morning, just to see if he has recovered yet!

So here we are: waiting for Anthony to call...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 08-29-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default What an absolute nightmare...

There's story behind all of this...
    (Grab a cup of coffee...)
    We got to the Dealership at 8:45 am (for our 9:00am appointment) on Saturday.
    We were met by our Salesman: Mickey. We toddled off into his office for about 20 minutes of congratulations, small-talk, and some useful advice.
    Mickey then passed us off to Cassandra. As near as I can figure: her job was to walk us through the building, and out to where the rig was parked.
    (I had no idea that this was such a labor-intensive process: keep track of the names...,)
    As "Walker" Cassandra got us out the door: she makes a grand sweeping gesture with her right arm, and says:
    "And THERE is your brand-new motorhome!"
    My Missus pulls out an equal volume, and in a voice best described as more serious than a heart attack; she says:
    "No it's not. It's the wrong color..."
    I am starting to hope for a major stroke or heart attack...
    Cassandra gets this "deer in the headlights" look in her eyes, and says:
    "Well since you're here: we might as well go take a look at it."
    Off we go... My sense of impending disaster is growing larger with each step that I take...
    We get to the rig, and out steps "Brian". His job is to show us all of the gear, gadgets, and gizmos, and explain how to work them.
    He says that there's a problem...
    (He has NO idea how big it is!)
    The rig sustained "damage" during the transport from Lakewood, N.J.
    I smile and say that it doesn't matter, because this isn't our rig!
    His jaw landed on the pavement... Cassandra stammered something about paperwork, and she sprinted back to the side door of the building. (I think that she locked it, after she dove inside!)
    We explained to "instructor Brian", that this rig wasn't the colors that we had ordered.
    He tried to re-assure us that mistakes are made, and can easily be fixed...
    "So when will we get OUR motorhome?", asks the Missus
    Brian looked at her and said:
    "Well since you're here, and you're such nice folks: I might as well show you all of the systems."
    (I thought that he was going to be eviscerated right in front of me!)
    But we started our tour of our wrong motorhome... To his credit: Brian did a really great job of explaining all of the stuff on the outside of it. I think that I could actually hook all of the right stuff up to the right places, and nothing would catch fire!
    Now we go on inside the rig...
    Apparently the backsplash behind the stove-top didn't like it's seat for the trip to the dealership. It broke loose, damaged the wall, the cabinetry that it slid down on it's way to the floor, and then it punched three holes into the flooring!
    Once the Missus started breathing again; Brian showed us all of the interior features and systems. He truly was the high point of the day!
    Suddenly, Anthony shows up... He's the finance guy.
    "I understand that there's a problem.", he says with a big smile.
    "Would you take this rig if we gave you a discount?"

If the Missus only had a gun with her... the World would have one less Anthony!
    Once she got done explaining to him that we wouldn't take this rig even if he wrote the check for it; he literally jumped from the top step, and beat Cassandra's time for getting back to the side door!
    Now that Brian knew that my Missus wasn't the happiest camper on the lot: he walked us back inside. Folks were trying to hide, or look very busy, as we walked back through the store. I think that they wondered who would be next in our sights!
    Mike: the fearless Sales Manager comes to the rescue of everybody.
    (I told you that there were lots of folks in this story! )
    "Don't worry folks: we've found you another rig!", he says with a big smile.
    "Is it the right color?", asks my Missus
    "Yes, it is", he re-assures her
    "Has it already been damaged?', she spits back at him.
    Mike takes a step back, swallows hard, and replies;
    "This one is coming from Ohio."
    (Do only the ones coming from New Jersey get damaged? )
    Do we want it?
    I resisted the urge to kick him in the nuts, and said that we would be "willing to look at it".
    "Great! It'll be here mid-week. I'll have Anthony arrange a new pickup date for you.

The ride home was somewhat less than pleasant. I thought about jumping from the RAV4 at speed, but I doubted that it would kill me.

So we are waiting for Anthony now... I may call him this morning, just to see if he has recovered yet!

So here we are: waiting for Anthony to call...
    This was difficult to read and I just couldn't imagine how you and your wife felt..! This dealership needs to be prepared to give you a discount for all of the trouble you both have endured throughout this process..!
    Keep usposted and I certainly hope it works out next week for y'all..!
    2016 RT-Ltd
    Bajaron swaybar
    Spyderpops trunk light
    Extra longbrake pedal
    brake modulator
    Rivco dual flag holder
    Lamonster Magic Mirrors
    missing belt guard
    Lamonster led fog lights
    Baker air wings
    Rivco brand footrest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It actually got to the point of being comical...
    Except for the Missus!

I'm confident that it will all get worked out.

In all seriousness: this isn't the most important thing going on...

My Dad is home from the hospital... for the last time.
    His heart is only functioning at 5% of capacity: he has to be on oxygen, and a medication being pumped into an artery that keeps his beat-up ticker ,beating...

The clock is ticking loudly...

Spyder Garage

How incredibly disappointing for you. One waits for it to come in, sets out from home full of joyous expectations & bam, downhill from there.

Here's hoping you can withdraw from this with no financial cost to you.

Glad the backsplash fell off during delivery & not while you were driving it home. So much for the workmanship. I recall a post in here saying the workmanship that goes into most of them leaves a lot to be desired.

Keep your chin up, take the wife out to dinner & start all over again. Or maybe now is the time to keep the money in the bank & no "glamping" for wifey.

Sorry to hear about your dad.
    Last edited by oldgoat; 08-29-2017 at 08:48 AM.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can't believe they didn't call to cancel the appointment. Even if it hadn't been damaged, I'd suspect they were attempting a bait-and-switch with you. Then they tried to pawn off a damaged unit, to boot!!

I'd not have even wasted time with the "Brian" part of the appointment. But, on the other hand, you'll go through it again when you real rig gets there, so you'll get to hear it again and maybe catch anything you missed the first time. And BTW, I'd make them do it all again for you.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also figured that a "Bait & Switch" was being played...
    When they got the paperwork out of New Jersey for the rig: they would have known that the color wasn't right. The build sheet is in the paperwork, and clearly lists how it's set up.
    On the first rig (the wrong one...): I was sent of copy of the M.S.O. That doesn't include the color, so I couldn't confirm much other than the V.I.N., and chassis from it.
    For this (hopefully!) new rig: I got the build sheet... It looks to be correct!

And since I've forgotten everything from last Saturday: you can "bet your bippie", that we'll be getting the full introduction again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldgoat View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dad.
    Thanks... He's one tough S.O.B., but nothing lasts forever.
    We've found that the best and worst part of all of this, is exactly the same.
    His mind is still as sharp as ever: he knows who is visiting, and he can carry on a very coherent conversation...
    But he also knows EXACTLY what is coming, and can only wish for it to get here sooner...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

His mind is still as sharp as ever: he knows who is visiting, and he can carry on a very coherent conversation...
    But he also knows EXACTLY what is coming, and can only wish for it to get here sooner...
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's never easy letting a parent go.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Bob, very sorry to hear about both your Dad and your Rig.

I can relate as I am currently caring for both my Mom and Dad (Dad is 91, Mom is 88). It's a tough battle sometimes for sure.

About the Rig; you (and even your wife) are MUCH nicer than I would have been. I would have never gotten farther than Cassandra The Walker. I would have looked at the Rig and simply said: "It's the wrong rig, I am leaving now. If you can have the right Rig to me in 8 Business Days I will complete the transaction, otherwise the deal is off." I'm sure they would have followed me all the way to my ride home spouting apologetic stuff....but when you are making a purchase of that magnitude you hold all the chips at the table.

Best of luck with the rest of the sale.

Spyder Garage

The rig has an in-house filtration system: should it be augmented with an additional in-line filter, that is mounted at the spigot?
    Bob,
    I have spent more time in my RVs in the last 25 years than in my home as I'm a traveling construction superintendent. When using a inline water filter be VERY careful as some of them are notorious for growing bacteria and can do more harm than good. I have been in every state except Road Island and Connecticut and have yet to use one. If the water taste bad I use bottled drinking water for my coffee and cooking. It's always easy to flush out your tanks when you move on.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice!