Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tip View Post
    Well the dealer has finally given up on my Spyder.
    I am supposed to get a new - in crate bike identical to the one I bought.
    The last few days have been very stressful trying to deal with BRP thru the dealer. Dealer claims that BRP will not take the bike
    back so they have to replace and take the loss???
    Anyone know for sure how that works?
    Wish me luck!
    Take the new bike and let the dealer sort it out with BRP. They know there is a problem. You bought a bike with supposedly no issues. Not your fault, not dealer fault. Don't let them poor mouth you.
    David

Spyder Garage

Default bike

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Take the new bike and let the dealer sort it out with BRP. They know there is a problem. You bought a bike with supposedly no issues. Not your fault, not dealer fault. Don't let them poor mouth you.
    David
    Thank you!
    [SIGPIC]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The last few days have been very stressful trying to deal with BRP thru the dealer. Dealer claims that BRP will not take the bike
    Wish me luck!
    Good luck!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

For all of the BRP shills out there, IMO not only are there design flaws in the bike, it would appear that QC is totally liking, these are virtually new bikes and they have ANY problems is total BS.

I haven't had any issues with my 2014RTS and I love it, but I will never buy another product from BRP. Maybe other manufactures have similar issues, but when you spend this kind of money, I am not willing to put up with these types of issues. Thanks to Google, you can research everything and save yourself a lot of grief. There are a lot of toys/options out there, rather than putting up with not knowing if you will get home or not, when you leave. I know that like mine, most people have never had an issue, BUT look at this thread, numerous people have this/a noise problem, and it would appear that the dealer starts at one end and replaces until it stops. The fact that BRP doesn't have a clue either, is pathetic, there aren't that many moving parts. This isn't the first year of production.

Rant over

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

A few weeks ago I posted on another thread about loud noise coming from my F3.
    Took it to dealer on 6/26/17 at which time they replaced the following:
    Changed rear wheel
    Replaced rear wheel bearings
    New rear tire
    Drive belt
    Belt tensioner
    Switched out alternator
    Replaced front and rear sprockets
    Nothing changed - so they suggested that I ride it some more to see how it reacted.
    Noise first started mid 40's - now makes noise between 19 and 23 mph - approx. 32/33 mph and from 38 to upper 50,s
    being very loud.
    500 miles later it is getting worse and dealer has contacted BRP. BRP suggests that I either
    get another bike or change the transmission assembly.
    My decision is to get the new trans.
    Anyone out there having similar problems?

I'm just curious , is the noise on a SM6 or an SE6 ? I have a 2015 F3S SM6 and I have a whine that comes and goes .

Ray

Spyder Garage

Default noise

Quote Originally Posted by rsbargiel View Post
    I'm just curious , is the noise on a SM6 or an SE6 ? I have a 2015 F3S SM6 and I have a whine that comes and goes .

Ray
    It is an SE6. They can't find the source of the whine.
    My last BRP product also!
    Thanks for the reply,
    Tip
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Default UGH

Wish me luck!
    This is exactly the BS I have been dealing with!!! I actually have a 2015 f3s sm6 that has been in the shop all this riding season, and most of several others. Mine does not have the noise but another phantom problem. This is the 6th time in the shop. They have replaced everything from top to bottom front to back... BRP SUCKS!!! for customer service. My dealer is finally offering me a 2017 f3s sm6 of a different color for $1500 out of my pocket... now I am reading this and I don't know what to do!!???

Spyder Garage

A few weeks ago I posted on another thread about loud noise coming from my F3.
    Took it to dealer on 6/26/17 at which time they replaced the following:
    Changed rear wheel
    Replaced rear wheel bearings
    New rear tire
    Drive belt
    Belt tensioner
    Switched out alternator
    Replaced front and rear sprockets
    Nothing changed - so they suggested that I ride it some more to see how it reacted.
    Noise first started mid 40's - now makes noise between 19 and 23 mph - approx. 32/33 mph and from 38 to upper 50,s
    being very loud.
    500 miles later it is getting worse and dealer has contacted BRP. BRP suggests that I either
    get another bike or change the transmission assembly.
    My decision is to get the new trans.
    Anyone out there having similar problems?
    I have a new 2017 F-3 Limited 2900 miles as of today no such problems, get a new one

Spyder Garage

Default noise from my '17 F3 w/1700 miles

Well I finally got my new F3 - only took 3 weeks!
    After a lot of run a round from BRP my dealer finally got me a new - in the crate - model the same as mine.
    The dealer even swapped all my accessories ( shocks - backrest - wiring for lights -painted grill screen and a few other things.
    Still not happy with BRP but the dealer has been super!
    Now to test it I am leaving ( with 2 other riders ) 9/10/17 for a 4000 mile trip. Mechanic said that I could do the 4000 before my first oil change.
    Thanks for all the support and interest,
    Tip
    [SIGPIC]

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not happy with BRP?????? new motorcycle?????????? I don't get it!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    I'm guessing he feels BRP fooled around changing out parts and pieces too much before throwing in the towel and replacing the bike. Definitely seems like a lemon.

What is amazing to me is that BRP doesn't seem to want these trikes back for research purposes. I worked for years in a manufacturing environment and when we had "excursions" like this in a product we would ask for the failing part back and then put it in the hands of our best techs to see if they could find the problem.

Spyder Garage

Default new bike

With out being a smarta** I guess maybe you would have just given the bike back and said Thank You!
    I can't afford that and they sure as He** aren't going to give my money back.
    New bike with new warranty seemed to me to be my best option. I will not buy another Spyder unless BRP gets their act together!
    Tip
    [SIGPIC]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Good luck.
    Last edited by Saluda; 09-08-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Did they ever tell you what the original rear wheel had that caused the noise?
    NO but it fixed it, an its nice now.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Well, I was able to take our F3 to a dealership, I explained the noise that both, my wife, and myself heard. I asked them to check the rear wheel bearings, as well as the front sprocket. They took the F3 for a 10 mile ride, they said they didn't hear any strange noises. They said they checked the rear wheel bearings and found nothing, no play, or anything. They did align the belt and checked the tension, said it was loose, so they tightened it, and they said they checked the front sprocket, found no problems, or rust color, and they said they checked the torque on the front sprocked bolt. So after getting back home, I went for a short ride, approx. 5 miles, I did not hear the same noise as my wife and myself heard before, so we will see, anyway, I thought I would report what was done.......Clint
    2015 F3 , OEM None Black

Spyder Garage

Default Trans noise

Talked to mechanic at dealer's this evening.
    They replaced my transmission and now it still has the loud noise!
    I told them that per our agreement that if this fix did not work that I would accept their offer for a new bike.
    Mechanic says he has a call in to BRP and will call me as soon as he hears from them.
    Maybe BRP can find the problem in their shop.
    Will keep the forum posted,
    Tip
    Lots of good thoughts on this thread. My F3L is quite when moving but putting it in gear or going into reverse make me cringe most of the time! It "CLUNKS" when shifting from N to 1st or into R. My dealership says "that's normal, they all do it" but I don't believe it and have not heard any others that are this noisey. Every once in a while it shifts so smooth and quite and I love it, but not that often. I'm already thinking of buying the extended warranty so it will be covered if it blows up and I just bought it in July, 8k miles ago.
    Any suggestions or thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpdrDvr View Post
    Lots of good thoughts on this thread. My F3L is quite when moving but putting it in gear or going into reverse make me cringe most of the time! It "CLUNKS" when shifting from N to 1st or into R. My dealership says "that's normal, they all do it" but I don't believe it and have not heard any others that are this noisey. Every once in a while it shifts so smooth and quite and I love it, but not that often. I'm already thinking of buying the extended warranty so it will be covered if it blows up and I just bought it in July, 8k miles ago.
    Any suggestions or thoughts?
    I believe they all do this ,as mine does every time at start up . After the first shift ( 1st or reverse ) all is good.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Default belt whine

Both my 2017 RT & F3-S purchased new earlier this year had the same straight cut gear whine [ quite loud ] at around 40 km/hr & again at 70 km/hr. No whine in the RT until about 400 klms from new. Took it to the dealer & the tech heard the whine & said if it gets worse bring it back. Some 1500 klms later & sick of the whine [ Hadn't got any worse ], I dropped the belt tension from around 230ftlbs [from the dealer] to the as used 160ftlbs by BK911. Not only is the dreaded belt vibration disappeared, the annoying whine has 98% gone as well.

The F3-S had the same whine right from the 1st kilometer, but only at approx 75km/hr. Checked the belt tension & it was around 240ftlbs. Tensioned the belt to 160ftlbs & again the belt vibration has gone, along with the whine.

So, if your machine has the whine/belt vibration or both, maybe you should do as i did.

Spyder Garage

Default clunk and whine

I got 2015 F3s SM6

I have both of those "issues" - loud clunk when shifting from N to 1st and mechanical whine when riding. I asked around about the clunk - I was told this is normal. Regarding the whine - I assumed this is just normal gearbox sound, but if you guys are saying this is due to the belt tension, I'll have my dealer check it.

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

I have a similar noise on my 2015 RT. It's a whining type noise that gets fairly loud at 78 to 80 KPH. Here is the interesting part: when I put on my trailer hitch on and torque the bolt to specs, the whining noise shift to 68 to 70kph (with no trailer). I suspect that its a rear wheel bearing issue.

Spyder Garage

Motorcycle gearboxes are constant mesh,The bang is just the wet clutch plates getting "stuck" together by surface tension created by the oil film on the plates and causing the clutch to stay engaged. engine oil is much thicker when cold, so there's plenty of surface tension to be had! you still get the clunk when hot but not as bad.
    2017 f3-s daytona , circuit yellow metallic