Thread: F3T CB radio??

Spyder Garage

Default F3T CB radio??

I have seen all the RT and they have the PTT button. Im doing lots of ridding with friends who owns Gold Wings. They all talked to each other with CB radio. Can we install a CB radio on a F3T?? i have seen the parts for RT but nothing so far in my search for F3T.. Thank You..

Daniel...

Spyder Garage

The BRP kit is pricy and frankly does not work all that well. A mobile Midland unit can be mounted and integrated into a SENA headset system for much less and work far better.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The BRP kit is pricy and frankly does not work all that well.
    They work just fine.......IF installed properly.

All the ones in our riding group work just as good, or better in some cases, than the factory ones on Gold Wings.

But at $835 just for the kit....then plus labor to install......might be beyond "pricey" for some people.

Spyder Garage

Go to the vender page here in spyderlovers, Providence-Spyder-Accessories has a CB mount kit for a midland CB#75-822 that can be used on your bike.

Michael
    W5MWI

USN Vet - RM1
    Member: VFW & American Legion

2020 Spyder RT-L - Jupiter Metallic Blue Chrome

Smoke68

Default After Market CB Radio

I have a 2016 F3 Limited and had the same problem you are having. I found a radio that meets all my expectations and more.
    It's a J&M Model JMCB 2003K SL It is a 40 channel CB with weather bands. It has plug ins for MP3 Player/Ipods/Sat radio/GPS.
    There Is another Model If you have a passenger it is J&M JMCB 2003KDU It is the same unit but it has a second plug for an intercom
    to your passenger as well as letting them here the CB and music.
    The unit mounts on the left handle bar and has a left index finger push to talk lever like the Goldwing so it is easy to use even with gloves on.
    I have my Garmin GPS connected to mine and I play music from it and also the voice commands from the GPS Cancels any CB traffic that
    might be coming through at the time.
    The unit does require helmet headsets it does not have speakers. and I recommend using J&M headsets. I have friends that tried saving
    a few dollars by trying something cheaper and that is just what they got cheaper quality.
    I bought my unit at Sierra Electronics, Troy OH 1-800-338-6938 or type their name on the web. If you call them they are very knowledgable
    and well answer all you questions. Right now the CB units and Headsets are on Sale.
    I know this is a book but I hope it will be helpful.

Smoke68

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have a J&M similar to that on my Vulcan and it works very good.
    It is not THAT much cheaper than the Spyder one.
    The Spyder one is also made by J&M.

I would have moved mine over to the new Spyder but it wouldn't integrate with the radio and GPS as good.

Smoke68

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    I have a J&M similar to that on my Vulcan and it works very good.
    It is not THAT much cheaper than the Spyder one.
    The Spyder one is also made by J&M.

I would have moved mine over to the new Spyder but it wouldn't integrate with the radio and GPS as good.
    Easy Rider,

I agree with
    you 100% if a F3 radio was the same as your RT. I have a 2016 F3 Limited that I added the rear top case with the rear speakers. It required a new wiring harness to the rear of the bike, a power amp because the radio did not have enough power to supply the rear speakers and then the dealer had to re-program the cpu so the radio would recognize the amp and the rear speakers. BRP does not make a plug and play CB, GPS or intercom system for the F3 yet. The only option for Daniel or others is the after market world like J&M if he wants these options on his F3.
    I am not a salesman for J&M or Sierra Electronics I just have had excellent results with the equipment and the sales personnel.

Smoke68