Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default F3-T Questions Re: Tire Pressures and Frunk

After just installing my FOBO system and using my LaMonster Air Pump for the first time, my air pressure on the front tires (cold) is 17.2 per the FOBO's after setting the air pump to 18.0. Is it normal for the two readings to be that different? (Perhaps I didn't remove the air pump from the tire quickly enough?)

Also, my FOBO reading on the rear tire is 29.2. My target for the rear is 30, so I didn't bother to apply the air pump to it.

So, I'm curious what air pressures you guys run your tires at? I have a 2016 F3-T with stock tires, and I weigh 220 lbs if that matters. And I never ride two up.

Also, on a totally unrelated note - Can you guys actually fit your helmet into the frunk? Granted, I have a large head so maybe that's my problem, but there seems to be no way of fitting my 4XL HJC IS-Max II into the frunk. BRP states that the frunk should hold your helmet. Does it fit yours?

And finally, also frunk-related - how do you remove the frunk insert on an F3-T to get to the battery? I know that the dealer showed me, but I guess that I suffered from "information overload" while she was doing it.

I've only had the F3-T for six weeks so things are still new to me.......

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Also, on a totally unrelated note - Can you guys actually fit your helmet into the frunk? Granted, I have a large head so maybe that's my problem, but there seems to be no way of fitting my 4XL HJC IS-Max II into the frunk. BRP states that the frunk should hold your helmet. Does it fit yours?

And finally, also frunk-related - how do you remove the frunk insert on an F3-T to get to the battery? I know that the dealer showed me, but I guess that I suffered from "information overload" while she was doing it.

I've only had the F3-T for six weeks so things are still new to me.......

Thanks!
    I have an XL HJC CL-16 that fits just fine, face-shield up and strap toward the rear of the trike.

To remove the insert, just pull the four push-pins at the four "corners" of the insert.

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

I don't have an F3 but offer two suggestions:
    1. Re: tire pressure, start with the manufacturer's recommendations (F) 15 psi +/- 2 psi, (R) 28 psi +/- 2 psi (pg. 163 of your owner's manual). Vary pressures to suit your individual riding style. Exceed manufacturer's recommend ranges at your own risk.

2. Re: battery, read pg. 121-122 of your owner's manual.

Good luck!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Newbert,

Those pressures are about right for stock F3-T. Yes, you will lose a little psi removing the pump.

I can NOT fit my 3/4 Schubert helmet (3XL) in the frunk. The 3xl has a larger shell than the XL/2XL which apparently DOES fit. Keep trying all the different angles, but it is quite probable that your 4xl will not fit.

To get to the battery, open the Frunk, remove the black cover piece under the windscreen, remove the 4 push/pull pins in each corner of the basket and lift out basket.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 08-07-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default helmet into the frunk?

I can NOT fit my Full S2 Schuberth helmet (3xl) in the frunk. The wife's HJC CL-17 fits just fine.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Frunk liner is easy to remove as above states, first remove the top cover by pulling at both ends. Should pop right off. and then the 4 pins that hold the frunk liner in. Take your time so you don't scratch anything.

My helmet fits fine in the Frunk but I wear an xs Arai. I also purchased the Lidlox so when the frunk is full, I have somewhere else to secure my helmet.