Spyder Garage

Default Finally got comfy

Been fighting numb butt on my 2014 rts....got an air hawk seat cushion....never was able to get it to get it to help much, tried differant air inflations , still no help. Went to the beads....some help but still not completely comfy.......inter the wife.....she took me to jo- anns fabric store, bought a 15x16 x1 1/2 piece of high density foam...pulled the bladder from the airhawk, traced around it on the foam..cut it with an electric knife and put it in the airhawk cover...walla, instant comfort. Wow what a differance. I can go 2..2 1/2 before stopping . in the end a $5 piece of foam was the solution. Thought this might help others on here with numb butt.

Spyder Garage

Default Me Too!!!

Bought Alaska Leather butt pad but it did not work much. Went to Hobby Lobby and bought a 22X22X2 foam pad and cut to fit. Put it under the AL butt pad and it worked. Expensive it not always the best.
    2015 RT Ltd SE6
    Intense Red
    BaJa Ron Torsion Bar
    BaJa Ron Shock Adjusters
    Premium Driver Seat Back Rest
    Diamond R Spyder Armrests and cup holders
    Wheel Aligment Squared Away
    Trailer Hitch Value Accessories
    Harbor Freight trailer black
    Stebel Nautilus Compact Mini Black
    139 decibel air horn
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Awesome idea

Quote Originally Posted by Headwrench View Post
    Been fighting numb butt on my 2014 rts....got an air hawk seat cushion....never was able to get it to get it to help much, tried differant air inflations , still no help. Went to the beads....some help but still not completely comfy.......inter the wife.....she took me to jo- anns fabric store, bought a 15x16 x1 1/2 piece of high density foam...pulled the bladder from the airhawk, traced around it on the foam..cut it with an electric knife and put it in the airhawk cover...walla, instant comfort. Wow what a differance. I can go 2..2 1/2 before stopping . in the end a $5 piece of foam was the solution. Thought this might help others on here with numb butt.

Showed my wife your post going to try the same thing with my airhawk but with memory foam,, thanks for the idea

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OR MAYBE THIS

They have lots of different sizes and thicknesses of GEL pad material on E-bay for very reasonable prices .....Mike

Spyder Garage

I bought a memory foam seat cushion at Costco in the office area. It is not waterproof. I have an Ultimate seat but if I am on a longer trip I take it with me and alternate shifts between gas stops with it. I think it helps me stay comfortable by changing pressure points where I sit throughout the day.

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Headwrench View Post
    I just did this very thing a few minutes ago. read your post and headed for Fabric on a Roll here in town. I've spent $390.00 on this seat since last winter and I could only get about 30 minutes out of it. maybe the $5.57 I spent today on the foam will help.

Spyder Garage

Default Worth a try

I hope it works for you as it did for me. Best $ i have spent on comfort. Good luck

Spyder Garage

Default Well done...

Love the DIY solutions to the many problems. After all it is a personal thing but will help many with a similar problem...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I am the master of Monkey Butt

Learn from the master of Monkey Butt.

Walmart camping cushions cut to fit nicely inside my 12"x18" Airhawk. Amazon 1" thick 16"x 24" stiffer cushion cut in a way to flatten out my seat by making the seat wider (side by side AND back to front). Remember children.....the U-shape I cut out of the stiff foam is to do away with the limited seat cushion due to the gas tank hump thus assists in making for a flatter seat.

Total cost was $20.00 USD or $500.00 Canadian....lol.

Take heed children as I am the Grand Master of Butt Hurt!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    I just did this very thing a few minutes ago. read your post and headed for Fabric on a Roll here in town. I've spent $390.00 on this seat since last winter and I could only get about 30 minutes out of it. maybe the $5.57 I spent today on the foam will help.
    should've kept my $5.57!

Spyder Garage

Default was this air hawk ( R ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by quasi View Post
    should've kept my $5.57!
    no good uhhhh! ? could you post a photo of what you have and tried ?

Spyder Garage

Did you put the bladder back in with the high density foam or leave it out.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

tried it both ways, foam and bladder and just the foam. back to just the bladder. older airhawk 2. wife and I decided we're just gonna invest in a good seat this winter when it's white out. so for the time being we're just gonna deal with it. the seat is my only gripe with the bike.