Thread: F3T Top Case

Spyder Garage

Default F3T Top Case

I have a 2016 F3T and the dealer put a top case on it when I bought it! I now have 1000 miles on it! My issue is the orange screen comes on telling me the case is open but it is shut!
    Any thoughts!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    I have a 2016 F3T and the dealer put a top case on it when I bought it! I now have 1000 miles on it! My issue is the orange screen comes on telling me the case is open but it is shut!
    Any thoughts!

check your wiring and the pins to be sure they are not crimped
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I suspect your problem is similar to one that intermittently seems to affect my new Spyder, a 2017 F3 Ltd. with integral top case. It seems that sometimes my latch doesn't always close tight, or that the sensing system doesn't register that it is closed, even though we try to close it snugly and think we have. Then, the orange light comes on as we prepare to ride. Doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, we just re-open, then firmly re-close the top. The warning light disappears. Think it may have something to do with design or operation of the latch/signal mechanism. Not a big enough worry, or often enough at this point to do much about; but I'm monitoring it as we go.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default Top case bug

I have had the case on for 3200 miles and it's starting to have the same issue.

When we were on vacation I put a small bandaid on the pin going down on the switch and it kept the light from coming on. It could be the switch moving or the wearing down of the plastic pin, I haven't had time to trouble shoot it any further.

Gary

All I want to do is ride!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soaring hawk View Post
    I have had the case on for 3200 miles and it's starting to have the same issue.

When we were on vacation I put a small bandaid on the pin going down on the switch and it kept the light from coming on. It could be the switch moving or the wearing down of the plastic pin, I haven't had time to trouble shoot it any further.

Gary
    Similar to what we did. Added a piece of foam tape to the pin the pushes down on the contact. Problem disappeared. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It’s a systemic problem. The latch is bad. Your can put a screw in there to keep the latch up.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6