Spyder Garage

Default spring/gear position sensor

are you guys getting this replaced even if you HAD no problems yet. I have to get inspection and was wondering if I should tell dealer to change it if they will do it, if I had no problems...thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Gear

I was told by my dealer that mine had not experienced all the symthoms of the service bullet however, they (at there expense) did go ahead and replaced mine.. The only noticable difference is the length of the spring,, the new one was much longer then the original one that came in the bike.. I only experience strange shifting maybe twice but I went ahead and had it done since they offered it to me, my spyder has not missed a beat since it's been done... I would mention it to them if you are having some issuie's with it though.. You never know I guess.

Joe

Spyder Garage

As we speak my bike is in the shop having the gear position sensor and spring replaced along with the reservoir cap and brake pads. While my bike has not experienced any major shifting problems my dealer suggested I do the fixes anyways. I tend to agree. I think of it as preventative maintenenace.
    HAPPY 2008 SE5 OWNER 1" BRP Riser, NMN 3" risers, NMN Triple Play & Tail Light, Kewlmetal Mirror Extensions, Evoluzione Powerbus, BRP 23" Touring Windshield on CHAD Bracket, Ride-On in tires, J&M Integrator, Gerbings Dual Zone Temp Controller & Heated Gloves, 2 Dash Mounted 12V outlets, Kewlmetal Highway Brackets & Kuryakyn pegs, Trunk Spring Mod, Vista Cruise Throttle Lock, Kuyrakyn L.E.D. Battery Guage

Spyder Garage

I don't have an SE but I think there's a software upgrade that goes with those.

Quote Originally Posted by rleathen View Post
    As we speak my bike is in the shop having the gear position sensor and spring replaced along with the reservoir cap and brake pads. While my bike has not experienced any major shifting problems my dealer suggested I do the fixes anyways. I tend to agree. I think of it as preventative maintenenace.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

isn't this suppose to fix steering issues? My dealer said no that has nothing to do with that and there is no bulliten for the steering

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

when I had my SE in for the 600 mile I replaced the spring (it was 10 bucks covered by warrent) becasue of the surging at stop. Must improved. Did not do anything but the spring. My dealer said that every SE he has sold came back to have the spring changed

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post
    isn't this suppose to fix steering issues? My dealer said no that has nothing to do with that and there is no bulliten for the steering
    From what has been posted, there have been a variety of steering issues and causes, including noise on the CANBUS system caused by faulty gear position sensors. If you are having trouble with intermittent steering problems, stop riding and have the dealer address them right away! If you have no power assited steering, it is less dangerous, but still should be addressed. If you have experienced no problems, then stop worrying and ride, IMO.
    -Scotty