Thread: NYS Road Test

Spyder Garage

Default NYS Road Test

I have just recently purchased a Spyder. Does anyone know what NYS requires on a road test with a Spyder? I have heard K- turn and parallel park. Others have said just show you understand and have control riding.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tgarvey6 View Post
    I have just recently purchased a Spyder. Does anyone know what NYS requires on a road test with a Spyder? I have heard K- turn and parallel park. Others have said just show you understand and have control riding.
    Are you taking the road test with the Spyder or with a 2-wheeler? I ask because I think that the requirements are different for each. (ie - Years ago at least, the 2 wheel test required a Figure 8). N

ote that taking the test with the Spyder will not get you the full Motorcycle endorsement, if that matters to you. You'll get an endorsement that only allows you to ride a 3 wheeler.

Spyder Garage

I am taking it on the Spyder. I'm aware of the restriction to 3 wheelers only. I have no plans to ride a 2 wheeler. I know the requirements for a 2 wheeler but there is nothing in writing about a 3 wheeler test.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tgarvey6 View Post
    I am taking it on the Spyder. I'm aware of the restriction to 3 wheelers only. I have no plans to ride a 2 wheeler. I know the requirements for a 2 wheeler but there is nothing in writing about a 3 wheeler test.
    when I took mine it was just like a car 3 point turn, parallel park

Spyder Garage

Default Road test

When I took mine in 2015 in Port Jervis NY it was the following
    Left turn
    Right turn
    2 Circles
    2 Figure 8's
    Back to start area.

Spyder Garage

I took mine in seneca falls ny last august. Basic down the street , right circle, left circle, right figure 8, left figure 8 then a couple right, left turns going back to the start. No 3 point which i had practiced. Did it in a pretty good rain. No mercy from tester. Lol. I ve had a serious leg injury. Couldn t pass a 2 wheel test. License restricted to 3 wheel only. No problem. If u can ride the Spyder u shouldn t have any problem with the test.

Spyder Garage

I took the 2 day course that BRP has to offers. The one I went to was at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy NY, but they offer it all over. Once the course is completed they give you a certificate to take to DMV and DMV gives you the license. No need for a road test.

Spyder Garage
    2010 RTSM5

2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Good information about testing.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red