Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Does my 2017 F3T have a heat problem?

I traded my 2015 F3S for a 2017 F3T Not sure if I have a problem or not but I am feeling a lot more heat on my right leg from mid thigh down to my ankle. Before I call the dealer I was wondering if this is normal on the F3T. Has anyone traded an F3S for an F3T and experienced the same thing. Its like I am back on my 2012 RS all over again. Felt very little heat on the F3S and that was mostly pavement heat coming up off the road.

Spyder Garage

I have a pre-muffler delete pipe on my F3-T and have no problem with heat coming up.
    Len at Pitbull recommended it to prevent any problems with heat.
    2017 F3-T SM6, Intense Pearl Red, SpyderPops Run/Turn/Brake, Baja Ron Sway Bar and Skid Plate, 21 Inch Tinted F4, Signature Light, Tricled LED Headlights Yokohoma S-Drive, Ultimate Tall Boy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Question: Are you wearing different riding gear?
    There's no difference in the radiator location or front bodywork...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I traded my 2015 F3S for a 2017 F3T Not sure if I have a problem or not but I am feeling a lot more heat on my right leg from mid thigh down to my ankle. Before I call the dealer I was wondering if this is normal on the F3T. Has anyone traded an F3S for an F3T and experienced the same thing. Its like I am back on my 2012 RS all over again. Felt very little heat on the F3S and that was mostly pavement heat coming up off the road.
    My wife was complaining about the same thing, I just installed the cat delete pipe in mine yesterday. I didn't like the sound without the baffle so I removed it again and installed the baffle, to me it doesn't sound any different, but I lost a few pounds by removing it and though I haven't had it out for a ride yet, I know it has to be cooler without the cat under the right rear peg.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Question: Are you wearing different riding gear?
    There's no difference in the radiator location or front bodywork...
    yes same riding gear same quick road trips. It is quite noticeable difference.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 F3T and its all stock nothing changed on engine or exhaust and I don't really notice any extreme heat, my legs are out pretty far on position 5 and floorboards.
    If you want a leg roaster try a Indian roadmaster ,bought a 2017 and when you get off after a ride it feels like your right pant leg just came out of the dryer. Love both rides tho.
    Sold - 2021 RT Limited, Petrol Blue, trailer hitch.

Traded in - 2019 F3 Limited, Blue/Chrome: with
    Baja Ron swaybar, 19” tinted Freedom Windshield, Lamonster LED headlights, IPS Fog Light Kit, trailer hitch, Lamonster Mirror Locks, Ultimate TallBoy Seat.

Sold - 2014 Time-Out Camper

traded in - 2017 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Sold - 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DTC
    Sold - 2017 Indian Roadmaster
    Traded in - 2016 F3T

And a couple hundred other bikes over the years!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I do notice a Slight amount of heat on my right foot and leg. I think in my case that it's just the heat from the radiator.

Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black