Spyder Garage

Default which hitch rack to buy

Good Morning. Beautiful day in Chicagoland, hope everyone rides today.

Well I installed myShowChrome Trailor hitch. It mounts on the swing arm. Do others mount differently to give the hitch a smoother ride?

I'm trying to decide on what rack to put on it. I don't want a monster rack and I'm loolking at these 3. The mount looks the same but does anyone know if the 2nd two will fit my hitch?

· https://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-Accessories-52-828-Universal/dp/B00HYYNQTM rack $83.21
    Generous 16" x 10-1/2" Platform

https://www.amazon.com/Rivco-Products-Quick-detach-Trailer-GL18008/dp/B00M9MK750/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_263_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&re fRID=YWPTTGXX321CBCP9VS76 rivco 17.7 x 15.1 x 2.1 inches 169.95

https://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-7643-Trailer-Hitch-Rack/dp/B001J8PX4K/ref=pd_sbs_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001J8PX4K &pd_rd_r=70KZZPR5JFJMJC53C60Q&pd_rd_w=XGaVC&pd_rd_ wg=yoAP6&psc=1&refRID=70KZZPR5JFJMJC53C60Q kuryakin 18 inch width x 12 inch 143.99

Any other sugesstions?

The Doc Humphries rack looks pretty big? How much is it?

Thanks, Mike

2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JT makes a rear rack that attaches directly to the swing arm...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

That looks nice and the rack is big but not too big (12x24). I wonder if I could mount the rack on my ShowChrome hitch. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

I like the show chrome better. Looks like it would be easy to attach straps or bungee cord. Allow has a rased edge.
    I have one similar to revco, had to drill additional holes on sides to attach bungees.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just remember anything you put on there will move with the swing arm over bumps etc..Better tie things down well and secure before any trip

The show chrome one I modified to my 622 trailer and holds a cooler perfectly.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I actually have the Doc Humphries rack and pack. It required adding some shims to the side of the show chrome hitch, but it works great.
    That is what I had on my RT. I just installed the same hitch on my F3T and intend on using the rack with it as well.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

What are the measurements on the Doc Humphries rack and pack and what does it cost? Thanks, Mike
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

There is also Pakitrack:IMG_5743.jpgIMG_5745.jpg I found good deal on used one from a goldwing. Bag has as much space as frunk & a sliding lock bar underneath keeps it on rack, is also quick detach.
    https://www.pakitrak.com/index.php?d...&category_id=3

IMG_5659.jpg On RtIMG_5673.jpg IMG_5674.jpg personally I still like Doc's more, but the price was right on what I got whet I could. To answer some of your question about Doc's fyi it is big enough to carry some pizza. There was a thread on it here Ive lost my link to it tho.
    Last edited by Bfromla; 07-30-2017 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Pic

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Because of the beating a rack will take, RIVCO also sells an additional support arm that Spyders are encouraged to use. This will give you a solid structure but will push the price over $200. Check out their website for additional farkle opportunities.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    What are the measurements on the Doc Humphries rack and pack and what does it cost? Thanks, Mike
    The height is 5", length is about 15" with a dished area for the tire, and the width can be anything from 24" to 42".
    We cannot compete price-wise since ours is $425, but we like the positive forward placement (sits much farther forward that any of the others) and it allows you to not even knows it's there on twisties.
    If you get the standard 36" width we have a water resistant bag that mounts on it and works very well.

Make no mistake. Each one of these is custom made by hand by me. The first one we ever did is still in perfect condition after 3 years on the road.

From the time of ordering, delivery is usually 15-30 days, possible longer depending on rallies and work load.

Spyder Garage

this is what I got for my RT...easy install and looks great!!

Seal Tote Rack $220

This Powder coated, steel rack is perfect for a cooler, an overnight “Carry On” bag or for those quick trips to the store. Or just anytime you need some extra carrying capacity but don’t need your trailer. How about that quick, fun “overnight” trip?
    A snap to install or remove, it will not interfere with your ability to still pull your trailer. To my knowledge, it is the only Rear Tray that can be used WITH the trailer hooked up.
    Tote Dimensions: 12″ x 18″

You will also need one of these.

Universal Hitch Mount Bracket - $130

The SEAL UNIVERSAL HITCH MOUNT is an “easy-to-install” platform from which to mount one of the ever growing family of SEAL CREATIVE CONCEPTS (SCC) “Easy Mount” Spyder accessories.
    Start With This – Then Attach Accessories!

Does not require the Wiring Harness

2017 F3T Black
    2016 RT LTD Black - Traded
    2015 Indian Chief Vintage Red