Spyder Garage

Default Can't retain last playlist using Iphone and dongle

I have a 2015 RT Ltd. with the iphone/ipod dongle, I am using an old
    Iphone 5 connected to the dongle for my music.
    Here is my question. I have several playlists for my music.
    Whenever I start the Spyder, it resorts back to the general
    Music selection containing all of my songs and does not display
    the last setting for a specific Playlist.
    I, of course, keep forgetting to spend the time to go through the settings
    back to my desired playlist every time I start up the Spyder and once
    going you cannot do this unless you pull over to make the changes.

Is there a method so that it remembers where you left off?

It would be great if you could just speak into the system to ask for
    a specific playlist or song, similar to what you can do with Siri on your
    Iphone.

Thanks,

Bob S

Spyder Garage

None that I know of. This is a function of both the phone and the radio. The radio cannot store the last playlist and ask for it again.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I ONLY use my IPOD Classic on my '13 RTL with the BT Dongle, it always stays on the same playlist, I have at least 6 playlists on mine. I too don't like the have to stop to switch playlists, but have finally got the hang of it....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is the iPhone a dedicated music player or do you use it as a phone as well. Often other applications, particularly stuff like iHeart & Pandora will cause the music player to reset.

If it is dedicated and you leave it plugged into your bike all the time, is it running down the phone's battery? When the iPhone reboots it will loose it's place in a playlist.

Also you said you were playing through a dongle. Is this a Bluetooth dongle? If so, the phone's music settings are completely independent of the byke.

I have an old dedicated iPod plugged into the connector in back and it remembers exactly where it was each time I start the byke.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 RT-S and use an iTouch plugged into the back and the BRP bluetooth dongle. When switched to ipod, it is always reverts to the general "play all" option verses the last playlist used. BUT you can switch playlists though the multi-switch without having to pull over. You just need good eyes to see which one is selected.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Is the iPhone a dedicated music player or do you use it as a phone as well. Often other applications, particularly stuff like iHeart & Pandora will cause the music player to reset.

If it is dedicated and you leave it plugged into your bike all the time, is it running down the phone's battery? When the iPhone reboots it will loose it's place in a playlist.

Also you said you were playing through a dongle. Is this a Bluetooth dongle? If so, the phone's music settings are completely independent of the byke.

I have an old dedicated iPod plugged into the connector in back and it remembers exactly where it was each time I start the byke.

This Iphone is only used for music. I turn off the Dongle whenever I am finished riding or else the battery in the Dongle wears down. The Iphone also turns off when I shut down.

It is a bluetooth Dongle
    Thanks for your help.

Spyder Garage

I am electronically challenged. I have recently purchased a 2015 RT-S. Can an adaptor be purchased so that the dongle in the trunk can be connected to my IPhone 8 fire wire connection? Can you then charge and access the audio stored on the phone? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Parkland View Post
    I am electronically challenged. I have recently purchased a 2015 RT-S. Can an adaptor be purchased so that the dongle in the trunk can be connected to my IPhone 8 fire wire connection? Can you then charge and access the audio stored on the phone? Thanks
    Don’t know bout the FireWire but an Apple lighting to 30 pin adapter does work fine on my 8+ For charge & playlist. Yes defaults to general library @ every shut down. THANK YOU FINLESS- https://youtu.be/eqf6LOVsS2k additional note some menus not available in motion ***must be complete stop (most red lights not long enough to reasonable (safely)attempt parking lots before you get on road advisable. **also is dash does not get chance to do full boot up it tends to disable audio display in settings. Audio will still play but will have to go into audio control to skip songs & or reengage audio display in settings ** least on my 13. (Annoying ,just be aware)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights