Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i'll be attending the Honda Goldwing wing ding as a vendor this year in grapevine,tx I've talked to one guy from minneasota that will be there and he does these types of conversions so i'll see how the goldwingers really like this or hate it. by the way if you all don't have plans for labor day weekend aug 30 thru sept 2 come to texas and check out all the vendors that will be there I'm excited about it and nervous at the same time I just hope I have enough stock of merlins blood to support the wingers. was told by other vendors the crowd capacity range from 4-12k a lot more then spyderfest. well I'll take plenty of pics and post on fb as event continues hope to see some spyders there I was told by the event coordinator that spyders were welcomed openly to this event.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

I'm wondering about any added stress or adverse reaction these kits may have on the frame and steering neck area of a Wing, especially over the long term. Probably not an issue, but I still prefer a Spyder that has been designed from the ground up as a reverse trike, but I imagine if I already had a Wing and much $$$ invested in it I too would look at a conversion.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Gold Wing Trike Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerAnimal View Post
    The Sturgis conversion isn't half bad looking.
    Having been fortunate enough to own five Gold Wings, I'm inclined to think that a trike conversion such as pictured here initially, is an abomination. Homely doesn't begin to describe it. The Sturgis conversion, is a little better, but only by a hair. Personally, I'd rather have a trike made by BRP, from the ground up. Built as a trike. But each to his or her own.
    Last edited by WilderThomas; 07-26-2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: used wrong conversion company

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To each his own...

Whatever floats Your Goat.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

when I was 16 I took my Dad's Goldwing for a joy ride but when coming back into the driveway, I dropped it and couldn't get it upright again so I ran into the house and pretended nothing happened

To this day my Dad thinks someone was trying to steal it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you want us to keep your secret: place the money in an unmarked envelope, and drop it in the trash container at the...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-26-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ugly. Probably loose the ABS in the conversion also.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that some of these conversions do allow you to keep the ABS system.
    I think that the styling... deficiencies ... are the result of Honda's radiator location. It almost appears as if some of the conversions are trying to allow for some air to still get to it.
    "Smart money"; would have the system relocated to a spot where airflow need not impinge upon the styling.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't understand, you guys are knocking it strictly for looks. am i the only one who would care about quality & reliability?

Spyder Garage

With the ugly front it pastes onto a goldwing should it possibly be called the pelican ?

[

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My opinion & test rides

I've had the opportunity to ride both the Motor Trike and the R18 conversions...

The R18 is a TOP notch ride and handles GREAT...You definitely want the "easy steer" option...

The Motor Trike leaves a lot to be desired in handling...darts around on every little tar strip on the road...you cannot take your eyes off the road...steers very hard...

I was on the edge of getting a R18 back in late 2013 but BRP came out with 1330 and the 6 speed trans...

Honda reliability and now maybe the DCT on the new wings may make these a sweeter deal...But still not a factory built reverse trike...