Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Default I had Allstate

and was paying almost $1500.00 a year for my 2010 RTSE5, I switched to Gieco and now my payments are $13.60/month. The big ticket in Michigan is the "no fault" requirement.
    I am now in Florida and they do not require insurance for motorcycles, thus the lower insurance costs.

Quote Originally Posted by adzgrrrl View Post
    I know there are lots of variables that can play into what a person's insurance costs are, but..... do yall have any ideas why insurance on my 2017 Spyder F3 would be more than DOUBLE what my husbands policy is on his 2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse? (same coverage/deductible/etc) The value of his Indian is greater than the F3 and it has a bigger engine than my F3. WTF?

FYI: This is through Allstate. I've questioned this and had our agent run the numbers 3 times. Still the same quote. We just switched from Progressive to Allstate because they were MUCH LESS overall. But it still hacks me off that my bike is so much more expensive to insure than the husbands. : /

sincerely... Pouty McPoutsalot

Spyder Garage

Default Strange....

Insurance is just strange...I live in the same city as adzgrrrl and use Geico. No MSF course for me. I have a 2017 RT-S and mid-range coverage as follows:

Bodily Injury Liability
    Property Damage Liability
    Uninsured Motorist
    Comprehensive
    Collision
    Towing and Labor

I pay $702/year....which I felt was "reasonable". The Collision coverage makes up over 1/2 of the total. I went with $1,000 on the Comprehensive and Collision deductible's because that made the most sense for me.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am in the process of adding another bike to my livery and thought it would be interesting to ask for a quote in addition to the RTL I have now. I currently pay Geico $407 for full coverage on the RTL. If I add a 2016 Yamaha FJR1300AC to the policy it increases by a bit over $300/year.

So the Yammie is slightly less expensive to insure than the Spyder all other things being equal. The only specific item that stands out between them is the more expensive collision for the Spyder - probably due to all the tupperware and/or the cost of repairing a lay-down.

The Yammie is roughly worth half of what the Spyder is.

Spyder Garage

Default Progressive

I have a USAA umbrella policy, so I have to use their partner, Progressive. I went from a 2017 BMW F700GS to a 2017 Spyder RT. Both were new this year and both had the exact same coverages and deductibles. The Spyder costs about 1/3 more to insure than the BMW, but that's understandable since it cost twice as much and has a lot more size and power.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    I have a USAA umbrella policy, so I have to use their partner, Progressive.
    I have an USAA umbrella policy (they actually pawned it of to someone else like they do their bike insurance) but I'm not required to have Progressive (I have Markel). My only requirements are minimums on my deductibles and liability.
    2017 RT Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Here’s an interesting twist — I called Geico to tell them I am now divorced. They raised my premium $111. When I asked why I was told statistics show recently divorced males become more reckless. Really? I am 63 with a perfect driving record. Might need to make some phone calls.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I really don't know how it is now compared to 50, and maybe 25, years ago, but way back then I concluded that insurance was the one item that the more honest you are in giving information, the higher the cost. The insurance industry pricing policies encourage dishonesty!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I pay 245.00 a year on my 2013 sts from Geico in Pennsylvania .
    2013 sts , Pure Magnesium

Spyder Garage

I have Geico insurance & and I pay $ 500.00 ( 12 month premium) and I have a 2014 RTS-SE6, no claims. Been with Geico for 5 years until present.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue