Thread: F3L OEM Muffler

Spyder Garage

Default F3L OEM Muffler

I am in need of a OEM muffler that will fit a 2017 F3L. A few months back I installed
    a cat delete pipe and a nice stainless steel muffler that according to my wife, some
    neighbors and one city policeman that destroys the peace and quiet of our community.
    So if anyone has an OEM muffler and possibly a cat delete pipe just laying around
    for said muffler, feel free to pm me. I need to return the peace and serenity to our
    community.

Dray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default F-3, OEM Muffler

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    I am in need of a OEM muffler that will fit a 2017 F3L. A few months back I installed
    a cat delete pipe and a nice stainless steel muffler that according to my wife, some
    neighbors and one city policeman that destroys the peace and quiet of our community.
    So if anyone has an OEM muffler and possibly a cat delete pipe just laying around
    for said muffler, feel free to pm me. I need to return the peace and serenity to our
    community.

Dray
    ....I'm curious - what did you do with the orig. OEM muffler ??????? ........... Mike

Spyder Garage

Default F3L OEM Muffler

Stupid as this may sound on my part, I was down south at the rally in Boerne and I left it with the vendor
    that changed it out. My pea brain did not accept the fact that I might have a use for it later and really did
    not have away to haul it as I was leaving there for road trip down to Big Bend National Park.
    In that respect I was not alone as the vendor had a barrel full of oem mufflers and cats. I thought if necessary
    I might be able baffle it down to quieten the bark some. The vender even sent me different
    baffle but did not help. So here I am looking to get back to an OEM muffler and a cat delete pipe.

Dray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MISSING OEM MUFFLER

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    Stupid as this may sound on my part, I was down south at the rally in Boerne and I left it with the vendor
    that changed it out. My pea brain did not accept the fact that I might have a use for it later and really did
    not have away to haul it as I was leaving there for road trip down to Big Bend National Park.
    In that respect I was not alone as the vendor had a barrel full of oem mufflers and cats. I thought if necessary
    I might be able baffle it down to quieten the bark some. The vender even sent me different
    baffle but did not help. So here I am looking to get back to an OEM muffler and a cat delete pipe.

Dray
    Too bad on this ..... Considering the cost of a new one , I'd recontact the Vendor and see if they can send one back to you .....It might even be possible to fit an RT or RS muffler for the time being .......just a thought ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-09-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Spyder Garage

Post a pic of the muffler and what kind it is. I still have my OEM cat and would consider a swap for the muffler. You only live 3 hours from me. It could be a day for you to come to my house and do the swap there.
    Better yet PM me and I can give you my phone# and you could just text me the photos of it.
    Last edited by AY4B; 04-09-2018 at 06:59 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

PM sent.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

According to Dray's profile, he has a Spyderman SSF31 exhaust. It looks like a muffler/cat bypass in one. I would have to hear what it sounds like first. All the videos I have seen are very loud, but not baffled.

This is a 2 way adjustable muffler on a cat-delete system. The adjustments are .. baffle in very mellow, baffle out very throaty and raspy. I have this on my personal bike and it's awesome. The exhaust pipe is aluminized steel buffed to a brilliant finish and the muffler is stainless steel that WILL CHANGE COLOR after a few days of riding. It will go from chrome color to a gold tone color. This is a fiberglass reinforced muffler wound very tightly to never need re-servicing.
    Last edited by AY4B; 04-10-2018 at 08:48 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited