Spyder Garage

Default ShowChrome trailor hitch

Good morning, I'm thinking about getting the ShowChrome trailor hitch. Can you put any rack on it or just the ShowChrome one?

thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Good morning, I'm thinking about getting the ShowChrome trailor hitch. Can you put any rack on it or just the ShowChrome one?

thanks, Mike
    It required a couple of shims to make the u-bolts fit better, but I used the Doc Humphries rack and pac with mine. It worked great. I am not about to install the same hitch on my F3T so I can continue to use the rack for longer trips.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Do you have any pics on how it hooks up? Thanks, Mike
    Last edited by wmh9680; 07-23-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Do you have any pics on how it hows up? Thanks, Mike
    Sorry. I have sold the rt, but i plan on putting the same setup on my f3t. I plan on putting the hitch on next week, but the rack much later.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default Showchrome Hitch & Rack

I bought one of these a couple of months ago. The install is fairly easy. The main bolt to hold the brackets on goes through the hollow rear axle bolt. I think mine was packaged improperly because the brackets have three bolts on each side and on one side of mine only two of the bolts will mate up. I think I flipped the bracket over to get it to work instead of sending it back. It is plenty rugged like it is. As for the rack, I was thinking it was a lot bigger that what it was. It will hold a medium size cooler. I had to do a lot of shopping to find the right cooler. When I did one of my bungee cords came off and I scratched the crap out of it when it fell off. Over all I am satisfied with both products.