Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default ECU Flash---Who has ORDERED YET?

And, if you have received the unit back, what was your whole experience like? I'd like to know more about disassembly to get to the ECU, shipping, total order turn around, other issues, etc.
    Maybe you could also comment on what parameters you ordered on the ECU as well?
    Thanks!
    2016 F3T Limited
    F4 Windshield, LaMonster backrest, headlights, foglights with rings, Long Horn mirror lights, saddle bag and fender lights, swaybar, cat bypass, Centrtonics balancers, Fobo, Baker hand and lower wings, laser alignment, Dual power plate,Givi E47 center bag, Sensa 20s, Pitbull highway riding pegs, Tricled highway lights, empty bank account

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

On the RT the ECU is on the left side of the bike behind the side covers. Really easy to remove. believe its 3 bolts and a large connector and the ECU is off the bike.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can you post a picture of what we should be looking for?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I tried to copy and paste from the manuals but its too big or wont let me paste to the thread.

Its where your headlight adjuster is located behind the panel. Black square model with large connectors on it
    Last edited by trikermutha; 07-22-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nealperkins View Post
    And, if you have received the unit back, what was your whole experience like? I'd like to know more about disassembly to get to the ECU, shipping, total order turn around, other issues, etc.
    Thanks!
    I have remapped another 3 ecu's from members of this site this week and have sent back so here's hoping these members will give details very soon with there own findings.
    I have 2 more that have been sent to me and track/trace says they due to be delivered tomorrow i remap same day and get in the post the next, so there will be a few of my tuned bikes running around.
    Be plenty for people to compare
    Thanks

Jason
    rotaxracing@gmail.com

Spyder Garage

Once more people have these running around we will need a real comparison between Jase and Monster Fuel Injection. Then those of us interested can make an educated decision.

Spyder Garage

Default How to mail ECU

Here is what you need to know for shipping. Fed Ex ground is great about $26. Overnight $?? Mail it ground on a Monday, should get it back by Friday. It's the ECU by your lower left foot on an RT. Usually, I have an ECU in my hands 24 hours after it's mailed back.

Declare the value at $1. Call it an Auto part/fuel injector control, say its for repair. Ask for the box that's 13x11x3. It's not in their display wall, its brown and at my location its under the counter.
    It works best to have this written down on a sheet of paper for easy data entry. Also Have your complete information on the paper as well.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Dennis in Lodi; 07-25-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't give up just yet. There's a lot of tire kickin' going on; and remember, you just got here. As an older crowd, we've learned to be skeptical of 'too good to be true' sort of thing. Besides, it's prime riding season.

Question: Worse case scenario, what if an owner wants/needs to return the ECU to stock, for whatever reason; what's the cost to return it to stock?

Thanks!
    Last edited by nealperkins; 07-23-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    2016 F3T Limited
    F4 Windshield, LaMonster backrest, headlights, foglights with rings, Long Horn mirror lights, saddle bag and fender lights, swaybar, cat bypass, Centrtonics balancers, Fobo, Baker hand and lower wings, laser alignment, Dual power plate,Givi E47 center bag, Sensa 20s, Pitbull highway riding pegs, Tricled highway lights, empty bank account

Spyder Garage

Default Dealers

Is there any Can Am Dealers that tune the ECU's in the shop ?

2016 RT-S Pearl White

BRP Driver Backrest
    Lamonster Spyderdock, (2) Spydercuffs
    Magic Mirror w/Doc Humphreys tethers
    (2) Rokform phone mounts
    FOBO
    SpyderPops Bumpskid,missing belt guard,Rear strobe LEDs
    Lamonster LED headlights & foglights
    Spyder Pockets
    LED front fender kit -running & turn signals
    Custom Back off mudflap
    Vinyl nameplate & 1330 triple decals by New Image Signs
    Custom RLS exhaust
    Hogtunes speakers 5 1/4 front and back
    Memphis Powersports Amp
    Her name is "Purl"
    2016 RT-S , white

Spyder Garage

Default ECU Flash

Thanks!
    What does the new programing do or change? Neil

Spyder Garage

Default Curious. ....🤔

Say a problem comes up with your spyder and upon inspection they find the ecm not to specs...what would be brp's stance on the ecm having been tampered with or say altered ..?? I have no warranty so not an issue but wondering if they could claim other non related problems on the modified ecm...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't give up just yet. There's a lot of tire kickin' going on; and remember, you just got here. As an older crowd, we've learned to be skeptical of 'too good to be true' sort of thing. Besides, it's prime riding season.

Question: Worse case scenario, what if an owner wants/needs to return the ECU to stock, for whatever reason; what's the cost to return it to stock?

Thanks!
    Once you have bought your initial remap from us we keep all details including your stock map on our system so if you ever need to go back to stock all we need is your ecu , we do not charge for this only a small fee for postage.
    Thanks

Jason

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kredab View Post
    Is there any Can Am Dealers that tune the ECU's in the shop ?
    I have just built a wire harness (test bench harness) for one of my good friends (seadoo dealer)in Jersey, i will work with him to receive and remap ecus that get sent to us and he will also ship back (all done in us).
    I am also finishing up a system so if a customer rides his spyder to him he can connect up to the bike and remap straight away with out having to remove the ecu, i do offer this service now with new zealand and australian customers that bring they're spyders to me have been doing this for many years.

Thanks
    Jason

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Say a problem comes up with your spyder and upon inspection they find the ecm not to specs...what would be brp's stance on the ecm having been tampered with or say altered ..?? I have no warranty so not an issue but wondering if they could claim other non related problems on the modified ecm...
    Hi
    There is only a couple of ways a dealer can see if a ecu has been modified
    1, Looking at min/max on buds and seeing if anything looks out of place, eg rev limit way higher than should be
    2, Some guys that tune these ecu's actually cut open the ecu to remap and then re glue the ecu up again and the dealer/brp can see the glue join.
    One of my systems i can write the new file via Can so no need to open the ecu.
    3,On some of the ecu's especially the new stuff ( that require mpi 3's and log in to brp boss web) it has a counter so every time the ecu get written to or a update the ecu logs this and once the dealer connects to buds this info will get sent back to brp via boss web then they will know the ecu has been modified in some way there is only 1 way around this.

As for claiming other non related issues not related to the ecu the dealer cant turn these down, as for issues that are related to the ecu it is upto the dealers discretion if they put the claim in to brp.

In our dealership we know that a well tuned ecu is not going to cause issues and push most claims through.
    Thanks
    Jason

Spyder Garage

OK, dummy me, my question is, what is the point of this & what does it accomplish? This is a subject that I know absolutely nothing about, but would like to.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What does it do???

Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    On the F3, you only need to remove the left side panel (4 screws and 3 push pins). The ecu is mounted on the frame right behind the left side fog light. 3 10mm bolts hold it. 2 harness connectors unplug once you have it unbolted. Black wedge shaped box with 2 large connectors.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

1. What inputs are used when flashing the ECU's. I know on my 2 wheeler, they take into account the exhaust and intake setup to make adjustments to a more free flowing exhaust and intake to adjust the fuel trims and timing also.

2. Can you elaborate what adjustments are made to the ECU so I can have a better understanding what changes are being made?

Just a side note, and I know this is early stages but it would be nice to see real Dyno numbers before and after a tune. Would definitely be interesting I'm sure.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that anybody is going to tell you what they tinkered with: they most likely wouldn't appreciate anyone following in their footsteps, without doing the hard work!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    OK, dummy me, my question is, what is the point of this & what does it accomplish? This is a subject that I know absolutely nothing about, but would like to.

I would like to know also. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Look at Video of an RT flashed

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t-clips-RT-ecu

Gives you better two up passing power. More power for pulling a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I would like to know also. Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I don't think that anybody is going to tell you what they tinkered with: they most likely wouldn't appreciate anyone following in their footsteps, without doing the hard work!
    I understand they don't want to let the cat out of the bag, I guess what I am wondering is the flash bike specific taking into account the intake and exhaust (w/ or w/o cat bypass) or is it just a general flash. And if it is just a general flash, what are they changing with the ECU to make the power gains (not the details specifically)

You usually have to let them know if you have a free flowing exhaust, intake, fuel programmer so they can make the appropriate changes within the flash.

I ask because by just giving it a general ECU flash, without taking into account the intake, bypass, and or exhaust, the Spyder might not run as well before the flash and could actually decrease performance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I understand they don't want to let the cat out of the bag, I guess what I am wondering is the flash bike specific taking into account the intake and exhaust (w/ or w/o cat bypass) or is it just a general flash. And if it is just a general flash, what are they changing with the ECU to make the power gains (not the details specifically)

You usually have to let them know if you have a free flowing exhaust, intake, fuel programmer so they can make the appropriate changes within the flash.

I ask because by just giving it a general ECU flash, without taking into account the intake, bypass, and or exhaust, the Spyder might not run as well before the flash and could actually decrease performance.
    I ask all my customers to supply a list of mods that have been done to the spyder so i can adjust accordingly, we like to set our tunes around what your bike has so you can get the best out of the extra parts you have or intend to fit.

Thanks
    Jase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    I ask all my customers to supply a list of mods that have been done to the spyder so i can adjust accordingly, we like to set our tunes around what your bike has so you can get the best out of the extra parts you have or intend to fit.

Thanks
    Jase
    Thank you for the response. I was figuring that, but wanted to make sure.

Do you by chance have any numbers (averages) on the increase in HP, TQ, and MPG+/-?
    I'm sure the numbers between the 1300 and 998 will be different but was curious as to the gains your seeing. I have a 998, 11 RTS