Thread: 2013 RT limited

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT limited

Can somebody tell me if the 2013 Rt has a low fuel light

Spyder Garage

Yes on right side of cluster. Been there 😂

Spyder Garage

If your 2013 gets the "usual" mileage for a 998, you can expect the light to come on around 150 miles or so.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Mine comes on well before the 150 mile point. Probably more due to the really poor design of the tank/fuel gauge than anything else. I am going to disconnect the gauge and go with the digital gauge on the screen to see if there is a difference. BUT on the positive side, it makes me get off the bike and stretch my legs and back every couple of hours.

Spyder Garage

Default disconnected fuel gauge

ok folks here goes another question. I have disconnected the fuel and temp gauge and now are reading on the digital display. When the fuel becomes low will the light still come on when low on fuel.
    Thanks for giving your input.

Spyder Garage

Yes

Spyder Garage

Lot's of Fuel / Mileage testing this year preparing for my SmackDab Run and IBA SS1K rides. Both riding solo, Got low fuel (Reserve) light in as little as 102 miles when going 65+ into 20 - 30 MPH headwinds in South and North Dakota., got 167 miles on one tank before the light lit and refueled at 187 without running out. I'm thinking we had 10 - 20 MPH tailwinds and were staying under 65 mph on pretty level SW Minnesota plains.
    I've set my GPS fuel warning to pop-up at 130 miles to be safe.
    I'm also running a car tire rear tire and using only 18 - 20lbs in my rear tire.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

The light is red & looks like a little gas pump.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic