Spyder Garage

Default Touring Colorado

I'm going to be in Colorado during the week of September 18th and would like to become a HAM (High Altitude Member) member while there. Does anyone here in Colorado have a map of the passes or know where I can get one?

I'd like to get in as many as I can and I'll have a few days to spend on this adventure. Better yet, is there anyone here that has the time and desire to also do it?

I'll be leaving Springfield, MO (Spyders in the Ozarks) on Sunday, September 17th and heading west. I'll need to be in St. George, UT on Tuesday, September 26th for the start of the Red Rock Spyder Rally.

Any information would be helpful.

Jerry
    317-445-1411
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use this site http://www.motorcycleroads.com/motorcycle-roads to find great rides. It even has the GPX files to download to the GPS for riding.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Copperman;1281642]I'm going to be in Colorado during the week of September 18th and would like to become a HAM (High Altitude Member) member while there. Does anyone here in Colorado have a map of the passes or know where I can get one?

You might try Red Mountain between Montrose and Durango, and if you happen to get into Wyoming do the Bear Tooth pass, right north of Cody.
    Ken
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Default Colorado Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I'm going to be in Colorado during the week of September 18th and would like to become a HAM (High Altitude Member) member while there. Does anyone here in Colorado have a map of the passes or know where I can get one?

I'd like to get in as many as I can and I'll have a few days to spend on this adventure. Better yet, is there anyone here that has the time and desire to also do it?

I'll be leaving Springfield, MO (Spyders in the Ozarks) on Sunday, September 17th and heading west. I'll need to be in St. George, UT on Tuesday, September 26th for the start of the Red Rock Spyder Rally.

Jerry
    317-445-1411

I am currently on a Colorado trip drom georgia. Rode across the ridges in Rocky Mountain National Park. Stayed around Estes Park for five days and now spending six days riding out of Salida. Blacks Canyon at Gunnison was best scenery of trip.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Let me know when you get close, I may be able to ride around with you.. Unless you want a patch from Pikes Peak and say you rode it, don't bother... Go up Mt. Evans instead.. Higher (14,261'), cheaper $3.00 or your senior NPS pass, and more wildlife, (mtn goats.) and less traffic..
    550 from Ouray to Durango is a great ride.. There are several passes you can do in a day fairly easy..
    Ride safe..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amusher View Post
    Let me know when you get close, I may be able to ride around with you.. Unless you want a patch from Pikes Peak and say you rode it, don't bother... Go up Mt. Evans instead.. Higher (14,261'), cheaper $3.00 or your senior NPS pass, and more wildlife, (mtn goats.) and less traffic..
    550 from Ouray to Durango is a great ride.. There are several passes you can do in a day fairly easy..
    Ride safe..
    We are planning pikes peak and mt evans for next summer. Got to get home soon or my wife might forget about me.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Jerry
    317-445-1411
    FYI, that time of year is often snowy in the mountains.

Spyder Garage

Jerry
    317-445-1411
    Hi Jerry
    Getting a HAM is something I have wanted to do for years. Wish I could join you this year tho I will look for you in St.George.The information you need is at this website
    https://www.meetup.com/CC-Riders-Motorcycle-Club/

Good luck with your adventure

more info

https://www.meetup.com/CC-Riders-Mot...mber_%28HAM%29

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]High Altitude Member (HAM)

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]

2006 to 2010 High Altitude Member Roster

The requirements to become a HAM:

Successfully complete one or more of the following to qualify for the big HAM patch and that adventure's rocker:

• Ride over five (5) different passes, each over 10,000 ft. in elevation
    • Ride over ten (10) different passes, each over 10,000 ft. in elevation
    • Ride the road to the summit of Pikes Peak- 14,110 ft.
    • Ride the road to the summit of Mount Evans- 14,264 feet
    • Join the club for the annual 6-Pack Ride. This ride travels over six passes in one day-total elevation of six passes exceeds 65,000 feet (check the event calendar for date and time)
    • Ride over Trail Ridge Road between Estes Park and Grand Lake-12,183 ft. There are 3 passes (Milner, Fall River & Iceberg) on this stretch of road that count towards the 5 and 10 pass rockers
    • Ride to the plateau of the Grand Mesa in Mesa/Delta counties- 10,839 ft.

Costs:
    Big HAM patch $10.00 for CC Riders members or $15.00 for non-members.
    Rockers (rectangular patches) are available for $5.00 each to commemorate the adventures you complete.
    Gold Star Pins are $1.00/each and can be pinned on individual ride rockers to commemorate each trip you complete on a particular HAM adventure.

Provide proof:
    Capture a picture of yourself and your motorcycle next to sign listing the elevation. Sometimes signs are not evident or accessible. Do your best to capture a landmark, your bike, yourself and friends at the target destination. If you participate in a Club ride the leader will verify your attendance and your accomplishment.

Submit HAM Membership application/liability release form, photos and money for patches (DOC/PDF) to:
    CC Riders (HAM)
    C/O Rick Bowser
    11425 S. Fountain Hills Street
    Parker, CO. 80138

or bring your application to the monthly club meeting.

One ride season is equal to one calendar year. In Colorado access to Pikes Peak and Mt. Evans is limited to the months of May through September.

For questions contact HAM Master
    [/COLOR]
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 07-19-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Start planning here

Download these maps from CDOT. They were prepared with input from one of the local motorcycle clubs, showing the best roads and level of difficulty. https://www.codot.gov/safety/live-to...resources.html

My favorite rides are the ones marked "difficult". The dotted routes (scenic byways) are especially nice to ride.

Second half of September, you may run into ice and snow on the highest passes. Usually not a worry if you can afford a down day while the storm passes and things melt. Watch the weather closely.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

What a neat "club", where you can demonstrate that you have spent
    more time oxygen starved, than a mere mortal.

That little zinger aside, Colorado is a scenic wonder, the population has
    been used to welcoming tourists for a long time. There is so much to see and do there.

Stay safe, be alert for dispensary customers, especially near towns like Salida, Grand Junction,
    or Colo. Springs.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)