Spyder Garage

Default Zumo 660/IPOD RT LTD

Good Morning, Well I finally broke down and bought a IPOD cable for my bike (I have a 2nd gen Nano) and plugged it in in the rear trunk. At 1st it seemed to work fine but now the song that is playing shows up diff on the instrument cluster and the Zumo and neither one says the right song. What the heck is that about? It's nice to have music when you are in the sticks too far from the stations. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

The Zumo 660 has nothing to do with the ipod. It is impossible for it to display what is on or playing on the ipod.

When the display is on the audio/aux/ipod screen. It will display what is playing on the ipod.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    and neither one says the right song. What the heck is that about?
    The instrument panel doesn't show the correct iPod song? That's a bit curious.

I've had iTunes mislabel some of my music and I had to manually correct it. First, I'd make sure that this isn't the issue. If that's not the issue, select a song, then look at it on the iPod and the dashboard to ensure that they're different. At the risk of pointing our the obvious, make sure you're not looking at the name of the genius mix or playlist. If this doesn't clear things up you've got a warranty issue.

Unrelated to your question, here's a free tip. My iPod Nano doesn't have an overall setting to always play in shuffle mode and if I select a playlist via the dashboard it always plays sorted by artist. If I unplug the iPod, select a playlist and select "Shuffle, then plug it back in I can achieve shuffle mode.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It might depend upon where you get your music from...
    I copy mine off of my CDs, and sometimes the Apple Software has trouble picking the proper CD.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    sometimes the Apple Software has trouble .
    I think that probably is the key here.
    Apple software often has trouble communicating with ANYTHING that is not made by Apple.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I swear the GPS had the song on it but I will double check. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I swear the GPS had the song on it but I will double check. Thanks, Mike

Pretty sure you can download songs right into your 660 though.
    2016 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you are playing music directly from MP3 files stored on your GPS.
    The GPS sound overrides the tunes from your IPOD.
    Don't play the music files from the GPS and that might solve your issue.

Just speculating. I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Yes the GPS can act as a music player. But the connection to the radio is not setup to work properly for that function on 2015 and older models. It sounds like crap.

2018 F3 LIMITED