New Orleans Westbank - Belle Chasse, La 70037
    Spyder Garage

Default Any complaints about "Trailerhitch etc" and their installation

I ordered a trailer hitch for my F3s and to my surprise the plates that have to be installed first to carry the hitch arm require the axel bolt to be removed which is no small task plus the thickness of the plates make it impossible for the axel bolts to be screwed back on even if I leave off the stock axel bolt washers. I think they sent me the wrong parts but its Sunday and they aren't open and I was hoping someone here might know the answer. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default axle length for brackets

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybarton View Post
    I ordered a trailer hitch for my F3s and to my surprise the plates that have to be installed first to carry the hitch arm require the axel bolt to be removed which is no small task plus the thickness of the plates make it impossible for the axel bolts to be screwed back on even if I leave off the stock axel bolt washers. I think they sent me the wrong parts but its Sunday and they aren't open and I was hoping someone here might know the answer. Thanks

I mounted mine without the washer (figured the plates served the same function.

A little short on the thread, but still holding 6,000 miles later.
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

New Orleans Westbank - Belle Chasse, La 70037
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailerhitch etc installation

Hey, thanks for the reply. Did you have any problem removing the axel bolt? Like, did the brake system get out of center with the axel bolt hole and any other similar problems? They failed to send me any instructions with the package and one of the plate bolts was shorter than the other 3. I spoke with the English speaking guy at Trailerhitch Etc and he explained I would be getting the instructions today by email. Thanks again