Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    If you want to do drugs fine, but if your drug use hurts others.........
    we all know cousin marrying like in islam produces certain birth defects, in pakistan it is common & ~30% of those have
    severe problems but it is their country to do as they like, over here we would be paying with our tax dollars to support the
    children for the rest of their lives.
    everything is choice & consequence but the only way to prevent is for the individual to pay not society.

are any of you aware on judge judy when she berates someone for whatever and screams "you idiot you are going to pay"
    she is lying since she knows the show will pay and pays the defendant for appearing. how can anyone learn from this?
    back to the point, true freedomw is taking responsibility for your personal actions and accepting it.
    please tell me that you DON'T watch Judge Judy!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Lamont the site administrator has told us no political or religious posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwingel9 View Post
    So this entire post is illegal, according to the title? Thats too bad, this is nice civil discussion with spyder riders respecting each others views.
    It's not necessarily illegal: not until opinions about which Religion is the only right one (), start getting in the way of any rational discussion.
    This discussion isn't actually about Religion anyway; although using it as a way to combat addiction is certainly a worthwhile and laudable effort!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Schwingel9,

Re: We are a Christian nation

The USA is not a Christian nation. I have been a citizen my entire life. I am a 100% committed atheist.

To each his own.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's not necessarily illegal: not until opinions about which Religion is the only right one (), start getting in the way of any rational discussion.
    This discussion isn't actually about Religion anyway; although using it as a way to combat addiction is certainly a worthwhile and laudable effort!
    I stand corrected.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its not a mistake, God and His natural moral law is the 100 percent perfect solution to question of those post. Why would you not want to use this approach to solve this problem? This is easy to say and do if we all live in utopia.

We are a Christian nation, holding fast to this rock is what keeps us strong and united. Is it the government's responsibility? Yes, because we are the government, a government that removes poison, not legalizing it and especially not profiting from a disease.The government and religion should not be mixed with each other. Their only similarity is that its a way for a smaller group of people to control a larger group of people. If you think people and entities (governments and religions) are not profiting greatly now from the worlds diseases in many ways then you may want to take a closer look. According to the United States constitution we welcome all religions.

Don't cave in making excuses, help fight it. Maybe its not only the addicts that need to engage their bootstraps, but also those who are standing on the sidelines watching while their fellow brothers and sisters are lost. Some people like to be lost and have no interest in being found.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This post is about politics and morality though. I agree, one should never put down another's relgion, but to remove all thought of God when discussing these matters, because a person might say something offending
    Seems a bit overbearing and keeps the discussion mundane and one-sided.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are You Serious.jpg

Nobody has mentioned Politics...
    And morality is certainly not a topic to ban.

The only reason that Politics and Religion aren't supposed to be discussed (IMHO!), is that the discussions often turn into mud-slinging arguments over who's is best...

None of that is happening here!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi Schwingel9,

Re: We are a Christian nation

The USA is not a Christian nation. I have been a citizen my entire life. I am a 100% committed atheist.

To each his own.

Jerry Baumchen
    I agree we have freedom to choose or not to choose God, that is your God given right and civic right to choose or not to God. But, this nation is founded under God, because people say they do not believe in Him does not mean He does not exist or that this nation is not a theist nation.

Example, a straight person walks in a gay bar, full of gay people. Is the bar now a straight bar, or a gay bar with a straight person?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree we have freedom to choose or not to choose God, that is your God given right and civic right to choose or not to God. But, this nation is founded under God, because people say they do not believe in Him does not mean He does not exist or that this nation is not a theist nation.

Example, a straight person walks in a gay bar, full of gay people. Is the bar now a straight bar, or a gay bar with a straight person?

The bar is a bar and people with different belief's and lifestyles are at that bar.

The USA is the USA and people with different beliefs and lifestyles live in the USA.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll need a drink, before I try to answer that question!

JerryB,
    We may not be a "Christian Nation"; but our origin is certainly based upon Judaeo-Christian values.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Its not a mistake, God and His natural moral law is the 100 percent perfect solution to question of those post. Why would you not want to use this approach to solve this problem? This is easy to say and do if we all live in utopia.

We are a Christian nation, holding fast to this rock is what keeps us strong and united. Is it the government's responsibility? Yes, because we are the government, a government that removes poison, not legalizing it and especially not profiting from a disease.The government and religion should not be mixed with each other. Their only similarity is that its a way for a smaller group of people to control a larger group of people. If you think people and entities (governments and religions) are not profiting greatly now from the worlds diseases in many ways then you may want to take a closer look. According to the United States constitution we welcome all religions.

Don't cave in making excuses, help fight it. Maybe its not only the addicts that need to engage their bootstraps, but also those who are standing on the sidelines watching while their fellow brothers and sisters are lost. Some people like to be lost and have no interest in being found.
    I agree we are a nation that welcomes all relgions, worshipping God accordingly. There is not one state religion. We have the freedom of God and the government does not have the power to change it to a nation from God.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    The bar is a bar and people with different belief's and lifestyles are at that bar.

The USA is the USA and people with different beliefs and lifestyles live in the USA.

Nothing more, nothing less.
    A nation with the majority of its founders theists and a majority of people chrisian. But yet welcoming everyone.
    Last edited by Schwingel9; 07-24-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    please tell me that you DON'T watch Judge Judy!
    I watch her show to see how many times i can catch her lying, showing that she is not as smart as she thinks or i am
    just that much smarter then her.

But back to the point of the post, I don't want your habits to adversely affect me or those i care about.

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Re: Judaeo-Christian values

Show me were those words are used in Constitution & I'll sort of agree.

I'm waiting . . . . . .

Jerry Baumchen

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

House Face Palm.jpg

I actually prefer that you NOT agree... it would spoil the fun!

Whatever floats Your Goat.jpg

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob,

Show me were those words are used in Constitution & I'll sort of agree.

I'm waiting . . . . . .

Jerry Baumchen
    Actually,
    The Declaration of Independence; The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783, and the Constitution give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation.

Spyder Garage

Thomas Jefferson (author of the Constitution) was an atheist.

How about we get back on track of what the OP originally asked.

John Adams also stated the gov't of the U.S. was not founded in the Christian religion.
    Last edited by wyliec; 07-24-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Thomas Jefferson was an atheist.

How about we get back on track of what the OP originally asked.

John Adams also stated the gov't of the U.S. was not founded in the Christian religion.
    Yes unfortunately there are a few Judas in ever bunch. But,
    Alexander Hamilton, Noah Webster, John Jay, William Findley, Rufus King, and James Wilson. All attested to the fact that "the laws of nature and of nature's God" refer to laws given by God Himself. John Quincy Adams stated that the phrase assumes the existence of a God, the moral ruler of the universe, and a rule of right and wrong.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If this post keeps going down the religion route - it will be stopped, and rightly so according to the rules of the forum. This is not the place to proselytise

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    If this post keeps going down the religion route - it will be stopped, and rightly so according to the rules of the forum. This is not the place to proselytise
    What post was used to try to convert one from their respected religion? Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just please stop with the god given law stuff ... She and her mates have better things to do..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Alexander Hamilton, Noah Webster, John Jay, William Findley, Rufus King, and James Wilson. All attested to the fact that "the laws of nature and of nature's God" refer to laws given by God Himself. John Quincy Adams stated that the phrase assumes the existence of a God, the moral ruler of the universe, and a rule of right and wrong.

It's like everything else. Its how its interpreted by the reader. That's why lawyers exist.

"God" is many different things to many different people.

Spyder Garage

Hi Schwingel9,

My challenge stands: Show me where those words are used in Constitution

You cannot do it; and neither can Bob Denman.

Re: Actually . . . give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation.

Horse puckey; only in your mind.

Jerry Baumchen

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Hi Schwingel9,

My challenge stands: Show me where those words are used in Constitution

You cannot do it; and neither can Bob Denman.

Re: Actually . . . give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation.

Horse puckey; only in your mind.

Jerry Baumchen
    I agree that exact phrase is not in there, but that exact phrase does not have to be in there to prove this is a Christian nation. In fact, even if it was in there, those words are merely words. Christianity is not a phrase or a religion, it is a way of life. It is THE WAY. The way in which one sacrifices not the enemies life for their own, but rather ones own life for their enemy's. A way that is self giving in every way, with every thing the person holds dear. Our nation was founded umder that WAY.From the beginning
    And still to this day millions of brave men and women sacrifice everthing for their loved ones, people they have never met, and even people who don't like them. For people burning their flag and blaspheming their God, all in hope that their efforts will make this word a better and holy place. There are no atheists in fox holes, in churches, or in missionaries. There is only God and his children, giving proof, and living THE WAY.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Jerry,
    If you read the stories in the Bible: you'll actually find two lessons in most of them.
    One is for believing, and the other is for living.
    I don't care what you do about the believing part: that's completely your choice.
    But the lessons for living involve telling folks how they should treat each other, and go about their daily lives.
    In my very simple interpretation (I am certainly not a Scholar): I found that you will be following those lessons pretty well, if you treat people kindly, honestly, and fairly.
    Do the same in your business dealings also.
    That is what I take as Judaeo-Christian values.

It's not much of a stretch; to see a lot of that our Constitution, or Declaration of Independence.

But that's just me.

Now: let's get back to the dying druggies, and put the Bibles back in the Motel Room dresser!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 07-25-2017 at 08:27 AM.