Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Both of you guys need a trip out behind the woodshed...
    You're now down to arguing over stupid things like semantics.
    Please put the keyboards away, and go take your dogs for a walk!
    It's fine. We are learning.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schwingel9 View Post
    God's definition through His Divine Revalation.
    Does the term 'religious fanaticism' mean anything to you?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but let me be more specific. We all have free will, free will is a gift from God to us. Free will is a necessity in order to have a truly loving relationship. God does not want, nor did He create robots. He created rational beings that had and have the ability to choose Him or not to. Some humans do, some dont. Some angels did, some didn't.

Humans at anytime are free to turn to or turn away while here on earth. Because of their superior intelligence the angels made one selection.
    Thanks, but I don't get my ideas about religious freedom from your religion. I am an atheist, so why would I? My freedom to choose what to believe or not believe comes from living in a society that happens to grant that right. Try exercising your 'god-given' religious rights in many other societies, including ours over 300 years ago and you'll quickly discover how meaningless your 'god-given' rights are.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-25-2017 at 06:16 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Okay, I'm calling you out on this one. Where is it defined, except in religious texts, that god is love? You're using your own belief system to validate your own belief system. Try thinking for yourself instead of chasing your tail with beliefs piled on top of beliefs.
    Evil does it exist outside of religion?

First, what is evil, what is its definition? Evil by definition is the absence of the good. In order for evil to not exist, good would have to not exist. Have you ever sensed anything good? The more good there is the less evil there is, vise versa.

Evil is not the opposite of God, nor is Satan the opposite of God. That is why you don't need to believe in God to define exists.

Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

Does the term 'religious fanaticism' mean anything to you?
    Yes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Evil does it exist outside of religion? First, what is evil, what is its definition? Evil by definition is the absence of the good. In order for evil to not exist, good would have to not exist. Have you ever sensed anything good? The more good there is the less evil there is, vise versa. Evil is not the opposite of God, nor is Satan the opposite of God. That is why you don't need to believe in God to define exists. Hope this helps.
    Evil and good are religious constructs, as are 'god' and 'satan'. They mean nothing to someone who does not believe as you do.

Intelligence and lack thereof, on the other hand, does not need religion to define it.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-25-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Thanks, but I don't get my ideas about religious freedom your religion. I am an atheist, so why would I? My freedom to choose what to believe or not believe comes from living in a society that happens to grant that right. Try exercising your religious rights in many other societies, including ours over 300 years ago and you'll quickly discover how meaningless your 'god-given' rights are.
    So you are using your God given free will, choosing not believe, now.

And using your civil right if freedom of religion, to not practice a religion you do not believe in.

You definitely are a free man. One good thing you got going for you is that your name derived from the 1st pope.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You're missing the point

Free will - you say is god given - a premise underlying your case

I do not agree with this premise - it is merely your belief system

Now either get back to the topic of government role in caring for the lost ones in a sick world, or just please (2nd request) stop with all the god stuff.

Spyder Garage

Evil and good are religious constructs. They mean nothing to someone who does not believe as you do.

Intelligence and lack thereof, on the other hand, does not need religion to define it.
    If you do not personally believe riding your spyder makes you feel good, why ride it ? If good means nothing to you because you are an atheist, why would you sacrifice your life for your loved one's? Why do you smile, laugh, and love? We have more in common than you thought, and I'm not an atheist.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    You're missing the point

Free will - you say is god given - a premise underlying your case

I do not agree with this premise - it is merely your belief system

Now either get back to the topic of government role in caring for the lost ones in a sick world, or just please (2nd request) stop with all the god stuff.
    If the freewill to choose to believe in or not to believe in God did not come from God, who did it come from?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Again a wrong premise "good means nothing to you because you are an atheist" - what a nonsensical statement !