Spyder Garage

Default Advice on entry level headsets

Looking for advice on purchasing entry level headsets (below 300 for pair).....thinking about the FreedConn T-COMVB Helmet Bluetooth Headset Intercom for Motorbike. My main use is for communication between me and my wife who will be riding with me on the same bike. Any advice appreciated.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLL NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT

Contact - Motorcycle Dave ( a vendor here - see home page ) ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just bought this one. http://www.gearbest.com/motorcycle-parts/pp_264923.html

I've only had it a week but so far its been great. It's not the most user friendly but the voice and sound quality is fine. I mean for $32, even if it only works for 6 months can you really go wrong.

There are quite few reviews on Youtube about it.

Spyder Garage

Get a pair of Interphone Urban. Simple easy to use and reasonable.
    Before developing the new systems, Interphone first contracted with the GFK Institute to conduct a large user study.
    The GFK Institute has conducted similar studies for BMW Motorrad and Ducati, so they have an understanding of the motorcycling community.
    The Interphone study included nearly 700 participants -- motorcycle owners like you -- to ask about intercom use.
    The response was clear.
    Motorcyclists said to forget the "massive features list" and give us an intercom that's easy to use, has excellent battery life, fast recharging and excellent sound quality.
    Had SENA's before and I'll never go back just sayin and besides there Tech support is useless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    I just bought this one. http://www.gearbest.com/motorcycle-parts/pp_264923.html

I've only had it a week but so far its been great. It's not the most user friendly but the voice and sound quality is fine. I mean for $32, even if it only works for 6 months can you really go wrong.

There are quite few reviews on Youtube about it.

I picked up at set of these for my wife and myself last year. I use it with my cell phone when riding and have no issues. As you said a little cumbersome to navigate around. Wife and I chat when riding with no issues. Cant beat the price.

8 out of 10.

Spyder Garage

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=3BVYT5IYY1B2G

Check the link and you will see a number of headsets (for 2 people) for under $100. You can also see that the identical headsets are being sold under a variety of names and for different prices
    ranging from $80-99. If you look at the Lexin, Excelvan and Heneng you will see the same product with different names on them, all coming out of China. My wife and I bought a pair 4 years ago
    and have been using them since, to not only speak to each other, but also listening to music via Bluetooth. BEWARE, the instructions we received were in broken English and while it was funny to
    read, it was a little frustrating to figure it all out.
    The ones that Badco149 recommended are also on that page under the name Yideng, also for under $100. You can also try Ebay where I bought mine. Good Luck.