Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Well, I have proceeded to break 3 of the 4 magnets, guess I dn have the magic touch, you gotta keep a close eye on these little suckers, they wanna jump around and play bumper cars a lot
    Sorry to hear that, but I knew if they were cracked, they'd most likely break

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for trying my “snap mirrors “ I hope my spyder buddies enjoy , possibly improve on it .

Spyder Garage

I can tell you I've had them for a couple years now, and work like a charm. Thanks again for all the info you provided.

Ray

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Well, I have proceeded to break 3 of the 4 magnets, guess I dn have the magic touch, you gotta keep a close eye on these little suckers, they wanna jump around and play bumper cars a lot
    Years ago I made my own " Mirror Magnets " ….. I shaped the metal re-placements for the OEM plastic pieces to fit as OEM …. after researching for months I decided to use N50 rare earth magnets that were epoxied into a metal cup. That cup did two things, #1. it increased the strength of the magnet ( so I could use a thinner one ) and #2.-it made the magnet almost indestructible … I had learned that when a magnet breaks in half or more pieces - it will actually increase in strength ( only if it is contained so it doesn't shatter into many un-usable pieces ) … according to science when a magnet breaks all the pieces will have the same N / S orientation as prior to ….. I actually tested this by shattering one with a hammer, since it was epoxied in all the pieces remained where they were originally..... I didn't have a measuring device, but I did a Slide test with an unbroken magnet ….. it felt like the broken needed more effort to move it while attached to a 1/4in. thick steel bar..... I then contracted with a Magnet supplier to have those magnet assemblies constructed to my specs..... so the OEM bolt hole could be used ….. Mike