Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 2008 sm5 gs silver black for sale in mass $ 7000

I'm selling my 2008 gs sm5 just over 17 k recent tire in front rear tire at 75 percent
    full givi luggage under glow green LEDs fender lights .green angel eyes around head lights
    sport rak as well as back rest stereo system ..not the slam pac.baja Rona plugs and wires and sway bar cal sci tinted windshield .hindle exhaust maintained by motorcycle tech .for the asking price I'll throw in the rear givi trunk with sport rack plate mounted to it for quick on and off comes with spare front tires and rims as well as a rear rim .in really nice shape
    asking $7000 it's well worth this price with all the add on's
    Email @ jdenoncourt66@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jamesd; 07-09-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

soo... 53 people have looked at my for sale post ...but not one message of interest ...
    so what is it .. price ? location ? no one likes the 08gs? im sure im priced way below what I've seen them sell for here with no accessories just stock

so just let me know what wrong I don't want to trade a the dealer .they will only mark it up and someone will pay much more

Spyder Garage

First let me say--nice bike--I had one just like it.

You may have answered your own question.

Price--close, but people want to pay ten cents on the dollar. The 08 is the "first" spyder and there have been a few "improvements" along the way.

Don't feel bad about the number of lookers. Many ads have a thousand and no takers. $6K may do it--but no guarantees.

I have always ended up giving the dealer a trade--then its their problem. Put our 2011 up for sale a couple years ago. Good price, good bike--no takers. I am thinking it was location that time. She is still riding it since we did not have an excuse to upgrade.

Hang in and good luck.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

6k is giving it away .. you may be right on the trade . but would rather sell it to a member once the dealer gets it ..price goes up and some one would pay more
    im open to offers .

Spyder Garage

I've never sold a motorcycle on any of the forums I've belonged to but it seems like the people on the forums for a specific type of motorcycle expect you to practically give your stuff away. To me your price seems very reasonable. You may be better off trying Craigslist or Cycletrader. Good luck with the sale.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    I'm selling my 2008 gs sm5 just over 17 k recent tire in front rear tire at 75 percent
    full givi luggage under glow green LEDs fender lights .green angel eyes around head lights
    sport rak as well as back rest stereo system ..not the slam pac.baja Rona plugs and wires and sway bar cal sci tinted windshield .hindle exhaust maintained by motorcycle tech .for the asking price I'll throw in the rear givi trunk with sport rack plate mounted to it for quick on and off comes with spare front tires and rims as well as a rear rim .in really nice shape
    asking $7000 it's well worth this price with all the add on's
    Email @ jdenoncourt66@yahoo.com
    Bought a 08 about 12 months ago. I would have jumped all over this deal back then. Very good price with all the parts added. I payed $7800.00 for mine bone stock.
    David

Spyder Garage

6k is giving it away .. you may be right on the trade . but would rather sell it to a member once the dealer gets it ..price goes up and some one would pay more
    im open to offers .
    Your right on the price being a bit scary. Our friend Kwalsh* has similar for sale since 12/29/16. He has come down to $7,000.

1900 + looks. This is where I came up with the suggested $6K. If dealer is offering between 6 and 7K for trade--that might be the way to go.

Wishing you the best of luck on your sale.

*Look up his ad on search mode. Use his name and it will be visible on the first page.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I was just about to chime in, i have had lots of looks and a couple of questions but fear that i would have to give it away if i want to upgrade so i am still riding it.
    i will say that i will be very hesitant to buy another spyder because of it, i am not looking to make money on them but its a damn hard sell

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kwalsh View Post
    I was just about to chime in, i have had lots of looks and a couple of questions but fear that i would have to give it away if i want to upgrade so i am still riding it.
    i will say that i will be very hesitant to buy another spyder because of it, i am not looking to make money on them but its a damn hard sell
    You are right on. The resale value and trade in value leave much to be desired.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    You are right on. The resale value and trade in value leave much to be desired.
    I sold my 2014 RT, because the trade in value was too low. But they allowed me $9k for my 2012 RSS SE5. Knowing that I only paid $8k, I felt like that was a good deal, so I traded it in. Now, if someone had been in the market, I would have sold it to them for $9k, just to help someone out and keep them from paying the possible $11k that the dealership will be asking for my old bike. But with time being short, and no one wanting to pay anything for a spyder at the time, I did my trade in and was happy. I keep checking the dealers website to see when my old bike will be sold. Since it never showed, I figured that they had a buyer lined up as soon as they received the bike on trade.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Having sold bikes before, everybody wants something for nothing. It doesn't help that bikes like the Spyder are considered luxury recreational toys by many. Also given that more RTs are sold than GS/RS's, should be an indicator of its popularity even on the used market. Timing also is an issue, since many buyers have already spent their tax refunds or have a bike for this season.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

soo... 53 people have looked at my for sale post ...but not one message of interest ...
    so what is it .. price ? location ? no one likes the 08gs? im sure im priced way below what I've seen them sell for here with no accessories just stock

so just let me know what wrong I don't want to trade a the dealer .they will only mark it up and someone will pay much more
    NADA low retail is about $5500. The $6000 suggestion is probably realistic. Add ons are essentially add nothings. It's been my observation that the NADA average retail price, about $7200 for your Spyder, is way over optimistic for all motorcycles sold privately, not just Spyders. The average retail is what a dealer may get. A dealer can provide after sales support. A private party not.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well I have until Thursday on from one dealer and Saturday on the other ...so I Guess I'll take the trade in offer ..thanks for the advice

Spyder Garage

IMHO I'd put it on Ebay...most people here already have a Spyder.

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

Well I have until Thursday on from one dealer and Saturday on the other ...so I Guess I'll take the trade in offer ..thanks for the advice
    Glad you were able to make a decision. Trade in will now be the dealers problem.

Here are some more tips to get your best deal:

: Trade in is only a part of the price.
    : MSRP is a starting point.
    : Check with banks about financing if you are going to do that. Sometimes you can get a better rate.
    : Rates: Dealers Reserve: If you let some dealers find the rate--they sometimes give you a rate that is 2 to 3 points above the actual lenders rate. You sign on the dotted line, and they pocket the difference.
    : Accessories: There is a large markup there. See if you can negotiate "free" installation or a discount off of not installed items (clothing, etc.)
    : Extended warranties: You have two years before making a decision on BEST. I would wait. Dealer gets a big chunk there.
    : Delivery charges and set up: I don't pay them. Tough noogies to the dealer.
    : Extra insurance: Never.

Lots of tools available. Buy good and buy wise.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

im just going to trade it in ..looking forward to that new to me victory cross country ...I bought the spyder for the wife ..but she never warmed up to it anyway

Spyder Garage

im just going to trade it in ..looking forward to that new to me victory cross country ...I bought the spyder for the wife ..but she never warmed up to it anyway
    10-4. The Victory CC is a very nice machine. I am sure you are going to like it. You might be able to cut a good deal because they are not making the brand any more.

I got them to come down from $9300 to $7000 on my two year old new Vulcan. No trade to worry about on that one though. They also threw in free install on the several accessories I purchased through them.

2020 F3L , Magma Red