Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can you recommend a good Texas dealer?

I have recently moved to Texas and am looking to trade my 2014 RT Limited for an F3 Limited In the near future. Can you please recommend dealers that you have had good experiences with? I am near Austin, but the closest dealer just "carries" a few Spyders as an add-on brand and is not a real dedicated dealership to the Spyder. I'm used to the dedication of Cowtown in Cuba, Mo. if anyone is close to them, they can't be beat!

Spyder Garage

We are well north of you just south of DFW area and although new to Spyders have been really impressed with the service team at Cowtown Motorsports on the South side of Ft Worth. They has been selling and servicing Spyders for 10 years. Hope you find a dependable dealer nearby.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Dealers

In the past I have used Central Texas Powersports in Georgetown and Woods Powersports north of Austin. I myself live in Bandera and had good luck with service at Kent Powersports in Selma. Plus there is a Coyote Powersports in Boerne.

I have been told by several riders who traded up that they found the best deals in Houston. I do not know which dealers they used, but guess you can make a few calls.

Michael
    W5MWI

USN Vet - RM1
    Member: VFW & American Legion

2020 Spyder RT-L - Jupiter Metallic Blue Chrome

Spyder Garage

You might want to consider Kent Powersports in Selma, TX (Selma is a "suburb" of San Antonio on I-35 just north east of the city). We've bought two Spyders from them and feel we've been treated fairly. It's uncommon if they have less than half a dozen Spyders on the showroom floor featuring a sample of the range. As important to us is the fact that their "pro" Spyder mechanic is exactly that - a pro who has attended every course BRP offers mechanics. He's also personable and more than willing to fully describe what's at fault and what needs to be done to fix whatever the problem might be.

Last spring, my wife's 2012 RT Limited suffered an "on its last legs dying battery event" one weekend while riding in the Hill Country. We called Kent, spoke to the Spyder pro, and described the symptoms. He advised us that we could safely ride it to the dealership some 85 miles away and that he would wait for us. He was as good as his word and stopped what he was doing to replace the battery. We were on our way within 30 minutes. He's proud of his capabilities and with good reason in our opinion. They're also a dealer for other BRP products, Honda, Yamaha, and Victory (or what remains of Victory).

There is also Woods Cycle Country on I-35 on the north side of New Braunfels. They're also a Can Am dealer and usually have three or four Spyders in the showroom. They're also a dealer for other BRP products, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. They have a decent reputation, but we feel more "at home and welcome" at Kent Powersports. In fairness to Wood Cycle Country, we've attended two of the Can-Am travelling road shows there (to test ride several models and and hear the company describe their products in detail) and were pleased with the dealer's interest in the event and how they managed it.

We visited Coyote in Boerne (it's on I-10) and they had a slew of Spyders but they didn't seem very interested in selling us one (or two for that matter). Perhaps they didn't believe we were serious. Beyond that, Boerne is about 40 miles away while Kent is 6 miles distant and Woods is about 12 miles away.
    Last edited by Arion; 07-09-2017 at 01:31 PM.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to Texas!

Lisa,
    Woods Fun Center in Austin has a new owner/manager. We had a nice conversation with him about a week ago. However, they only had two in inventory.
    Central Texas Powersports in Georgetown seems to do more Can-Am business, more trikes in for service, more sale inventory.
    Both have been very good in their service. Parts guys at both have no idea what the Spyder models are. I ask if a ST part would work on our GS. Blank stair...

Spyder Garage

Default Woods fun center

I could not in good conscience recommend Woods FC in Austin....i bought a new spider there, cash, with plenty of add-ons. The sales staff was totally disinterested in pursuing a sales. I was kept waiting over 5 hours for delivery that was with 2 week notice that i was coming. The predelivery checklist was inadequate....the horn did not even function. The service had also drilled a hole to install the Bluetooth dongle and did not install the grommet around the cable in the hole. This caused the frunk to flood during a recent rainstorm and short out battery and other items. Just my personal experience...yours may didfer...not reccomended.

Spyder Garage

Default I live in Elgin

I only go to Woods Fun Center for Saturday free lunch. Service is terrible. Tried to buy an F3 they did not want to deal and we have been buying bikes, quads and jet skis for over 35 years from them. Any work that needs to be done is at Central Texas PowerSports in Georgetown. Talk with Mike. If you can wait til October and go to the Hill Country rally in Boerne Coyote PowerSports is also good. Rocky the service guru is awesome.
    2016 F3T SE Pearl White
    Purple powder coated wheels
    Performance sway bar
    LED headlights and fog lights
    Short Reach handlebars
    2010 RT A/C SE traded in

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ElgynSpyder View Post
    I only go to Woods Fun Center for Saturday free lunch. Service is terrible. Tried to buy an F3 they did not want to deal and we have been buying bikes, quads and jet skis for over 35 years from them. Any work that needs to be done is at Central Texas PowerSports in Georgetown. Talk with Mike. If you can wait til October and go to the Hill Country rally in Boerne Coyote PowerSports is also good. Rocky the service guru is awesome.
    totally agree! Rocky is the man!!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Texarkana

Well fyi from my neck of woods next door
    ALL my sercice is done at Bradfordmarine in texarkana Tx, ive visited & have heard nothing but good reports on HW marine over in Marshal but thanks to bradford I have not needed another shop. Fyi my local dealer greenwood La is a mess & only reason ill visit them is to see if i can meet another spyder ryder. (Aint happened yet, have meet more at various gas stations than there).

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

{ I'm used to the dedication of Cowtown in Cuba, Mo. if anyone is close to them, they can't be beat! } how are you getting acquainted with the texas heat ?

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought my 2014 RT from Louis Powersports in Greenville, Texas. They were $5500 below sticker, and shipped it to me with a full tank of gas and a 60 day tag. Right now they have the F3 limited for $5000 below sticker (check their ebay listing).
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

My wife and I lived in Austin and just moved to Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. My wife rides an RT and I had a conventional trike. She went to Central Texas PS in Gtown. Now I have bought an F3 Limited from Pit Bull Powersports in Springfield, MO, did me a good job on a deal (Len, owner). Have also taken my wife's RT to SpyderPops down in Hot Springs, wow, is Harvey good (owner), fair, and a Master Tech for Spyders = yesX3! We will be taking our roadsters to him for all work except warranty needed work. If you want a special color/style/equipped Spyder, Pit Bull will have it (largest CanAm dealer in America, 300 sales a year). Told him what I wanted, he said yes, he had it in a crate and build it in a couple days, and he did. I love it!
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

Default Coyote Powersports in Boerne TX

I have heard they have in stock the most Spyders in the area. I noticed someone commented they seemed disinterested in selling them. They must have walked in at a time someone was off. They definitely sell a lot of spyders. The also have a great CanAm service tech. Ask for Rocky if you want to buy a spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmith View Post
    I have heard they have in stock the most Spyders in the area. I noticed someone commented they seemed disinterested in selling them. They must have walked in at a time someone was off. They definitely sell a lot of spyders. The also have a great CanAm service tech. Ask for Rocky if you want to buy a spyder.
    Absolutely Coyote Powersports. Great friendly great service tech, and only 2 hours west.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights